Why choose AeroChamber Plus Z STAT?
- Reduces drug deposition to the mouth and throat
- Eliminates unpleasant taste of medication or hoarseness
- Assures consistent dose of medication
- Suitable for adults and young adults
- Reusable and can be used for 12 months
- Single patient use
Monaghan AeroChamber Plus Z STAT aVHC Features
- Original valved holding chamber has evolved into the AeroChamber Plus Z STAT aVHC to optimally interface with improved MDI aerosol formulations and activities
- Offers a more effective way of getting the inhaled mist into the system
- Provides consistent and high performance aerosol drug delivery
- Combines patient-centric design that assures consistent dose of medication substantially equivalent to the MDI dose
- Designed to respond to shallow and low volume breathing patterns
- Very useful for people with asthma as it ensures that one get more of the inhaled asthma medicine to lungs for relief during an asthma attack
- Not made with BPA, Natural Rubber Latex, Phthalates, Lead or PVC
- Anti-static, can be used directly out of package
- Easy to clean - dishwasher safe
- Present in different aerochamber sizes
Note: Pictures shown are for illustration purpose only.
Design Features of Monaghan Inhaler Spacer:
- Clear chamber for easy visualization of proper activation of the MDI
- Aerodynamic chamber design with innovative valve system separates and filters out coarse aerosol particles
- Proprietary valve baffle design increases aerosol suspension time to assist dose assurance of MDI medication
- One-way valve prevents patients from exhaling into the chamber so that the remaining medication is available for the next breath
- Delivers 22% more medication than the original AeroChamber
- Universal MDI adapter is compatible with all commonly prescribed MDIs
- Durable holding chamber is made of a unique, flexible and shatterproof plastic
- Optional ComfortSeal Mask, made of medical grade silicone, has a snug fit with secure seal, limiting entrainment of ambient air and maximizing drug delivery even at low inspiratory flows
- Optional FlowSignal whistle alerts the patient to excessive flow rates
What to buy with AeroChamber Plus Z STAT Spacer?
Who can use AeroChamber Plus Z Stat
Individuals with respiratory conditions such as the following may find this product useful:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Seasonal Allergies
How does Aerochamber Plus work?
AeroChamber is a spacer device that makes it easier to get more medication from an inhaler into the lungs. It can be used all the time, or if asthma is playing up a bit. AeroChamber inhaler maximizes delivery of medication to the lungs by separating the small medication particles from large. As the patient inhales, the smaller particles float out of the one-way valve of the chamber into the respiratory tract where they easily reach areas of the lungs that need it most. The Monaghan inhaler spacer holds any remaining small particles not inhaled the first time, which allows the patient to take more than one breath per puff of medicine administered. This is especially helpful to those who cannot achieve a high peak expiratory flow (PEF), and assures the maximum amount of prescribed medicine gets into the lungs for optimum benefit.
- EZ Flow Exhalation Valve: Minimizes re-breathing and directs exhaled flow away from the face of the patient.
- Anti-Static Chamber: Anti-static polymer chamber minimizes static charge which maximizes performance with pMDI formulations.
- Low Resistance Inhalation Valve: Lower resistance valve requires less effort to open by low flow patients.
- Universal Backpiece: Fits all commonly prescribed Metered Dose Inhalers.
- FlowSignal Whistle: Optional FlowSignal whistle alerts patients to breathe slowly.
How to use Aerochamber Plus Z Stat aVHC?
- Carefully examine Aerochamber Plus Z STAT Anti-Static Valved Holding Chamber for damage, missing parts or foreign objects.
- Shake the MDI immediately before each use.
- Insert the MDI into the backpiece of the chamber.
- Apply mask to face or put mouthpiece into the mouth and ensure there is an effective mask/face seal.
- While maintaining an effective mask/face seal, the patient should exhale through the mask.
- Depress inhaler (MDI) at the beginning of slow deep inhalation.
- Maintain the effective mask/face seal and ensure an additional 5-6 breaths are taken through the chamber before administering another puff of medication.
- If you are using the model with Flow signal whistle and you hear a whistle sound then slow down inhalation.
- Wait 30 seconds before repeating steps 4 to 8 as prescribed.
How to clean the Aerochamber Inhaler?
- Hold the rubber end and twist the chamber to remove the back piece.
- Soak both parts for 15 minutes in luke warm water with liquid detergent. Agitate gently.
- Rinse parts in clean water. Shake out excess water.
- You may also clean the chamber on the top rack of your dishwasher. Secure it so that it is in a vertical position. It is not recommended that you boil the chamber.
- If concerned about potential for contact dermatitis, rinse facemask or mouthpiece in water.
- Do not rub dry. Let air dry in vertical position.
- Replace back piece when unit is completely dry and ready for use
- Read all instructions before use.
- Aerochamber inhaler should be replaced if valves are damaged or missing.
- Do not leave the product unattended with children.
- If unsure on how to use this product, talk to your physician, pharmacist or health care provider. This is a medical device, not a toy.
- Do not disassemble the product beyond what is recommended for cleaning, or damage may result.
AeroChamber Plus Z STAT Instruction Manual
Why shop at HealthProductsForYou?
"I purchased two AeroChambers from HealthProductsForYou.com and I'm very happy with the quality, cost, and rapid delivery. I had ordered from another company but they were taking so long and it was more expensive so I cancelled them and ordered it from you guys. Thanks very much! I definitely recommend you!"
~ Kristina Wolski | Oct 25, 2017
Monaghan AeroChamber Plus Z STAT Inhaler Spacer FAQ’s
What is the purpose of using a spacer with an inhaler?
Inhalers spray the medicine into your lungs, allowing you to breathe it deeply. A holding chamber, is an attachment that should always be used with your inhaler. The spacer keeps the medicine in place, making it easier to inhale.
Can I use brown inhaler without spacer?
If you don't use a spacer with your inhaler, the majority of the medication will end up in your mouth or stomach, rather than in your lungs, where it works best.
What is the difference between a spacer and a holding chamber?
When you take a breath in your medicine, the smaller droplets can move easier and deeper into your lungs. A spacer with a one-way valve at the mouthpiece is known as a valved holding chamber. More than just "space" between your mouth and the medicine is provided by this device.
Can I drink water after using an inhaler?
If you are using a corticosteroid inhaler, gargle and rinse your mouth with water. The water should not be swallowed. Swallowing the water increases the likelihood of the medicine entering your bloodstream. It's possible that you'll experience more side effects as a result of this.
How often should an AeroChamber be washed?
The flow indicator valve of the Aerochamber needs to be cleaned at least once a week. The mouthpiece needs to be cleaned once a week.
How often should an AeroChamber be replaced?
It should be replaced after 12 months of use.
Is a prescription needed for an Aerochamber?
Yes, it is available by prescription only.