TheraHoney Sheet HD Honey Wound Dressing Features
TheraHoneyHD contains 100% sterile and medical-grade Manuka honey which is derived from the pollen and nectar of the Leptospermum Scoparium plant found in New Zealand. The honey comb is used and harvested one time only; it is then carefully filtered, irradiated and tested in a laboratory for high efficacy.
- Role of Sugar in Autolytic Debridement: 87% high sugar levels in TheraHoneyHD result in osmotic activity that helps in promoting autolytic debridement to clear away necrotic tissue, remove wound odor and maintain a moist wound environment appropriate for healing.
- Impact of Manuka Honey on Wound pH: Chronic and non-healing wounds mostly have an elevated alkaline environment and lowering their pH can help in wound healing. Use of Manuka honey dressings is associated with a statistically significant decrease in wound pH and reduction in wound size.
- Reduced Necrotic Tissue and Wound Size: Using TheraHoneyHD, wounds significantly improve in terms of necrotic tissue and wound surface reduction over an average of 4 weeks.
The above illustration demonstrates how the osmotic action of Manuka honey draws up exudate from subcutaneous tissue to the wound surface, thereby removing debris, slough and necrotic tissue.
When to use TheraHoney Sheet HD Dressing?
- Partial and full-thickness wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure injuries
- 1st and 2nd degree burns
- Surgical wounds and trauma wounds under proper supervision
- Minor abrasions and lacerations
- Minor cuts, minor scalds and burns
What to buy with TheraHoney Honey Wound Dressing?
How to use TheraHoney Sheet HD Wound Dressing?
||1. Remove TheraHoney from Package. Remove one of the Protective Liners.
||2. Remove Second Protective Liner. Apply Dressing directly to wound, either side down. Note: Therahoney HD may be cut to size.
||3. Secure the dressing with secondary dressing such as Stratasorb, Optiva Gentle or OptiLock.
Why choose Manuka Honey Wound Dressing?
TheraHoney is one of the latest advancements in Medline’s leading line of wound care products. TheraHoney dressings contain 100 percent medical-grade Manuka Honey, a special honey derived from the nectar of the Manuka bush found in northern New Zealand. Ideal for stalled wounds with sluff or necrotic issue. TheraHoney is applied at about a nickel thickness in the wound using an appropriate applicator or gloved finger. It should then be covered with an occlusive absorbent dressing. TheraHoney’s high sugar levels result in osmotic pressure that helps promote autolytic debridement of necrotic tissue and bacteria. Osmosis acts like a vacuum pulling fluid towards the sugar. TheraHoney draws exudate from subcutaneous tissue to the wound surface removing debri, sluff and necrotic tissue. This helps create a moist wound healing environment that also rapidly reduces wound odor. Plus Manuka Honey’s low pH adds additional value. Research has shown that reducing the pH of a wound may lead to significant reduction of the surface area of the wound. Therahoney is available in two dressings: TheraHoney gel and TheraHoney gauze. TheraHoney gel is 100 percent pure Manuka Honey with no fillers and is indicated for use in wounds with no drainage to moderate drainage. Therahoney gauze is an easy to apply dressing that permits the passage of exudate into a secondary dressing and is indicated for wounds with any drainage level. TheraHoney is indicated for a variety of wounds.
Compare Your TheraHoney Dressings