Why choose Littmann Teaching Stethoscope?
- 3M Littmann Classic II S.E. Teaching Stethoscope has 1 black and 1 burgundy tube which help teacher and student to readily distinguish the headsets, and help to maintain infection control at the eartip
- Dual headsets for real-time teacher-patient auscultation
- Excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit with patented 3M littmann snap tight soft-sealing eartips
- Pressure-based sound frequency adjustment with tunable diaphragm
- Nonchill rim and diaphragm increase patient comfort
- Tube can be folded easily without kinking
- Latex free
The 3M Littmann Classic II S.E. Teaching Stethoscope adapts the proven Classic II S.E. design into an outstanding educational tool. Its dual headsets allow instructors and students to simultaneously auscultate patients with high acoustic sensitivity.
The 3M Littmann Classic II S.E. Stethoscope is a true clinical workhorse, providing high acoustic sensitivity through its dual-sided, stainless steel chestpiece; with a tunable diaphragm on one side and traditional bell on the other. The Classic II S.E. stethoscope is used by students and medical professionals alike to identify, listen to, and study heart, lung, and other body sounds for physical assessment and diagnosis.
Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets clinicians hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chestpiece. Hold the chestpiece with light pressure to hear low frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds. This time-saving feature allows the healthcare provider to focus on the patient, while the non-chill rim provides patient comfort.
Headset tension is easily adjusted for head size and comfort by squeezing together or pulling apart the eartubes. Snap-tight, soft-sealing eartips conform to individual ears for an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit. Eartips snap firmly onto the ends of the eartubes and, for safety, require a significant effort to remove.
Resilient next-generation tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after folding tightly into a pocket. It provides longer stethoscope life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol, and is less likely to pick up stains. Next-generation tubing is not made with natural rubber latex, a benefit to sensitive medical professionals and their patients. And, to play its part in the protection of human health and the environment, the next-generation tubing does not contain phthalate plasticizers.
The Classic II S.E. stethoscope is made in the USA for consistent quality.
How to use 3m Littmann Classic II SE Stethoscope?
- Your Littmann stethoscope is designed to provide a comfortable, acoustically sealed ear fit. Notice that the ear tubes are set to accommodate the typical anatomy of the ear canal. The eartips should point in a forward direction as you insert them into your ear canals.
- To reduce spring tension in the headset, hold each ear tube at the bend near the ear tip and gradually pull apart until fully extended.
- To increase spring tension,grasp the headset with one hand where the ear tubes enter the tubing and squeeze until the tubing on one ear tube touches the other. Repeat as necessary.
- For maximum acoustic performance, comfortable patented 3M Littmann Soft-sealing Eartips are provided with your stethoscope. This stethoscope utilizes a unique design for attaching the ear tip to the eartube. The eartips are pushed on to the end of the ear tube and snapped firmly into place. To remove, pull firmly on the eartip
Training Stethoscope Specifications
Machined stainless steel
Wide diameter aerospace alloy / anodized aluminum
Small diaphragm diameter
Black and burgundy
Burgundy Littmann Stethoscope Warranty
3 years warranty