Enabling Devices Drumbourine Features
- Encourages Listening Skills
- Encourages Interaction
- Helps in teaching Cause & Effect
- Helps in teaching Music Appreciation
- Size: 10"L x 7Â½"W x 12"H
- Battery: 4 AA
How To Operate Drumbourine?
- The Drumbourine requires 4 AA batteries. Use alkaline batteries only (e.g. Duracell or Energizer brand). Do not use rechargeable batteries or any other type of batteries because they supply lower voltage and the unit will not perform properly. Never mix old and new batteries together or different brands or types of batteries together
- The battery compartments are located under the Drumbourineâ€™s base. Remove the Philips head screw from each battery case and lift covers off. Install new batteries, being careful to observe proper battery polarity. Replace covers and screws.
- Activate the built-in switch or connect the unit to any external capability switch via the jack, located on the back of the unit. The Drumbourine is equipped with a 1/8-inch jack, for use with capability switches with a 1/8-inch plug. If you need to use a 1/4- to 1/8-inch adapter, it must be a mono adapter, (our No.1170) not stereo.
- Make sure to plug your switch all the way in. There should be no gaps.
- Activate your external capability switch to begin the drum rolls. The Drumbourine will continue beating while the switch continues to be activated. Once you release the switch, the Drumbourine will stop
Problem: The Drumbourine fails to operate
- Action #1: Be sure drumstick is not stuck against the face of the drum. If it is, gently pull it away from the face of the drum and gently straighten spring.
- Action #2: If the drumstick is not stuck against the face of the drum, replace the batteries paying attention to proper polarity.
Problem: The drumstick spins, but either does not strike the drum
- Action #1: Gently bend the drumstick slightly at the spring to the appropriate position for optimal play.
Care of the Unit:
- The base and sides of the Drum can be wiped clean with any mild household multi-purpose, non-abrasive cleaner and disinfectant.
- We recommend Simple Green, which is a non toxic biodegradable all-purpose cleaner.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, as they will scratch the surface of the unit.
- Do not submerge the unit, as it will damage the electrical components.