ConvaTec SUR-FIT Natura Drainable Pouch Features
Natura 2-Piece Pouching System User Manual
- ConvaTec SUR-FIT Natura Two-Piece Drainable Pouch With InvisiClose Tail Closure System comes with:
- 1-sided soft, fabric like comfort panel
- InvisiClose tail closure system
- Coupling ring provides audible click conforming secure connection to skin barrier
- Comfort panels are designed to be quiet and odor-proof helping maintain discretion
- With streamlined body contour panels, low-profile design and less headroom, it distribute pouch content more evenly and away from the stoma
- Easy to open outlet end strips and tail design help control flow and reduce splashing
- Locking mechanism is enhanced by an additional security flap for added peace of mind
- Latex free, comes without filter
- Pouch size: 12"
What to buy with SUR-FIT Natura Drainable Pouch?
How to Use Sur-Fit Natura System?
Begin by cleansing the peristomal skin with mild soap and water (soaps should be free of oils and creams). Pat dry thoroughly. The skin should be free of any solvent or greasy substances.
Skin Barrier/Wafer Preparation
- Measure the stoma size with the measuring guide provided. Select a skin barrier/wafer with a flange (white ring) that is at least 1/2" (13mm) larger than the widest diameter of the stoma. If this size is not available, go to the next larger flange size.
- Trace the exact stoma size onto the center white release paper in the back of the skin barrier/wafer. The small starter hole should be in the center of your tracing.
- Cut along the tracing with curved, short-blade scissors. For skin barriers/wafers with pre-cut stoma opening: Select a skin barrier/wafer with a pre-cut stoma opening the same size as the largest diameter of the stoma. Do not enlarge the pre-cut stoma opening. Remove white release paper from the skin barrier/wafer. Leave the outer release paper on the tape collar in place.
- Stomahesive Paste can be applied to the back of the skin barrier/wafer to further fill gaps between the skin barrier/wafer and the stoma. Allow the paste to set for one minute prior to application to the skin. (Do not spread the paste.)
Application of Skin Barrier/Wafer
- Center the skin barrier over the stoma. Press the skin barrier against the skin. If using a tape bordered skin barrier, remove the remaining backing paper one side at a time.
- During application, maintain gentle pressure on the skin barrier for 30 seconds to improve adhesion.
Attachment of Pouch
- Before attaching the pouch, allow a small amount of air to enter the pouch by gently separating it.
- If you are using a SUR-FIT Natura drainable pouch with a clip, for attachment of the tail clip, fold the bottom of the pouch over the tail clip only once. Press firmly on the center of the clip until it snaps securely closed.
- If you are using a SUR-FIT Natura urostomy drainable pouch with a tap, make sure the tap on the pouch is closed before attaching pouch to wafer.
- Align the flange on the pouch with the flange on the skin barrier. Press them together beginning at the bottom and circling around the top side of the flange. You will hear several clicks as the system locks into place.
Removal of Pouch
- To easily remove the pouch from the skin barrier, gently pull downward on the plastic pouch tab and lift the pouch off. Anchor the wafer by holding it down with your other hand.
- SUR-FIT Natura closed-end pouches: Remove and discard as needed. (Do not flush.)
- Filter covers are waterproof and should be used when bathing or swimming to prevent the filter from becoming wet. Remove filter cover after patting pouch dry.
Removal of Skin Barrier/Wafer
Gently pull the skin barrier down, away from the skin, while supporting the adjacent skin with your other hand. To assist with the barrier removal, an AllKare Adhesive Remover wipe may be used to remove any adhesive buildup.
How to Use InvisiClose Tail Closure System?
Directions to Close the Pouch
- The InvisiClose Tail Closure System is comprised of a security flap (A),inter-locking closures (B), and outlet end-strips (C).
- Hold the security flap against the front of the pouch revealing the inter-locking closures.
- Fold the tail end up towards you four times and ensure the inter-locking closures overlap.
- Press the inter-locking closures together until you feel them lock (click) into place along their entire length.
- Wrap the security flap around to the back of the pouch (body side) and press the inter-locking closures together until you feel them lock (click) into place.
Directions for Draining the Pouch
- Turn the back of the pouch (body side) towards you. Carefully lift the security flap up towards you to unlock.
- While holding the security flap up against the front of the pouch, unlock the inter-locking closure by lifting at the corner and unraveling the folds four times.
- To facilitate draining and/or cleaning, you may open the tail end by pushing in both ends of the outlet end-strips with your thumb and forefinger. If desired, pouch tail may be cleaned with gentle soap and water. Pat dry.
SUR-FIT Natura Two-Piece Drainable Pouch Reviews