How to select Danmar 6828 Head Support?
Our products are designed to enrich the lives of their users, therefore contributing to the optimization of the individual's full potential in educational, social, and recreational settings. They can be used during classroom activities, while eating, and when used properly, in transportation. Proper selection of a head support requires that an onsite, professional evaluation take place, including the following factors:
- Breathing should be improved or maintained at the present level.
- Swallowing/drainage should be improved or maintained at the present level.
- Field of vision/eye contact should be improved or maintained at the present level.
- Head contact areas - Head supports maintain the head in a mid-line position. A portion of the neck/head area that contacts the support is considered the "base area." Determining that base area helps provide support and maximum comfort. Improper base area selection can impede breathing, swallowing, blood flow, and could possibly cause jaw discomfort.
- Body Positioning - Head support must only be used in conjunction with proper trunk support, if trunk support is needed.
- Head control should be evaluated from little or no head control to forward, rear or side-thrusting, and/or random movements.
- Custom colors and/or modifications to any product require up to 7 days for fabrication
- This item cannot be returned or exchanged.
What to Buy with Danmar Head Supports?
How to measure Danmar Side Opening Head Supports?
There are 2 major areas to address when sizing head supports. It is important to work with medical professionals because of the many variables that must be taken into consideration when using any type of head supporting device. Our soft foam is made to allow the individual using the support to benefit from being able to easily move his or her head to retain function, instead of being very tight, hard, and restrictive. The seating system must always be addressed first, because supporting the head comes after the individual has been properly positioned, taking into account all the variables necessary for meeting his or her physical and mental needs. The benefits from good head positioning include higher self-esteem, improved bodily functions, and increased social interactions.
- Take accurate measurements. There are 2 which are needed per the chart provided in the product specifications.
- Take neck circumference and round off to the nearest 1/2".
- Measure vertically between the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the ear lobe and round off to the nearest 1/2". Then subtract 1/2" to allow for ear clearance and head movement.
- Consider all the variables. Some examples are as follows:
- If a chest support is used with the head support, subtract its thickness from the "B" measurements. Straps or trunk supports that are 1/8" or less should not affect the fit, but anything thicker than 1/8" should be taken under consideration.
- Decisions as to mounting options should be made, depending on the type of seating system being utilized.
- Consider additional options for the increased comfort and functional abilities of the person using the headrest, such as size a reducer (Item # 6821, Narrow or Wide) and High Back (Item # 6809,).
|Size||Neck Circumference||Shoulder to Bottom of Ear Allowing 1" between earlobe and top of Head Support|
|X-Small||9" to 10"||2"|
|Small||11" to 13"||2.5"|
|Medium||14" to 16"||3"|
|Large||17" to 18"||3.5"|
Danmar Head Support 6828 Warranty
All Danmar products are warrantied against defects in materials or workmanship for 90 days from invoice date.