What is a Sock Donner?
It is important to wear compression garments properly to avoid blood flow blockages. However, compression stockings can sometimes be difficult to put on, especially for people with limited strength and dexterity. A Sock Donner is a device or tool used to help people put on socks, especially if they have limited mobility, flexibility, or strength in their hands or feet. It typically consists of a flexible or semi-rigid frame with two prongs or arms designed to hold open the mouth of a sock, making it easier for the user to slide their foot in. Some sock aids also feature handles or straps that allow the user to pull the sock up onto their foot and leg with minimal effort. Your compression garment should fit like a second skin. The compression sock tool helps in donning compression stockings or socks in the required way. At HPFY, you will find a variety of products that will help you in putting your stockings on with ease and comfort. Browse our full catalog to find the best product for you.
Benefits of using Compression Stocking Donner
- Reduces the need to bend over or twist the body, which can be painful or difficult for some people
- Affordable and non-invasive solution compared to other assistive devices or medical interventions
- Easy to use and portable, making it convenient for use at home or when traveling
- Helps people with limited mobility, flexibility, or strength in their hands or feet put on socks more easily
- Improves independence and self-confidence for people who may otherwise require assistance with dressing
Types of Sock Aids
We have Donning gloves, stocking donners, easy sliders, and Sock Aid for Wide Feet. These aids come in universal sizes to fit any user. Stocking aids are easy to use, portable, and durable. Sock aids help in putting your socks on without the need to bend or fold your knees. We also have donning aids for people with edema or swollen legs.
- Compression Stocking Aid - Stocking Aids are used to put on compression stockings and socks. These aids come with extra wide width, perfect for people with wide feet.
- Plastic Sock Aid - These aids are designed for those who have difficulty removing compression stockings, ted hoes socks, and hosiery. It helps individuals remain independent and avoid the frustration of removing thick or tight compression hoses. It has a plastic handle that helps pull on and take off the socks. It can be used as a shoehorn. Choose from our stocking aids, such as Achieva Sock-eez Sock Aid, Sock Horse Sock Aid, E. C. I. C. Sock-eez Compression Sock Removal Aid, and more at HPFY.
- Stocking Donners - A Stocking Donner is a device for donning compression stockings and socks. It allows users to easily put on and take off any compression sock aid or stocking by guiding it up and down their legs or arms.
- Donning Gloves - Donning Gloves are used when users put on and remove their compression stockings. These gloves can help protect the hosiery from nails or dry skin. Shop donning gloves like BSN Jobst Donning Gloves for compression stocking donning and removal at Health Products For You.
Choosing the Best Sock Donner
Some sock aids have long, rigid handles which are easy to hold.
- Single-Handled Sock Aid - Sock aid with a single handle, also known as a continuous loop sock aid. These aids are ideal for people with the use of one hand, like amputees, or people with post-stroke hemiparesis. Shop one-handled sock aids Such as Achieva Sock Assist Sock Aid, Essential Medical Molded Sock Aid, Adult Wide Style Sock Aid, etc., at HPFY.
- Double-Handled Sock Aid - Pulling the handles upward on the sock donner with two handles needs more coordination. The length of the cords can be adjusted as required to reach the floor when the user is seated. Try affordable two-handled sock aids like Sammons Preston Sock and Stocking Aid with Built-Up Foam Handles for easier donning.
Here are some situations when using a stocking aid may be helpful:
- People with arthritis, back pain, or other mobility limitations make it difficult to bend over or reach their feet.
- For people with conditions that require them to wear compression stockings, such as varicose veins, lymphedema, or blood clots.
- For individuals recovering from surgery or injury who may have limited mobility or strength in their legs.
- Pregnant women may experience swelling or discomfort in their legs and need to wear compression stockings for relief.
- For caregivers who assist with dressing and may need a tool to make the process easier and safer for both themselves and their loved ones
Where to Buy Stocking and Socks Aids Online?
We have Socks Aids, Stocking Aids, Donning Aids, and the best quality dressing tool to help put on compression socks in a proper manner every day. Try stocking and sock donners from top manufacturers like North Coast Medical, Maddak, Julius Zorn, BSN Medical, and many more at attractive discounts on HPFY! Buy now.
Articles and Research Papers