Features of Tylenol Extra Strength Caplet
- Provides temporary relief of minor aches and pains and help reduce fever
- Each extra strength caplet contains 500 mg of acetaminophen
- For effective pain relief, and has an excellent safety profile when used as directed
- Helps provide relief of common pain symptoms including headache, backache, toothache, menstrual cramps and pain caused by the common cold
- Can be used by adults and children who are 12 years and older.
Ingredients of Tylenol Pain Reliever
- Active ingredient:
Acetaminophen 500 mg (in each caplet)
- Inactive Ingredients:
Carnauba wax, corn starch, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, modified starch, polyethylene glycol, powdered cellulose, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium starch glycolate, titanium dioxide contains one or more of these ingredients
Carnauba wax, crospovidone, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Frequently Bought Together
Uses of Tylenol
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- Common cold
- Minor pain
- Muscular aches
- Premenstrual and Menstrual cramps
Directions of Use
- Do not take more than directed
- Adults and children 12 years and over:
- Take 2 caplets every 6 hours while symptoms last.
- Do not take more than 6 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor.
- Do not take for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor.
- Ask a doctor for children under 12 years.
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if taken
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
- If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- Do not use:
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription).
- If not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
- Ask a doctor before use if user has liver disease
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Overdose warning:
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if user does not notice any signs or symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does TYLENOL work?
TYLENOL contains the active ingredient acetaminophen, which is a pain reliever and fever reducer. It works by elevating the body's overall pain threshold so you feel less pain, and lowers your fever by helping your body eliminate excess heat.
2. What is acetaminophen?
Acetaminophen is an effective pain reliever and fever reducer. Acetaminophen is thought to relieve mild to moderate pain by elevating your body’s overall pain threshold. It is also thought to lower your fever by helping your body eliminate excess heat.
3. Does TYLENOL contain aspirin?
No, TYLENOL products do not contain aspirin.
4. How is TYLENOL different from other brands of pain reliever?
Acetaminophen is the active ingredient in TYLENOL. TYLENOL products do not contain aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen, the active ingredients found in other nonprescription pain relievers. Each of these active ingredients relieves pain, but they work differently.
Reasons to buy from HPFY
- Customer care available 24/7 on chat
- Safe and Secure shopping
- Flexible Payment Options
- Authorized Retailer of most reputed brands in medical supplies and equipment
Tylenol Pain Reliever Reviews