Features of Hensinger Head Support
Our products are designed to enrich the lives of their users, therefore contributing to the optimization of the individual's full potential in educational, social, and recreational settings. They can be used during classroom activities, while eating, and when used properly, in transportation. Proper selection of a head support requires that an onsite, professional evaluation take place, including the following factors:
- Breathing should be improved or maintained at the present level.
- Swallowing/drainage should be improved or maintained at the present level.
- Field of vision/eye contact should be improved or maintained at the present level.
- Head contact areas - Head supports maintain the head in a mid-line position. A portion of the neck/head area that contacts the support is considered the "base area." Determining that base area helps provide support and maximum comfort. Improper base area selection can impede breathing, swallowing, blood flow, and could possibly cause jaw discomfort.
- Body Positioning - Head support must only be used in conjunction with proper trunk support, if trunk support is needed.
- Head control should be evaluated from little or no head control to forward, rear or side-thrusting, and/or random movements.
- Black and custom color covers will delay shipping
- Hensinger will be sent un-mounted with blue covers unless other options are checked
- This item cannot be returned or exchanged
What to buy with Danmar 6810 Head Support
How to measure Danmar Hensinger Head Supports?
- Take accurate measurements. There are 2 which are needed per the chart provided in the product specifications.
- Take neck circumference and round off to the nearest 1/2".
- Measure vertically between the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the ear lobe and round off to the nearest 1/2". Then subtract 1/2" to allow for ear clearance and head movement.
- Consider all the variables. Some examples are as follows:
- If a chest support is used with the head support, subtract its thickness from the "B" measurements. Straps or trunk supports that are 1/8" or less should not affect the fit, but anything thicker than 1/8" should be taken under consideration.
- Decisions as to mounting options should be made, depending on the type of seating system being utilized.
- Consider additional options for the increased comfort and functional abilities of the person using the headrest, such as size a reducer (Item # 6821, Narrow or Wide) and High Back (Item # 6809).
Danmar Hensinger Head Support Size Chart
||Inner Neck Circumference
Danmar Head Support 6810 Warranty
All Danmar products are warrantied against defects in materials or workmanship for 90 days from invoice date.
Danmar Head Support Reviews