Aerobika Device Features
- Provides a drug-free and natural airway clearance therapy to assist mucociliary clearance and impede COPD progression
- Pulses of resistance from Aerobika OPEP device open the airways while thinning and loosening the mucus
- Frequency range of the oscillations corresponds to the natural process of the cilia, helping move mucus to the larger airways of the lungs where it can then be coughed out
- Aerobika Inhaler supports hospital COPD management protocols to avoid costly readmissions and increased length of stay from acute exacerbations of COPD
- Adjustable resistance allows Monaghan Aerobika OPEP to accommodate the lung capacity of most patients
- Resistance is not position dependent, so the device can be held in the most comfortable position, leading to improved compliance
- Easy to use, dishwasher safe Aerobika OPEP Inhaler promotes transition from hospital to independent at home use
- Aerobika OPEP has won gold at the global Medical Design Excellence Awards (MDEA), one of the highest honors in the medical technology and is recognized as a product capable of saving lives and improving quality of life of patients
- Use of Aerobika OPEP improves the ability of a patient to bring up mucus, decreases breathlessness and cough frequency, and increases exercise tolerance, resulting in an enhanced quality of life
- Improves ease of bringing up the sputum and improves lung function
- Easy to learn and understand for independent use
- Lightweight and ergonomic design fits comfortably in the hand
- Reduces dyspnea and hyperinflation
- Decreases cough frequency and breathlessness
- Aerobika device is helpful for people who have chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis, COPD and cystic fibrosis and often produce an excessive amount of mucus
- Note: Monaghan Aerobika Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure Therapy System does not include compressor
Why choose Monaghan Aerobika Device?
- Aids in lung hygiene and helps prevent infection
- 5 resistance settings adjust to each patients capacity
- Little interruption to daily living
- Inexpensive, quiet and portable
- Shorter treatment times than traditional chest physiotherapy
- Flow range is = 10 L/min to 30 L/min
- Low resistance valve allows inhalation and exhalation without removing it from mouth
- Standard 22 mm fitting accommodates small volume nebulizers, including the AeroEclipse Breath Actuated Nebulizer (BAN)
- Convenient, user-friendly device for reliable airway clearance
- Increases exercise tolerance
- Compatible with nebulizer therapy
- Designed to promote correct reassembly
- Aligns with hospital cost reduction and COPD management programs
- Not made or manufactured with natural rubber latex, phthalates, lead or PVC
- Award-winning innovation
- Backed by clinical evidence
- Aerobika device is designed and manufactured in North America
Parts Description of Aerobika Breathing Device
What to buy with Aerobika Inhaler
How Aerobika OPEP System Works?
When you exhale through the device, you will feel very quick pulses of resistance against your exhaled breath. These pulses of resistance hold your airways open and help shake the excess mucus loose, pushing it out of the smaller airways; it can then be coughed out. The degree of resistance can be changed depending on your comfort level. There is a valve inside the Aerobika OPEP device that switches quickly between higher and lower resistance creating positive pressure inside your airways. If you have nebulizer treatments, your health care professional may even opt to combine them with your OPEP therapy to reduce therapy time and improve patient compliance.
What Is An Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure Therapy System (OPEP)?
An Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure Therapy System, or OPEP device, is designed to aid in the loosening and removal of mucus buildup in the lungs. You may need OPEP treatments if you have a lung disease such as cystic fibrosis or COPD where your lungs need help keeping up with the amount of mucus produced each day. OPEP therapy is done by inhaling and exhaling through the device several times, then Huff Coughing to remove the loosened mucus.
How OPEP helps in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)?
- Reduced dyspnea
- Increased gas distribution to previously unventilated areas
- Reduced hyperinflation (gas trapping)
What Is Huff Cough?
Huff Cough will help move mucus up and out of your lungs. Just like when you use your breath to create fog on a mirror, you would take a short, shallow breath and exhale forcefully with your mouth in an O shape.
How to use Aerobika?
1. Examine Aerobika device.
2. Choose any orientation.
3. Insert mouthpiece.
4. Inhale deeply and hold breath for 2 to 3 seconds.
5. Exhale for 3 to 4 times longer than the inspiratory breath.
6. Continue for 10 to 20 breaths or as instructed by your health care provider. Perform 2 to 3 Huff coughs to clear airway.
7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 for 10 to 20 minutes or as prescribed.
How to clean Aerobika OPEP?
1. Press tabs to release.
2. Remove valve cartridge and mouthpiece.
3. Soak 15 minutes in soapy water, agitate gently and rinse.
4. Shake out water and dry vertically or place in dishwasher in basket on top rack after performing cleaning instructions 1 and 2.
5. Reassemble device.
What is a Aerobika used for?
People who have:
- Chronic bronchitis
- COPD and cystic fibrosis often produce an excessive amount of mucus.
Aerobika Contraindications: Use of the Aerobika OPEP is not recommended for the following conditions:
- Patients unable to tolerate the increased work of breathing (acute exacerbations of asthma or COPD, neuromuscular weakness)
- Intracranial pressure (ICP) > 20 mm Hg
- Hemodynamic instability (blood pressure instability)
- Recent facial, oral, or skull surgery or trauma
- Acute sinusitis
- Epistaxis (bleeding nose)
- Esophageal surgery
- Active hemoptysis (bleeding from lungs)
- Untreated pneumothorax (untreated collapsed lung)
- Known or suspected tympanic membrane rupture or other middle ear pathology
Monaghan Aerobika FAQs
Q. How often should I use my Aerobika Device?
Each treatment of 10-20 minutes should be done at least twice a day. The goal is to create little or no mucus every day, which ensures that your lungs are clean. You need to use your Aerobika Oscillating PEP more often if you are causing a lot of mucus.
Q. Do you need a prescription for Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure Therapy System?
No prescription is required. But consult a professional if any problem persist.
Q. How do you do a Huff Cough?
- Sit up straight, with your chin slightly turned up and your mouth open.
- Take a long, deep breath to fill three quarters of your lungs.
- For two or three seconds, hold your breath.
- In a continuous exhalation, exhale vigorously but slowly to transfer mucus from the smaller to the larger airways.
- Repeat this maneuver two more times and then proceed to clear mucus from the wider airways with one strong cough.
- Do a cycle of four to five huff coughs as part of your airway clearance.
Aerobika 62510 OPEP Reviews