As your health and wellness partner, Health Products for You wants to ensure you stay healthy and informed!
As we age, urine leakage can become more prevalent. Sneezing, laughing, and coughing can cause a small amount of urine to leak. Wouldn’t it be great if there was a proactive way to avoid this problem? Pelvic floor exercises are the answer. Let's explore what our pelvic floor is, and what you can do to ensure it is strong and resilient.
We have all heard about the pelvis, but do we know what the pelvic floor is and what it does? The muscles and connective tissues in our pelvis that connect the bones to the bottom of the pelvis are referred to as the pelvic floor. Everyone has pelvic organs such as the urethra, intestines, and rectum, while women’s pelvic floors include the uterus, cervix, and vagina.
These muscles control several daily activities, but the most common is urine control. Strengthening pelvic floor muscles helps with bladder and bowel control. The benefits of pelvic floor exercises include:
Often, pelvic floor issues are viewed as a female problem, but men are also affected. Both men and women can benefit from a good pelvic floor exercise program. Exercises to strengthen and stretch pelvic floor muscles can include:
Pelvic floor exercises can benefit not just women but men also. Incontinence doesn’t gender discrimination. To properly strengthen pelvic floor muscles using the right tools for the job can be more efficient. We offer numerous pelvic exercise aids on our website www.healthproductsforyou.com and some include:
1. Intimate Rose 4 Pack Dilators: These smooth, silicone Dilators can relieve pain in pelvic muscles. Available in three sizes (small, medium, & large), they should be used 1-2 times a day and allow adequate time between sessions to increase size.
2. kGoal Boost Kegel Exerciser for Men: This FSA-approved aid is designed to improve incontinence symptoms simply by sitting on the device without insertion. It offers workout guidance, exercise tracking, biofeedback, and games that help with pelvic floor exercises.
3. kGoal Kegel Exerciser with Biofeedback: This interactive training system includes the device and app and is designed for pelvic floor exercises for women. The kGoal app is compatible with both iOS and Android phones/tablets. It offers a unique combination of guidance, biofeedback, and customized workouts.
4. OPTP Pelvic Rocker Core Trainer: Ease of movement on all planes is what this pelvic core trainer is all about by activating deep core muscles, such as the transverse abdominis, for strengthening and integration into functional movement.
5. Pain Management Medical Softcycle Pelvic Floor Stimulator with Anal Probe: Used to train the muscles of the pelvic floor, this stimulator can help strengthen muscles under the uterus, bladder, and bowels. Perfect for women who have issues with urine leakage and bowel control. Includes device with a battery, leads, carry case, and anal probe.
6. OPTP PFProp Pelvic Floor Muscle Exerciser: Designed to awaken and activate pelvic floor muscles, both men and women can use this exerciser while restoring healthy posture and overcoming prolonged sitting. Perfect for improving core strength and flexibility!!
7. Yarlap Pelvic Floor Stim System: This system is FDA cleared and clinically proven to provide women of all ages and sizes a reliable, effective pelvic floor workout. A simple at-home, 20-minute session sends mild electrical signals to the pelvic floor muscles through one of six programs. Small, comfortable, and results can be seen in 2-12 weeks!!
Strengthening and exercising the muscles in our pelvic floor is no different than any other muscle group in the body. By exercising these muscles, we can manage urinary incontinence effectively. Before starting any exercise program, you should consult your physician or pelvic floor physical therapist to ensure your exercise regimen is right for you.
Regain your self-confidence, quality of life, and independence!
Disclaimer: All content found on our website, including images, videos, infographics and text were created solely for informational purposes. Our content should never be used for the purpose of diagnosis or treatment of any medical conditions. Content shared on our websites is not meant to be used as a substitute for advice from a certified medical professional. Reliance on the information provided on our website as a basis for patient treatment is solely at your own risk. We urge all our customers to always consult a physician or a certified medical professional before trying or using a new medical product.
Hi there, my name is Kevin Cleary. I was born in Westchester County in 1966 on December 3. I lived there until 1973 when my family moved. I graduated from high school in 1984 and then attended college in New ...
Resistance exercise bands come in a number of colors and it’s not just for decoration. Many people use these bands however, they do not have the knowledge of the colors and the purpose with which they are designed.
A syringe is a pump consisting of a snugly fit piston(or plunger) within a calibrated glass or plastic cylinder called a barrel.The syringe is equipped with a hypodermic needle, nozzle, or tubing that helps direct the flow of medication.
Breathing disorders, such as COPD or asthma, can be a major detriment when it comes to quality-of-life issues.Treating these breathing ailments with medications is the main course of treatment.Being able to deliver aerosol medication directly into the lungs in an expedited fashion is the best way to manage these lung disorders. The use of a nebulizer for aerosol medications allows for the efficient and easy delivery of these medications.
An enema is used for many reasons.Just as there are many reasons, there are different types of enemas, each of which contains different ingredients and works differently in the body. While some may choose an enema to soften stool or for routine colon cleansing, the reason for using an enema may have more of a medical necessity.
Cervical traction is a technique applied to the cervical region of the body to help alleviate neck pain, discomfort, and other physical conditions related to the cervical region.Cervical traction works by stressing the neck, pulling, and pushing, thus reducing the pressure on the spine, the neck, and the upper torso.Excessive stress on the neck, spine, and upper region, due to a wide range of conditions or injuries can cause severe pain and can lead to other complications.Cervical traction devices help alleviates these conditions thus offering overall body rehabilitation and treatment options.