What does Proactive Upright Walker Include?
Standard Accessories that are included with Protekt Pilot Upright Walker:
- Personal Item Bag - Accessible polyester bag with fold-over top carries and conveniently stores personal items. It can be attached to either one of the handgrip tubes.
- Beverage Holder - Must-have drink holder attaches to handgrip arm for easy access to the water bottle.
- Safety LED light - Is a durable light which serves as a headlight.
- Cane holder - It keeps your cane within reach, and keeps the user's hands free.
Protekt Pilot Upright Rollator Walker Parts
- Armrest pad
- Height adjustment tube
- Height adjustment lock
- Stand assist handles
- Rear wheel
- Brake adjustment knob
- Front wheel
- Seat rail
- Personal item bag
- Beverage holder
- Safety LED light
- Cane holder
Proactive Protekt Pilot Upright Walker User Manual
Features of Protekt Pilot Upright Walker
- Comfortable Seat: Comfortable deluxe fabric seat slides front to back for either walking or sitting and is easy to clean
- Adjustable Height Armrests: Deluxe padded armrests enable users of a wide range of heights to stand erect. This feature allows users to look ahead, so they feel safe, secure, and confident while walking.
- Lockable Handbrakes: Ergonomic dual handbrakes provide better control for braking, sitting, and parking.
- Backrest Support: Detachable wide backrest provides comfortable and secure back support
- Stability and Security: 8" front wheels swivel 360° for easy and safe maneuvering, strong enough for indoor, outdoor, and uneven surfaces
- Stand Assist Handles: Comfortable padded handles allow the transition between sitting and standing much easier and safer
- Compact Design: Easy assembly, compact size for easy transport and convenient storage
What to buy with Proactive Protekt Upright Walker
How Protekt Upright Walker is best suited for seniors?
Upright walker is designed for less pain and more stability. According to clinical research, the patented technology of this upright walkers for seniors reduces pain in the leg joints, wrists, and back.
||Protekt Upright Walker
|Slouching or hunching over
||Allows users to stand up straight with improved posture
|Unbalanced/anxiety of falling
||Users feel safer and more secure with added stability
|Uncomfortable and causes pain
||More comfortable positioning mitigates pain in the back, hands, and wrists
|Reduction of independence and freedom
||Allows users to be more mobile, active, and walk longer distances with less stress
How to use Pilot Upright Walker?
- Install the Upright Walker Wheels: Take the walker out of the box, straighten the front and rear wheels, install the screws, and tighten. Double check they are firmly installed.
- Flatten the Seat: Push the seat open, then go to step 3. Double check it is firmly installed.
- Install the Adjustable Handles:
- Install the adjustable handlebars.
- Adjust the height according to your desired height. Handlebars should be set at wrist level to keep your back straight.
- Install the Hand Brake:
- Insert the handbrake into the handlebar, twist on the screw.
- Remember to hold the brake tightly when you are walking. Double check it is firmly installed.
- Install the Upright Walker Bag:
- Place the walker bag on the front tiller on each side.
- Storage bag can keep essential items within an easy reach.
- Install the Balance Bar:
- Buckle the balance bar on both sides.
- Check that everything is stable before using.
How to care for Protekt Pilot Walker?
- The frame can be wiped with a damp cloth or washed with a neutral cleaning agent.
- The wheels can be cleaned with a damp brush with plastic bristles (DO NOT use wire brushes).
- The seat back, seat, and transporting pouch can be washed with a mild soap.
- Do not use a high pressure or steam cleaner.
- Dry the walker with a towel. If possible, use some machine oil on brake parts to avoid rusting such as the brake cables, screws, etc.
Proactive Upright Walker FAQ
Will the Upright Walker relieve my pain?
The Upright Walker has been shown in a research study to unload body weight from the lower limbs and reduce back and lower limb pain. The upright armrests also reduce pain in the wrists and hands that can occur with traditional walkers and rollators, especially if you have arthritis.
Is the Protekt Pilot Upright Walker suitable for rehabilitation after surgery or injury?
Yes, physical therapists often encourage the use of the Protekt Pilot Upright Walker walking aid when assisted mobility is needed.
Can I transport the Upright Walker in my car?
Yes, the Upright Walker folds easily for storage and transport. It fits in the trunk or back seat of most cars.
What is the height range compatible for Protekt Upright Walker?
The Proactive Protekt Pilot Upright Walker accommodates a user height range of 5' to 5'11".
Proactive Pilot Upright Walker Specifications
|User Height Range
||5' to 5'11"
|Armrest Height Range
||41" to 46"
||29.6"L x 25"W x 41"H
||29.6"L x 9.5"W
||19"W x 10"D
|Seat Height from Floor
|Rear Wheel Base
Proactive Protekt Walker Warranty
One year limited warranty