ENFit NeoConnect Syringes Features
- Neomed ENFit NeoConnect Purple Oral and Enteral Syringe is latex free
- Off-set tip delivers the fats/lipids first in a horizontally oriented syringe infusion pump.
- Neomed Syringes feature bold graduation markings facilitate accurate administration of nutrition.
- Distal tip tab complies with ISO 80369-3:2016 W dimension to reduce trach tube misconnection risks.
- BPA, and DEHP free.
- Each syringe package has 1 tip cap included, so the nurse does not need to search for and open a separate package containing the tip cap.
How to use Neomed ENFit NeoConnect Oral and Enteral Syringes?
Follow physician's instructions or hospital protocol in the opening package and use of contents.
- Always use a technique that minimizes the risk of infection. The syringe should be connected to a male EnFit compatible connector during filling and removal of air bubbles to reduce the risk of dosing volume inaccuracies.
- Fully depress the plunger before filling the syringe. Draw liquid (e.g. formula or mother's milk) into the syringe. For accurate measurement, use the black leading edge of the gasket toward the plunger tip. Do not fill and attempt delivery past the maximum graduations.
- To expel excess air bubbles, hold the syringe with tip pointing up. Repeat until bubbles are eliminated and re-verify the dose.
- For syringe sizes 6ml and below, ensure the moat is free of fluids and re-verify dose (repeat as necessary).
- Secure the tip cap on the syringe and label until ready to use (label not included).
- Before feeding, to maximize the potential for clogging, mix any supplements or additives thoroughly to achieve uniform consistency.
- Enteral feeding should be administered via NeoMed NeoConnect feeding tubes with EnFit connectors.
- For direct oral administration, DoseMate may be attached to syringe (sold separately) for patient comfort.
- Dispose of the syringe as required by hospital protocols and local or national regulations.
Neomed Syringe Warnings
- For syringe sizes 6ml and below, to ensure dose accuracy, the moat must be free of fluids prior to patient administration.
- The syringe is intended for one-time use. Each syringe should be used for one dispensing on one patient.
- Do not autoclave or re-use syringe as this may increase the risk of leakage or biological infection.
- Tip caps are a choking hazard. Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not modify the device as this may lead to leakage, inadequate nutrition delivery or patient harm.
- Do not use the device if the syringe tip is visibly blocked as this may lead to inadequate nutrition delivery.
- Do not use if the device is damaged as this may lead to device contamination or inadequate nutrition delivery.
- Improper syringe selection or syringe profile from a pump menu may lead to inadequate delivery of nutrition to the patient.
NeoConnect Enteral Syringe with ENFit Connector Instruction Manual
What to buy with Neomed Syringes
Also available separately
When to use ENFit NeoConnect Syringes?
- The device is indicated for use as a dispenser, a measuring device and a fluid transfer device.
- It is used to deliver fluids into the body orally or enterally.
- It is intended to be used in clinical or home care settings by users ranging from clinicians to laypersons (under the supervision of a clinician) in all age groups.
ENFit Syringe Contraindications
- The NeoMed NeoConnect Syringe is intended to connect to products with EnFit compatible male connectors.
- This device is intended for oral/enteral applications only. Do not use this device with small-bore connectors from other healthcare applications as it has the potential to misconnect.
FAQs About Neomed ENFit Oral and Enteral Syringes
How to draw up the medication with an ENFit syringe?
With the ENFit fill cap attached, connect the ENFit syringe. Gently turn the medication bottle upside down. In a gentle but quick motion, pull and push back the syringe plunger to cycle it once or more (this helps to eliminate air bubbles). Then pull the plunger back to withdraw the desired medication dose.
What are ENFit syringes made of?
These syringes are not made with natural rubber latex, BPA, and DEHP.
What is the use of oral enteral syringe?
The ENFit enteral syringes are designed for delivering enteral tube feed, water, and medications via an enteral feeding tube, and/or to aspirate a feeding tube.
Why are purple syringes used for enteral feeding?
The oral/enteral syringes are compatible with enteral feeding tubes and the purple plunger provides a visual reminder that the medication in the syringe must be administered via the enteral route.