Get 10% Off* + $15 Reward$ | Code: HPFYJN
We have all heard of apple cider vinegar, but did you know it has an impressive list of health benefits that can benefit just about everyone? The old saying is “an apple a day keeps the doctor away, " which can also be applied to apple cider vinegar. Its use dates back centuries to the ancient world and is still relevant in current home and health remedies. Let us give you the 411 on the natural benefits of apple cider vinegar.
The claims of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar are wide-ranging, but what exactly is apple cider vinegar? Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar that is made from ripe, freshly pressed apples. Once pressed, the apples are exposed to yeast, then bacteria are added to this solution in order to form acetic acid. Also contained in apple cider vinegar are proteins, enzymes, and good bacteria, which all lend themselves to the murky appearance and health benefits of apple cider vinegar. While it has a firm place in folk remedies, many of the health benefits have been supported by science. In fact, the use of vinegar for health and beauty purposes is thousands of years old, dating back to the ancient Greeks and the father of medicine, Hippocrates, who revolutionized medicine in ancient Greece.
The main ingredient in apple cider vinegar that gives it its wonderful health benefits is acetic acid. Also, there are approximately 3 cal per tablespoon and basically no carbohydrates. The USDA also lists potassium, magnesium, and calcium as ingredients in apple cider vinegar. All these ingredients combined lead to a plethora of health benefits that can include:
1. Weight Loss: By increasing the body’s metabolism rate, apple cider vinegar (ACV) works by burning unwanted calories and supports appetite control. Eat less, burn more!!
2. Prevent Acid Reflux: One study out of Arizona State University noted a 75% reduction of acid reflux episodes compared to an antacid when consumed by those with acid reflux.
3. Improved Blood Sugar: In a report published in the American Diabetes Association Journal, subjects who ingested 2 tablespoons of diluted apple cider vinegar saw a reduction in fasting blood sugar levels. Those with type II diabetes or insulin-resistant diabetes may also see an increase in insulin sensitivity.
4. Skincare: With its moderate alkaline levels, ACV can help balance your body’s pH levels. The pH level of apple cider vinegar is akin to the pH level of our skin's protective acid mantle.
5. Reduce Cholesterol: ACV contains acetic acid (and chlorogenic acid) that may help lower LDL (bad cholesterol) while increasing HDL or good cholesterol.
6. Improved Blood Pressure: A study that was published in the European Journal of Nutrition showed ACV lowered blood pressure in lab rats. High blood can cause heart disease and kidney problems in humans.
7. Lower Cancer Risk: Numerous studies have shown that ACV can kill cancer cells in test tubes and lab rats. Promising, but not totally proving, that consuming ACV can be a viable cancer treatment.
8. Reduce Bacteria: Traditionally used in cleaning and disinfecting, ACV can be effective in treating nail fungus, warts, and ear infections. In fact, the use of vinegar to treat wounds can be traced back over 2000 years ago to Hippocrates.
9. Diarrhea: Apple cider vinegar forms bulk fibrous matter which can help with diarrhea symptoms. This is due to the pectin content in ACV, which also can help protect the lining of the colon.
10. Pet Care: One home remedy is diluting ACV with water and bathing your dog. This may help repel ticks and insects while mitigating infections. Apple cider vinegar can also be used to clean your cat’s litter box.
There are a multitude of benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar that can aid in our everyday health care. As with any other diet supplement, you should always check with your physician to be sure that apple cider vinegar is right for you. Remember, an apple a day keeps the doctor away!!
Disclaimer: All content found on our website, including images, videos, infographics, and text, was created solely for informational purposes. Our content should never be used for the purpose of diagnosis or treatment of any medical conditions. Content shared on our websites is not meant to be used as a substitute for advice from a certified medical professional. Reliance on the information provided on our website as a basis for patient treatment is solely at your own risk. We urge all our customers to always consult a physician or a certified medical professional before trying or using a new medical product.
Kevin Cleary has been a Health Products For You contributor for many years and has a degree in marketing. His health and wellness journey has a very personal meaning and has guided him in his content writing for HPFY.
In 2006, ...
What Everyone Should Know About Resistance Band Colors
Resistance exercise bands come in a number of colors and it’s not just for decoration. Many people use these bands however, they do not have the knowledge of the colors and the purpose with which they are designed.
5 Facts about Syringes You Wish You Knew Before
A syringe is a pump consisting of a snugly fit piston(or plunger) within a calibrated glass or plastic cylinder called a barrel.The syringe is equipped with a hypodermic needle, nozzle, or tubing that helps direct the flow of medication.
TOP 5 BEST REVIEWED NEBULIZERS OF 2022
Breathing disorders, such as COPD or asthma, can be a major detriment when it comes to quality-of-life issues.Treating these breathing ailments with medications is the main course of treatment.Being able to deliver aerosol medication directly into the lungs in an expedited fashion is the best way to manage these lung disorders. The use of a nebulizer for aerosol medications allows for the efficient and easy delivery of these medications.
MINERAL OIL VS SALINE ENEMA: WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE?
An enema is used for many reasons.Just as there are many reasons, there are different types of enemas, each of which contains different ingredients and works differently in the body. While some may choose an enema to soften stool or for routine colon cleansing, the reason for using an enema may have more of a medical necessity.
FIVE BEST CERVICAL TRACTION DEVICES OF 2022
Cervical traction is a technique applied to the cervical region of the body to help alleviate neck pain, discomfort, and other physical conditions related to the cervical region.Cervical traction works by stressing the neck, pulling, and pushing, thus reducing the pressure on the spine, the neck, and the upper torso.Excessive stress on the neck, spine, and upper region, due to a wide range of conditions or injuries can cause severe pain and can lead to other complications.Cervical traction devices help alleviates these conditions thus offering overall body rehabilitation and treatment options.