Keeping ourselves active and sharp, especially as we age is vital. As your health and wellness partner, Health Products For would like to share with you everyday activities and exercises to help with mental and intellectual acuity.
Who hasn’t had a moment of memory lapse as we age? Often, we refer to these as “senior moments.” Wouldn’t it be great if there were ways that we could keep our mental sharpness as we got older? Your brain is like a lot of other parts of your body, it needs to be exercised to be at its optimal performance. We here at HPFY can show you ways to flex your brainpower!!
As we age, our brain does not re-generate brain cells at the same rate as when we were younger. Unfortunately, this can lead to reduced cognitive function, memory loss, and forgetting dates, times, or even struggling to complete certain mental/physical tasks that were once on autopilot. Low impact exercises that tie in the mind and body can include yoga or tai chi. Exercising your brain may help maintain healthy cognitive activity and memory retention.
Some great options include:
Other simple, everyday activities you can utilize to stimulate your brain can be as simple switching hands, eating with chopsticks, or simply trying new things in general. Routines are run by our subconscious and require little mental energy. So, by keeping your brain engaged, you may be able to fend off memory loss and cognitive decline, or at least slow it down.
Physical activity/exercise can also keep your brain engaged to ward off cognitive and memory decline.
Exercising your brain and staying mentally active is a great start, but are there any other exercises and supplements that may stack the deck in your favor? The answer is yes! Some supplements that we have available on our HPFY website that may benefit your brain power include:
1. Life Extension Keto Brain and Body Boost: This targeted supplement provides the ketones that your mind and brain needs. Ketones are organic compounds created by your body by breaking down fat.
2. Olympian Labs Omega-3 Fish Oils Dietary Supplement: Fish oil from cold, deep-water fish such as anchovies, mackerel, and sardines provides more Omega-3 fatty acids than other fish supplements available on the market This high-quality supplement benefits the mind and body.
Life Extension Keto Brain and Body Boost
Olympian Labs Omega-3 Fish Oils Dietary Supplement
3. AdultFocus Vitamin Supplement: This vitamin supplement provides an advanced formula to improve focus and concentration. It is formulated for symptoms such as inability to focus/concentrate, distractability, and disorganization.
4. Nature’s Way EfaGold Neuromins Dietary Supplement: This dietary supplement supports healthy eye and brain development. It contains levels of DHA which is found in both the eye and the brain.
AdultFocus Vitamin Supplement
Natures Way EfaGold Neuromins Dietary Supplement
5. Life Extension Cognitex Elite Tablets: Designed with brain health in mind, this supplement supports youthful memory & cognition while encouraging healthy neurotransmitter function.
6. Chinese Perceptual Puzzle: Puzzles and other games can stimulate our brain acumen while having fun at the same time. Games that use spatial recognition can be even better, and this puzzle fits the bill.
Staying sharp mentally as we age can be a challenge. The old saying is “use it or lose it” and this applies to our mental acuity as well. Always consult your physician or neurologist before starting any exercise or supplement program associated with brain health to ensure another problem isn’t a foot.
Disclaimer: All content found on our website, including images, videos, infographics and text were created solely for informational purposes. Our content should never be used for the purpose of diagnosis or treatment of any medical conditions. Content shared on our websites is not meant to be used as a substitute for advice from a certified medical professional. Reliance on the information provided on our website as a basis for patient treatment is solely at your own risk. We urge all our customers to always consult a physician or a certified medical professional before trying or using a new medical product.
Kevin Cleary has been a Health Products For You contributor for many years and has a degree in marketing. His health and wellness journey has a very personal meaning and has guided him in his content writing for HPFY.
In 2006, ...
When traditional oral intake is not feasible, enteral feeding comes into play. It supports nutritional needs of individuals recovering from an injury or surgery. Dive into this informative article and learn what, when, why, and how of enteral feeding and ensure optimal patient care.
Looking for a non-invasive option to manage carpal tunnel symptoms? Experience relief from constant tingling and pain with this Carpal Solution Wrist Support. Read this article to know about the unique features and benefits of this wrist support brace designed to deal with CTS and find why it is one of the most reliable wrist braces available on the market.
Need an effective and affordable nebulizer? Look no further, in this article we offer 5 of our best reviewed nebulizers that are loved by our customers. Click to read more and find the perfect nebulizer for all your respiratory needs.
Worried about nighttime leaks? Say goodbye to leakage with our ten best overnight adult diapers and wake up refreshed and dry.
Neck pain can wreak havoc on your otherwise healthy life. Traction device improves your cervical health and overall well-being. Read more to find our best cervical traction devices designed to curb the stiffness and discomfort of cervical muscles.