Sammons Preston Sock and Stocking Aid Features
- Easy-to-Use Sock and Stocking Aids:
- The Sock and Stocking Aid helps individuals with a reduced range of motion dress more independently.
- The flexible contoured plastic shell is attached to built-up foam handles, helping individuals slide socks or stockings with greater ease and comfort.
- The sammons preston sock aid assists those who have difficulty bending down or are recovering from a back, knee, or hip replacement surgery.
- Features Built-Up Foam Handles:
- The soft and non-slip foam handles are designed to increase grip, assisting individuals with weak hand strength pull on a sock or stocking.
- For use, simply place the sock or stocking over the plastic trough, insert the foot, and pull the cord’s foam handles straight back to bring the sock over the heel and up the leg.
- The ropes can be adjusted to your desired length by tying new knots as needed.
- Available in Multiple Styles and Sizes:
- For one-handed use, use the Continuous Loop Cord with single foam handle.
- The No-Slip Sock Aid features a pad that has the same one-way material as found on a lint brush, designed to prevent socks from slipping off the plastic trough.
- The sock and stocking aid is available in various sizes and rope lengths including: 4"W x 9-1/2"L with 30” rope length, 3-1/2"W x 9-1/2"L with 21-1/2" rope length (Continuous Loop), 5-1/2"W x 10"L with 28” rope length (Continuous Loop), and 2-1/2"W x 6-1/2"L with 19” rope length for pediatric users.
- Assistive device for donning compression stocking, helps pull on socks and stockings without having to raise the leg
- Indicated for personal use at home, on-the-go or in patient-care facilities and eliminates bending over at the hip to perform the routine task
- Equipped with a braided cord handle offered in various lengths, the non-slip pad is durable, built to not peel off after repeated use
What to buy with Sammons Preston Sock Aid
How to use Sammons Sock and Stocking Aid?
- Being in a seated position with feet on the floor, hold Sock/Stocking Aid in one hand, resting on one knee. Draw the sock/stocking over the aid so the toe is completely over the end and the sock is at least halfway up the length of the plastic trough.
- Flip Sock/Stocking Aid out in front of the foot and let drop onto the floor. Insert toes through the opening of sock/stocking
- Pull straight back on back foam handles until sock/stocking covers the toes. Begin pulling at an upward angle toward the ceiling so that the sock/stocking is pulled around the heel
- Continue pulling on handles until the sock is pulled up or until stocking can be reached. Sock/Stocking Aid will pull out of the sock/stocking about mid-calf
The cord on the Sock/Stocking Aid may be shortened by cutting. Retie each cord end into a knot, to prevent raveling.
Note: Instruction are the same for the #2083-02 Continuous Loop Sock Aid. Can be performed with one hand using the continuous foam handle.
Sammons Sock and Stocking Aid User Manual
Reviews of Sammons Preston Stocking Aid