Grafco Digital TENS Unit
- TENS Unit
- Molded carrying case
- Instructions Manual
- 4 Electrodes
- Lead wires
Indications For Use:
- To be used under a physicians prescription for the symptomatic relief
- Management of long-term chronic pain
- Treatment of post-operative or post-traumatic pain
Requires one 9-Volt alkaline or nickel-cadmium rechargeable battery (not included).
Click Here For User Manual
More On Grafco Digital TENS Unit
What is TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)?
- TENS is a treatment whereby electrical impulses are applied to nerves through electrode pads placed on the skin
- TENS is non-invasive and does not use pharmaceuticals
2-Pronged Approaches to Pain Relief:
- First, sensory nerves are targeted, stimulating them to block pain signals and prevent their transmission to the brain
- Second, TENS promotes the production of endorphins, eurochemicals occurring naturally in the brain which have analgesic properties
Operating Grafco TENS Unit:
- Connect the lead wires to the electrodes before applying the electrodes to the skin. Note: Ensure both intensity controls for Channel 1 and 2 are turned to the “OFF” Position (counterclockwise) before applying the electrodes.
- Place the electrodes on the skin as recommended by your physician/clinician.
- Insert Lead Wire Connector into the Device: Plug end of lead wire into the channel output port (jack) to be used; push the plug in as far as it will go.
- Select Treatment Settings: Ensure your unit is still set to the proper settings recommended by your physician/clinician.
- Adjusting Channel Intensity Control: Locate the intensity control knob (Channel 1 or 2) at the top of the unit. Slowly turn the intensity control knob clockwise until the stimulation is at the level recommended by your physician/clinician. (If you do not feel anything, turn the knob OFF then ON again and carefully turn the control knob until you feel a tingling or slight twitch under or around the electrodes.) Always start with the lowest setting and increase the intensity slowly. If the stimulation levels are uncomfortable or become uncomfortable, reduce the stimulation amplitude to a comfortable level; or cease stimulation and contact your physician.
- Setting Patient Compliance Counter:
- To turn counter on: While the unit is ON, hold down the UP button and press the MODE button at the same time.
- To Reset Counter: While the unit is ON, press UP button and press the MODE button at the same time (this will take you into the compliance counter), then push the DOWN button and press MODE button at the same time.
- Press the UP and MODE buttons at the same time to return to the treatment status.
If the stimulation levels are uncomfortable or become uncomfortable, reduce the stimulation intensity to a comfortable level; or if problems persist, cease stimulation and contact your physician/clinician.
- Any electrode placement which applies current to the carotid (neck) region
- Patients with implanted electronic devices (for example, a pacemaker) or metallic implants should not undergo TENS treatment without first consulting a physician
- Any electrode placement which causes current to flow transcerebrally (through the head)
- The use of unit whenever pain symptoms are un-diagnosed and the etiology is unknown
|Channel||Dual, isolated between channels|
|Pulse Amplitude||Adjustable 0 mA to 80 mA peak into 500* load each channel, constant current|
|Pulse Rate||1Hz to 150Hz (adjustable)|
|Pulse Width||30 to 300uS (adjustable)|
|Timer||10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 minutes and continuous |
Patient Compliance counter To show the usage time by user, counted per each
30 minutes treatment time
|Patient Lock System||To prevent changes in any set parameter by physician/clinician. To unlock or lock the unit, press the UP and DOWN button simultaneously for 2 to 3 seconds|
|Wave Form||Mono Positive-Phasic Square pulse, Negative-Phasic Square Pulse, |
Asymmetrical Bi-Phasic Square Pulse
|LCD||Display Timer, Function Mode, Alternate mode, Pulse Rate, Pulse Width, |
Battery Low and Patient Compliance Meter, Lock symbols
|Function Mode||M Mode Modulated width: Pulse width is automatically varied in an interval of 6 seconds. The modulation range of pulse width is from setting value to 60% less than the control setting value, then returns to the setting value. Pulse Rate and Pulse Width are adjustable. |
MM Mode Modulated Rate and Width: This mode consists of alternating modulated width and modulated rate. One parameter is always decreasing while
the other is increasing and vice-versa. The modulation range is 50% decreasing.
|Stimulation Mode||Burst: PW adjustable|
Constant: PR/PW adjustable
3 Modulation Capacities:
M: PR/PW modulation
A(SD1): PR/PW modulation
S(SD2): PR/PW modulation
|Treatment Memory Function||Memorize the last set of operation records|
|Reset Memory Function||Yes|
|Compliance Timer||Total record time is 999 minutes|
|Reset Compliance Timer||Yes|
|Function Control Cover||Yes|
|Belt Clip||Metal belt clip for strength (Rotates 360°)|
|Weight||90 grams (without battery)|
|Size||95 mm x 60 mm x 25mm|
|Display||Output indicator, Low battery, Output amplitude (mA), PW, PR, Timer, Compliance Timer,|