CAIRE Eclipse 5 Portable Oxygen Concentrator Benefits for Patients
- Run on AC, DC or battery power
- In the car - all flow rates available and battery will recharge 2 LPM
- 2 hours battery at 2 LPM with single battery
- Over 5 hours of battery duration at 2 pulse
- Removable rolling cart with adjustable handle
Eclipse 5 Oxygen Machine Benefits for Clinicians
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Adjustable bolus rise time
- Bolus sizes up to 192 mL
- Highest pulse dose of any concentrator
- Ideal for pulmonary rehab patients
Eclipse 5 O2 Concentrator Features
- Gives users the freedom to travel and enjoy life on the go
- Suitable for use 24/7 use
- all-in-one oxygen therapy device can provide pulse doses up to a setting of 9
- 18.4 lbs. with battery
- FAA approved for use on a commercial airline
- Proprietary autoSAT technology
- Intended for the administration of supplemental oxygen. The device is not intended for life support nor does it provide any patient monitoring capabilities.
- Compatible with many leading CPAP and BiPAP devices used for sleep apnea in the continuous mode
- Eclipse Five control panel provides a display of either mL or LPM allowing for a more accurate prescription dosage. While in pulse mode if a breath is not detected the oxygen concentrator will activate the continuous flow.
- O2 Concentrator offers a comprehensive dosing selection - thereby broadening the patients that can be treated with oxygen therapy at rest, sleep, exercise, and altitude.
- Breath detection technology searches for a breath every 15 seconds.
- Accessory options support an active lifestyle
- Eclipse 5 replaces the old Eclipse 3 Portable Oxygen Concentrator
- Lightweight and small to accommodate easier travel
- Longer service intervals with lower maintenance costs
- Low noise output for less disturbance
- Settings for both pulse volume and continuous flow
- Simplifies the patients; continuum of care with one device
How does Eclipse 5 work?
Its innovative technology gives COPD patients and their caregivers the confidence to breathe easier with the most advanced Oxygen Concentrators on the market.
- PULSE FLOW - The pulse flow setting of the oxygen concentrator delivers a “bolus”, or breath of oxygen, to the lungs with every inhale. CAIRE’s pulse flow technology delivers the precise amount of oxygen.
- AUTOSAT TECHNOLOGY - CAIRE’s autoSAT technology adjusts oxygen concentrator performance to guarantee the prescribed amount of oxygen is delivered with each breath.
Eclipse 5 Portable Oxygen Concentrator Parts
Eclipse 5 Accessories
- Power Cartridge (Battery)
- AC Power Supply
- DC Power Supply
- Desktop Charger
- Protective Cover
- Travel Case
Why choose Eclipse 5 Oxygen Concentrator?
- Stay Active and Go Anywhere - Travel by car, plane, boat, or train. Long battery life and AC/DC power options allow users to be more active and keep them doing the things they love.
- Peace of Mind - Patented autoSAT technology delivers the oxygen you need with every breath. Also, the Eclipse 5 comes equipped with wireless technology which can connect users to CAIREview - a telehealth solution that your provider can use to help ensure you get the support you need.
- Built for Comfort And Ease of Use - Transporting the Eclipse 5 is easy and will not get in the way of living an active lifestyle. An easy-to-attach traveling cart with a telescoping handle can adjust to the comfort level and durable wheels allow users to go anywhere.
What to buy with Portable Oxygen Concentrator
How to care for Eclipse 5 Oxygen Machine?
Nasal Cannula Replacement
Replace supply tubing and cannula on a regular basis as recommended by your physician. Your physician or home care provider will provide you with cleaning, disinfection, and replacement information.
How to clean Air Inlet Filter?
Cleaning the air inlet filter will keep your Eclipse 5 performing properly. Check this air inlet filter daily and clean it at least once a week using the following procedure -
- Remove the air inlet filter
- Wash the filter in warm tap water using a mild soap detergent solution
- Rinse the filter thoroughly with clear tap water and squeeze out the excess water
- Allow the filter to air dry
- Reinsert the filter in the cabinet. Note - The air inlet filter should be replaced annually. If Eclipse 5 is used in a dusty environment, the filter may need to be replaced more frequently. You should not operate the Eclipse 5 without an air inlet filter installed for more than 5 minutes.
Cleaning instructions for AC Power Supply, DC Power Supply, Power Cord and Outer Case
- Turn off the Eclipse 5 and disconnect from AC or DC power before any cleaning or disinfection activity
- Do not spray the outer case directly
- Use a damp (not wet) cloth or sponge
- Spray the cloth or sponge with a mild detergent solution to clean the cabinet and power supplies
- To disinfect the Eclipse 5, use Lysol Brand II disinfectant (or equivalent)
How to clean Universal Cart?
- Before cleaning the Universal Cart, remove it from the Eclipse 5
- Use a damp (not wet) cloth or sponge and mild detergent solution to clean the Universal Cart
How to clean Power Cartridge (Battery) of Eclipse 5?
- The Battery in the Eclipse 5 requires special care to assure a longer life and the highest level of performance
- Use a damp (not wet) cloth or sponge to clean the Battery
- First, spray the cloth or sponge with a mild detergent then clean the battery case and the latch.
- It is recommended to clean battery every month
- Run the Eclipse 5 on battery completely down to power loss condition (yellow light and alarm)
- Plug Eclipse 5 into AC power and recharge until full-on indicator. The device does not have to be running to charge (which allows for a shorter charge time).
Eclipse 5 Portable Concentrator User Manuals
- In certain circumstances, the use of non-prescribed oxygen can be hazardous
- This device should only be used when prescribed by a physician
- Not for use in the presence of flammable anesthetics
- As with any electrically powered device, the user may experience periods of non-operation as a result of electrical power interruption, or the need to have the eclipse 5 serviced by a qualified technician.
- The eclipse 5 is not appropriate for any patient who would experience adverse health consequences as the result of such temporary interruption
Eclipse 5 POC Specifications
1-9 Pulse Settings
||40 dB(A) @ Pulse Setting 3
||19.3 Height" x 12.3" Width x 7.1" Length
(49.0cm H x 31.2cm W x 18.0cm L )
||18.4 lbs/8.3 kg (Eclipse 15 lbs., Battery 3.4 lbs)
||2–5 hours dependent upon flow
||50º F to 104º F (10º C to 40º C)
||10% - 95% at an 82.4° F (28° C) dew point
||-4º F to 140º F (-20º C to 60º C) Humidity: Up to 95% Non-Condensing
||Use no extension cords. Use no electrical outlets controlled by a switch.
||0 – 13,123 feet (0 - 4,000 meters)
||Do not block the air inlet (top back cover) or the exhaust vent (back bottom left). Place device a minimum of 3 inches (7.5 cm) away from walls, draperies, furniture, etc.
||Must be smoke, pollutant, and fume free
||24-hours a day when connected to an external AC or DC power source.
||90%+5.5%/-3% @ sea level
||AC Power (100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz; DC Power (12V nominal); Battery (Quantity (2) 95 W-Hr battery packs each containing 7.92 gm of lithium content)
|Nominal Battery Recharge Time
||1.8 to 5.0 hrs recharge time to achieve 80% capacity (dependent upon the flow)
||Loss of power, Low Battery, Low Therapeutic O2 Output, O2 flow outside normal limits. No Inspiration detected in Pulse Dose Mode, Unit Malfunction
|O2 Concentration Indicator
||Green Light=Normal Yellow=Caution <85%
Eclipse 5 autoSAT Portable Oxygen Concentrator Warranty
- 3 Years Eclipse 5
- 1 Year Battery and Accessories