Aeroeclipse II Nebulizer Features
- Delivers a high respirable dose and an optimal particle size to reach the therapeutically important lung areas
- Proprietary one-way valve provides protection to family members and clinicians against dangerous secondhand aerosols, which may carry harmful viruses
- Breath Actuated Technology maintains available drugs during the exhalation phase and breaks in treatment to protect against costly repeat therapies and drug loss to the environment
- Green Biofeedback Button provides visual confirmation of actuation and inhalation, thereby encouraging proper breathing technique
- Built-in mode selector allows for convenient and easy operation either in breath-actuated or continuous mode
- Monaghan AeroEclipse accommodates a wide range of patient breathing patterns, including changing Inhalation: Exhalation ratios to avoid potential under-dosing as compared to continuously operating nebulizers
- AeroControl System Regulator activates at 15 lpm of inspiratory pressure to meet a wide range of patient population needs
- Nebulizer Mouthpiece can be removed and replaced with three sizes of disposable or reusable ComfortSeal Masks
- An optional elbow adapter can be used to accommodate any standard mask
- Ideal for short-term acute applications
- Single-patient use and disposable
- The Biofeedback button provides visual confirmation of actuation and inhalation, encouraging proper breathing techniques.
- Fill lines provide accurate drug measurements from 0.5ml to 6m1.
- User-friendly EZ Twist Tubing for easy assembly and removal.
- Built-in mode selector allows easy operation in either breath-actuated or continuous made.
- The mouthpiece can be removed and replaced with three sizes of our disposable or reusable ComfortSeal Masks.
Monaghan Aeroeclipse II Breath Actuated Nebulizer Benefits
- Breath Actuated Technology
- Consistent respirable dose
- Protection from secondhand aerosols
- Virtually no drug was lost to the environment
- Efficient treatment times
- Minimal medication waste
- Reduced ER length of stay and admission rates
- One-way exhalation valve virtually eliminates the mixing of inspiration and expiration
- Air entrainment through the back of the nebulizer conditions the aerosol and improves delivery to fine particle mass
- Clarified polypropylene allows easy visualization of molded-in fill lines
- Ergonomic size and sharp fit comfortable in the hand
- Not made or manufactured with BPA, natural rubber latex, DEHP, or lead
How is it helpful to clinicians?
- Less exposure to secondhand aerosols
- Shorter treatment time
- Improve utilization of clinician time and resources
- New drugs that require fewer dosages and shorter treatment time means fewer disruptions to the patient
- Superior drug delivery means patients feel better fast
How is it helpful to patients?
- The medication gets quickly into the lungs to help patients feel better faster
- The BAN has been shown to help avoid intubations in the ED2
- Shorter treatment times than standard small-volume nebulizers
- New drugs require fewer dosages
Contraindication: This device has not been tested for use with Pentamidine.
How does it work?
Monaghan AEROECLIPSE II BAN is designed to generate a high-quality aerosol, specifically during patient inhalation. This unique feature reduces medication waste and limits the amount of aerosol that disperses into the surrounding environment by up to 10 times compared to continuously running nebulizers. Minimizing environmental loss can decrease the risk of front-line healthcare professionals acquiring nosocomial influenza, leading to potential cost savings associated with staff acquiring such infections.
The AeroEclipse II Nebulizer can be used to treat a variety of respiratory conditions, including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Allergic rhinitis
Frequently Bought Together
How to use AeroEclipse II Nebulizer?
- Carefully place the prescribed medication into the cup and replace the nebulizer top.
- Place the mouthpiece in your mouth, then breathe in slowly and deeply and exhale normally through the device until the device makes a ‘sputter’ noise.
- Wash your nebulizer according to the package instructions.
AeroEclipse II Breath Actuated Nebulizer User Manual
How to Clean?
- The mode switch should be rotated to the breath-actuated position (the green button is up, and the mode switch has rotated counterclockwise).
- Remove the supply tubing from the bottom of the nebulizer and unscrew and remove the nebulizer top.
- The nebulizer may be processed using the following methods between treatments with the same patient.
- Sterile Water: Thoroughly rinse the disassembled parts in sterile water and shake them to remove excess water.
- Isopropyl Alcohol: Wipe the outside surfaces with a tissue dipped in 70% Isopropyl Alcohol then submerge all parts in a soak of 70% isopropyl alcohol for 1 minute before shaking to remove any excess alcohol.
- Air Dry: Disassemble the device and shake out any excess drugs.
- Hand Washing: Wash nebulizer parts in a warm water/liquid dish detergent solution and rinse in clean, warm water. For all methods, reconnect the bottom of the nebulizer to the compressed air supply to clear the orifice. Always allow the parts to air dry thoroughly before reassembling.
- Always follow accepted procedures for cleaning between uses with the same patient.
- Single Patient Use: The device should be replaced after approximately 7 days or immediately if components are cracked, or the nebulizer does not function properly. This device is not intended to be reprocessed and should not be autoclaved or boiled.
- Close supervision is necessary when this product is used by or near infants, children, or anyone requiring assistance to use the device.
- It contains parts that may present a choking or strangulation hazard.
- The AeroEclipse II BAN Nebulizer can deliver aerosolized medication in either a breath-actuated or continuous mode. In breath-actuated mode, medication is delivered on inspiration only and may increase the dosage to the lungs. Clinicians should take this information into consideration with regard to dosage
- Failure to properly follow the above cleaning instructions may have an adverse effect on device performance
- This product has not been made or manufactured with BPA (Bisphenol A) or Natural Rubber Latex