Neomed Oral/Enteral Syringe with ENFit Connector Features
- Neomed ENFit Syringes are latex-free
- Off-set tip delivers the fats/lipids first in a horizontally oriented syringe infusion pump
- Neomed Syringes feature bold graduation markings to facilitate the accurate administration of nutrition
- The distal tip tab complies with ISO 80369-3:2016 W dimension to reduce trach tube misconnection risks
- BPA, and DEHP free
- Each syringe package has 1 tip cap included, so the nurse does not need to search for and open a separate package containing the tip cap
How to use Neomed Neoconnect Enfit Syringes?
Follow the physician's instructions or hospital protocol in the opening package and use of contents.
- Always use a technique that minimizes the risk of infection. The syringe should be connected to a male ENfit-compatible connector during filling and removing air bubbles to reduce the risk of dosing volume inaccuracies.
- Fully depress the plunger before filling the syringe. Draw liquid (e.g., formula or mother's milk) into the syringe. For accurate measurement, use the black leading edge of the gasket toward the plunger tip. Do not fill and attempt delivery past the maximum graduations.
- Hold the syringe with the tip pointing up to expel excess air bubbles. Repeat until bubbles are eliminated and re-verify the dose.
- For syringe sizes 6ml and below, ensure the moat is fluids-free and re-verify the dose (repeat as necessary).
- Secure the tip cap on the syringe and label until ready to use (label not included).
- Before feeding, to maximize the potential for clogging, mix any supplements or additives thoroughly to achieve uniform consistency.
- Enteral feeding should be administered via NeoMed NeoConnect feeding tubes with EnFit connectors.
- DoseMate may be attached to a syringe (sold separately) for patient comfort for direct oral administration.
- Dispose of the syringe as hospital protocols and local or national regulations require.
- For syringe sizes 6ml and below, the moat must be fluids-free before patient administration to ensure dose accuracy.
- The syringe is intended for one-time use. Each syringe should be used for one dispensing of one patient.
- Do not autoclave or re-use syringes, which may increase the risk of leakage or biological infection.
- Tip caps are a choking hazard. Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not modify the device, which may lead to leakage, inadequate nutrition delivery, or patient harm.
- Do not use the device if the syringe tip is visibly blocked, which may lead to inadequate nutrition delivery.
- Do not use it if the device is damaged, which may lead to contamination or inadequate nutrition delivery.
- Improper syringe selection or syringe profile from a pump menu may lead to inadequate delivery of nutrition to the patient.
NeoConnect Enteral Syringe with ENFit Connector Instruction Manual
Frequently Bought Together
Also available separately
- Neomed syringes are indicated for use as a dispenser, a measuring device, and a fluid transfer device.
- It delivers fluids into the body orally or enterally.
- It is intended to be used in clinical or home care settings by users ranging from clinicians to laypersons (under the supervision of a clinician) in all age groups.
- The NeoMed NeoConnect Syringe is intended to connect to products with EnFit-compatible male connectors.
- This device is intended for oral/enteral applications only. Do not use this device with small-bore connectors from other healthcare applications, as it has the potential to misconnect.
1. How to draw up the medication with an ENFit syringe?
With the ENFit fill cap attached, connect the ENFit syringe. Gently turn the medication bottle upside down. In a gentle but quick motion, pull and push back the syringe plunger to cycle it once or more (this helps to eliminate air bubbles). Then pull the plunger back to withdraw the desired medication dose.
2. What are Neomed ENFit syringes made of?
NeoConnect syringes are not made with natural rubber latex, BPA, and DEHP.
3. What is the use of oral, enteral NeoConnect syringes?
The ENFit enteral syringes are designed for delivering enteral tube feed, water, and medications via an enteral feeding tube and/or to aspirate a feeding tube.
4. Why are purple ENfit oral syringes used for enteral feeding?
NeoMed oral syringes are compatible with enteral feeding tubes, and the purple plunger provides a visual reminder that the medication in the syringe must be administered via the enteral route.