Why choose Saunders Cervical Traction Device?
Home Traction Unit complete with Accessories
- Head strap and Pads
- Cervical Hand Pump
- Angle Adjuster
- Carrying Case
- Instructional DVD
- User's Guide
Safe Neck Traction at Home
- A proven alternative to surgery for some patients
- Traction forces are directed to the back of the head to prevent compression of the TMJ
- Easy to read pressure gauge provides total control of the force at all times
- Blow-off valve limits the amount of force that can be applied
Effective Treatment with Cervical Traction Device
- A cost-effective option to continuous clinical care
- Innovative design replicates clinical traction and promotes consistency of treatment
- Positioning alternatives allow varying treatment options for the clinician
- Patented pneumatic system ensures reliable force accuracy and leak-free performance
Easy to use Saunders' Traction
- A portable treatment solution that increases patient compliance and satisfaction
- Patented self-adjusting neck wedges ensure a perfect fit on the Saunders Cervical Home Traction
- Patented pump design incorporates a simple "click in place" mechanism
- Quick and simple patient set-up enables home traction without assistance
When to buy Saunders Lumbar Traction Unit?
Depending upon the advice of your health care provider, cervical traction can be used to treat these conditions:
- Muscle tightness
- Joint stiffness
- Herniated discs
- Nerve root compression
When not to use Cervical Traction Device?
Traction should not be used to treat these conditions:
- Acute or traumatic injury
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Spinal instability
- Spinal cord compression
- Infections and inflammatory diseases
- Any other conditions that may be made worse by movement
What to buy with Saunders Neck Traction Device?
How to use Saunders Cervical Traction Unit?
Preparing for Cervical Traction Treatment
- Place the Saunders Cervical Traction device on a carpeted floor or other firm surface. Check to make sure that the air hose is not being pinched by the bottom of the unit. Make sure you have enough room to lie down in a comfortable position.
- Separate the neck wedges by rotating either of the black adjustment knobs so that your neck fits easily between the wedges. You can make additional adjustments after you lie down in the Saunders Cervical Traction device.
Note: Do not over-rotate the adjustment knobs. This will result in stripping the internal gear.
- Loosen the adjustable head strap.
- Ensure the device is in the starting position - neck carriage should be touching the base. If not, rotate the gauge housing to the “Release” position.
- Set the traction angle prescribed by your health care provider by squeezing and sliding the tabs on both sides of the Angle Adjuster until it locks into place. Angle Adjuster Positions: Top = 15 degrees, Middle = 20 degrees, Bottom = 25 degrees.
Note: If your health care provider did not specify the angle of pull, leave the Angle Adjuster in the top position.
- Place the pump in a position so that you can reach it during treatment.
- Set a timer for the length of treatment (not included with your Saunders Cervical Traction device). You are now ready to use the Saunders Cervical Traction device.
Applying Traction with Saunders Cervical Home Traction Device
- Lie on your back, positioning your body so the neck wedges cradle the middle or narrowest part of your neck and your head rests comfortably on the head pad. The neck wedges should contact your neck midway between the tips of your earlobes and the top of your shoulders.
- Turn either of the adjustment knobs until the wedges have moved firmly against both sides of the neck.
- As you settle into the Saunders Cervical Traction device, the neck wedges may slightly rotate and self-adjust to the contour of your head and neck, or you can rotate the wedges manually as needed for the most comfortable fit.
- Secure the head strap over your forehead, just above the browline. This strap should fit snugly.
- Apply traction using the pump.
How to clean Saunders Neck Traction Unit?
- All surfaces of your Saunders Cervical Traction device may be cleaned with a mild detergent or disinfectant.
- Do not immerse unit in water.
- If unit is transferred between different users, all surfaces should be cleaned using standard cleaning techniques paying particular attention to the components that come in contact with the body. It is recommended to use a new head strap.
Saunders Cervical Traction User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions About Saunders Traction Device 
1. How often per day can you use the device; and for how long each time?
The user is advised to consult with a physical therapist to determine this. It's safer to get medical advice on specific individual circumstances.
2. How much does it weigh?
It approximately weighs 9 pounds. Moreover, the Cervical Traction comes in its own case with a strap and is easy to carry.
3. How long should you wear a neck traction device?
On average one should use the traction for about 15 to 20 minutes each session. If the pain increases while using the cervical traction device, you must stop using it and consult your physical therapist or doctor.
4. Is there a need to clean this cervical traction device?
Saunders Cervical Traction Device should be cleaned as needed with a mild detergent or disinfectant. Do not immerse in water.
5. Can cervical traction improve neck pain?
Cervical traction stretches out the vertebrae and muscles and has been proven to relieve pressure and pain. In fact, most have reported that their pain was significantly reduced immediately after the treatment.
Saunders Traction Unit Warranty
Saunders Cervical Traction Device is warrantied to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for one year.
Saunders Cervical Traction Device Reviews