What are Back Pain Relief Products?
Back pain is a painful and uncomfortable condition, common in people of all ages. Back pain is the result of how the bones muscles and ligaments connect and work with each other. There two major areas where back pain can occur, lower back and upper back. Lower back pain is a result of the abnormalities in the bony lumbar spine, vertebral disks, ligaments in the spinal region, pelvic organs etc. Upper back pain may be due to tumors or spine inflammation. At HPFY we have a large variety of products manufactured specifically to reduce back pain and the related health concerns. These back pain relief products effectively provide relief from severe back pain and are manufactured by leading names of the industry like FLA, Back-Huggar and Flexall.
What are the major causes of Back Pain?
- Strained muscles and ligaments
- Muscle spasms
- Improper lifts or lifting something beyond capacity
- Abrupt and awkward movements
- Ruptured disks
- Bulging disks
- Abnormal spinal curvature
- Bad mattress
- Pushing something
- Pulling something
- Standing for long hours
- Bending down improperly
- Sleep disorders
- Excessive Coughing or Sneezing
- Muscle tension
- Straining the neck forward
- Long driving sessions
- Poor posture, like a hunched sitting positions
What are the factors that cause Back Pain?
Putting down a finger on one specific factor that leads to back pain is certainly impossible, a combination of many causes back ache. Some of them are listed below -
- Hectic Lifestyle: A stressful job profile, disturbed family and work balance, too much pressure and not having proper rest can lead to constantly aching back.
- Improper Diet: Stringent diets or poor eating habits both can contribute in aggrevating back pain. Foods rich in vitamins and minerals like iron strengthen your muscles and help in fighting joint pain.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women often experience back pain due to increased pressure on the lower spine. They are often asked to keep themselves as much active as possible throughout their gestation period.
- Lack of Exercise: A sedentary schedule with little or no physical activity may lead to back pain.
- Other factors: Anxiety, depression and obesity are some other factors that may increase the risk of back pain.
What are the types of Back Pain?
There are two types of back pain -
- Acute pain: It is often a mild pain caused during physical activities. Acute back pain lasts for less than 3 months.
- Chronic pain: It lasts longer than three months and it indicates another underlying problem of the spine, disk or pelvic organs.
Different Types of Back Pain Relief Products
There are a number of treatment options for back pain. They are divided into two major categories, invasive and non-invasive treatment methods.
Therapy is one of the major non-invasive treatment methods used around the world. There are a number of therapies used to treat or rehabilitate back pain.
- Back Braces & Back Supports – Back braces & supports are used to provide immobilization and compression to the back which helps alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. Braces are also used to secure therapy mediums to the back to treat the muscles and bones in the back. Back supports are apt in reducing stress and strain to the back thus allowing the muscles to heal and also reducing pain & inflammation.
- Back Cushions – Back support cushions and back rests are a recommended option for people who spend most of their time sitting. These supports are designed to adapt to most types of chairs, seats, sofas, etc. They are shaped in a specific way to support the lumbar region thus reducing the stress on the lower end of the back. It improves posture as well as gait.
- Hot and Cold Therapy – Hot and cold therapy is one of the most common pain relief techniques used since ancient times. One can use hot and cold therapy through braces, supports, flex pads, etc. An individual can also use hot and cold therapy wraps, packs, and systems to reduce pain and aid in treating back pain.
- Electrotherapy - Electrotherapy is another prominent way to treat and rehabilitate back pain. TENS and EMS units can be used in tandem with efficient electrodes to reduce pain and enhance the health of muscles. It also aid in bone growth thus allowing for a stronger spine. It also helps improve posture.
- Topical Ointments - Topical gels, creams, and lotions can penetrate deep into the skin and help in relieving pain and inflammation. They are easy to use and are a great option for instant pain relief during times of discomfort.
Surgery is the primary invasive methods used to treat back pain. Back pain resulting from deformities of the back, conditions affecting the back, etc. can be treated using surgery. Surgery is the last option and one should always consult their doctor before opting for it.
Where To Buy Back Pain Relief Products Online?
HPFY brings to you an array of back pain relief products from top brands such as Bodyline Support Systems and BodySport, to name a few, at attractive discounts. Take your pick today to avail these great discounts!
Articles and Research on Back Pain
Frequently asked questions
Lower back pain may be linked to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae, ligaments around the spine and discs, spinal cord and nerves, lower back muscles, abdomen and pelvic internal organs, and the skin around the lumbar area. Upper back pain may be due to disorders of the aorta, tumors in the chest, and spine inflammation.
Back pain may occur due to bad postural habits such as Bending awkwardly, Pushing something, Pulling something, Carrying something, Lifting something, Standing for long periods, Bending down for long periods, Twisting, Coughing, Sneezing, Muscle tension, Over-stretching, Straining the neck forward, such as when driving or using a computer, Long driving sessions without a break, even when not hunched.
Back Strains can be because of:
- Strained muscles
- Strained ligaments
- A muscle spasm
- Lifting something improperly
- Lifting something that is too heavy
- The result of an abrupt and awkward movement
Structural problems that may result in back pain include ruptured disks, bulging disks, sciatica, arthritis, abdominal curvature of the spine, osteoporosis etc.
Risk factors for back pain include:
- A mentally stressful job Pregnancy - pregnant women are much more likely to get back pain
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Gender - more common among females than males
- Obesity and overweight
- Strenuous physical exercise (especially if not done properly)
- Strenuous physical work
HPFY offers a wide selection of Back supports, topical pain relieving gels, lumbar support cushions, hot and cold packs etc. that help in relieving back pain.