Features of Invacare Solid Polyester Sling With Commode Opening
- Invacare Solid Polyester Sling With Commode Opening supports patient weight upto 450lb
- Overall length: 40.5"
- Overall width: 29"
The sling should not be left under the resident for extended periods because the padding retains body heat
What to buy with Invacare Solid Polyester Sling
How to use Invacare Standard Sling?
- With an attendant on each side of the bed and up against the mattress, the attendant on the right-hand side of the bed will elevate the left knee and position his/her left-hand on the elevated knee and his/her right-hand under the patient’s left shoulder, slowly push on the knee and assist with a slight lift of the shoulder and the patient will easily roll onto their side.
- Put the standard style sling onto the mattress. Note: The upper edge of the back section should be positioned slightly above the armpit level and the lower edge of the seat section positioned a few inches above the back of the patient’s knees.
- Roll the patient onto his/her back.
- Pull the sling across the mattress until smooth.
How to remove or install Metal Support Bars in the Standard Style Sling?
- To insert the metal support bar, pull the strap and insert the metal bar into the opening in the sling pocket.
- Push the metal support bar through until the mounting hole clears the center opening of the sling pocket.
- Once the opposite end of the bar is inside the sewn pocket, push the strap over the metal support bar.
The hole in the metal bar must be in the center of the pocket opening.
How to care for Invacare Standard Sling with Commode Opening?
- Remove the four metal support bars before laundering the standard style sling.
- The metal support bars must be replaced before the sling can be used for patient lifting.
1 year limited warranty