PVI Multifold Wheelchair Ramps Features
- This Portable Ramp separates into two pieces for easy carrying
- Rotation of the pin either unlocks or locks the ramp sides together without extra tools
- PVI ramp folds like a suitcase
- Patented hinge eliminates pinch point
- The closure strap locks ramp panels together
- Lightweight, easy-to-handle multifold portable ramp
- Durable welded construction
- The safety guide indicates if the ramp is on a safe slope
- The full platform provides excellent stability and accommodates wheelchairs and scooters with various wheel configurations
- Anti-slip, high traction surface
- Safety DVD and steel security pins included
- Fits in the trunk of most cars for easy transportation
- Maximum Ramp Capacity:
- Single axle: 400 lbs
- Two axles: 800 lbs
- This Ramp Has Been Tested at a 3X Safety Factor
- ADA-Compliant Ramp
PVI Multifold Portable Ramp Instructions
What to buy with a Wheelchair Ramp
How to Install this Portable Ramp?
1. Ramp comes preassembled. Position the ramp approximately the ramp’s length out from the step or platform. Stand ramp up on end with the open ends down and the handle side toward you. Reach down and lift the first half of the ramp toward the step or landing area and set it down on top of the support. Make sure the hook is pressed firmly against the step.
2. Open the top half of the left side ramp panel (A).
3. Unfold the left side ramp panel (A) toward you and once again make sure ramp hooks are pressed firmly against the landing area.
4. Locate both holes at end of the ramp. Mark the pin locations using a pen/pencil.
5. Remove the ramp and then, using a drill and 5/16 bit, drill a hole approximately 2 inches deep.
6. Now place the ramp back in the desired location and drop clevis pins (AA) into the holes to secure the ramp in that location.
Care and Maintenance
These ramps are maintenance-free, but to keep the product in excellent condition follow these tips:
- Store in a cool dry place when not in use.
- Keep the ramp clean and free of debris.
- Do not leave the ramp out during harsh weather conditions.
- If ice or snow accumulates on the ramp, do NOT use metal objects to remove it. Instead, use a plastic shovel or non-corrosive ice melt (labeled as “pet friendly” or “pet safe” ice melt)
- Ramps are designed for wheelchairs and electric scooters.
- Ramps are rated for a 600-pound capacity; the rating is based on the double axle, evenly distributed loads.
- Although the ramp is equipped with anti-slip traction tape, caution is required as some factors can reduce slip-resistant capabilities. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the degree of wear on the shoe and flooring material; the presence of foreign material such as water, oil, and dirt; length of a human stride. Caution should also be taken regarding the type of floor finish and possible human error due to physical and mental conditions. Anti-slip properties apply to laboratory conditions and require users to use caution under field conditions as outlined here.
- For your safety, a caregiver or aid should always be present when using any ramp.
- Proper setup is essential for safe loading and unloading.
- Make sure the hook (top end) is pressed firmly against the step or platform before using.
- When possible, use the clevis pins provided to lock the ramp in place.
- Safe lifting practices should be used when lifting products.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act recommends a 1:12 slope; for a 6-foot ramp, the maximum height of the step/platform is not to exceed 6 inches.
- Failure to follow all warnings/instructions may result in the ramp slipping off the step while occupied.
PVI Multifold Portable Ramp Size Chart
||32-1/4" x 16" x 9"
||38-1/4" x 16" x 9"
||44-1/4" x 16" x 9"
||50-3/4" x 16" x 9-1/2"
Prairie View Industries Multi Fold Ramp Warranty
Limited lifetime warranty
PVI Portable Ramp Reviews