Benefits of TheraHoney Sheet Honey Wound Dressing
TheraHoney Sheet contains medical-grade Manuka honey, derived from the pollen and nectar of the Leptospermum Scoparium plant mostly found in New Zealand. The honey comb is used and harvested for once, then it is carefully filtered, irradiated and tested in a laboratory for high efficiency.
- Impact of Manuka Honey on Wound pH: Chronic and non-healing wounds, which mostly have an elevated alkaline environment can be healed by lowering their pH. Use of TheraHoney Sheet made of Manuka honey is associated with a significant decrease in wound pH and wound size reduction.
- Role of Sugar in Autolytic Debridement: 87% high sugar levels in this honey dressing results in osmotic activity, helping promote autolytic debridement to clear away necrotic tissue, maintain a moist wound environment ideal for healing and reduce wound odor.
- Reduced Necrotic Tissue and Wound Size: Using TheraHoney Sheet, wounds show significant improvement in terms of necrotic tissue and reduction of wound surface over an average of 4 weeks.
The above provided illustration demonstrates that how the osmotic action of Manuka honey draws exudate from the subcutaneous tissue to the wound surface, removing slough, debris and necrotic tissue.
When to use TheraHoney Gauze Honey Sheet Dressing?
- Partial and full-thickness wounds
- Pressure injuries
- Leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- 1st and 2nd degree burns
- Minor cuts, minor scalds and burns
- Surgical and trauma wounds under healthcare professional supervision
- Minor abrasions and lacerations
What to buy with Manuka Honey Wound Dressing?
How to use TheraHoney Sheet Honey Dressing?
||1. Remove TheraHoney Sheet from Package. Remove one of the Protective Liners.
||2. Then remove Second Protective Liner. Apply TheraHoney Sheet Dressing directly to wound, either side down. Note: Therahoney Sheet may be cut to size.
||3. Secure TheraHoney Sheet with secondary dressing such as Stratasorb, Optiva Gentle or OptiLock.
Why choose TheraHoney Sheet Dressing?
TheraHoney is one of the latest advancements in Medline’s leading line of wound care products. TheraHoney dressings contain 100 percent medical-grade Manuka Honey, a special honey derived from the nectar of the Manuka bush found in northern New Zealand. Ideal for stalled wounds with sluff or necrotic issue. TheraHoney is applied at about a nickel thickness in the wound using an appropriate applicator or gloved finger. It should then be covered with an occlusive absorbent dressing. TheraHoney’s high sugar levels result in osmotic pressure that helps promote autolytic debridement of necrotic tissue and bacteria. Osmosis acts like a vacuum pulling fluid towards the sugar. TheraHoney draws exudate from subcutaneous tissue to the wound surface removing debri, sluff and necrotic tissue. This helps create a moist wound healing environment that also rapidly reduces wound odor. Plus Manuka Honey’s low pH adds additional value. Research has shown that reducing the pH of a wound may lead to significant reduction of the surface area of the wound. Therahoney is available in two dressings: TheraHoney gel and TheraHoney gauze. TheraHoney gel is 100 percent pure Manuka Honey with no fillers and is indicated for use in wounds with no drainage to moderate drainage. Therahoney gauze is an easy to apply dressing that permits the passage of exudate into a secondary dressing and is indicated for wounds with any drainage level. TheraHoney is indicated for a variety of wounds.
Compare Your TheraHoney Dressings