- Square Toe design to increase protection as square acts as a bumper
- Rocker bottom sole reduces pressure on the plantar surface, resulting in increased comfort and compliance
- Ossur Square Shoe provides adequate protection, and the rigid bottom reduces the flexion of the foot
- It also protects the foot from any injury by immobilizing the foot
- Strapless closure eliminates buckle pressure on the forefoot and can expand to accommodate dressing up to 17” (43cm) in circumference
When to use Ossur Post Surgery Shoes?
How to use Ossur Square Surgery Boot?
- Unfasten the contact closures.
- Step into the shoe, ensuring your heel is comfortable at the back.
- Re-fasten the shoe over your foot.
- Do not over-tighten straps.
How to clean Ossur Post Foot Surgery Shoes?
- This product may be cleaned using mild soap and cold water.
- Do not wash in the washing machine.
- Lay the shoe out on a towel and air dry.
- Do not squeeze.
- Do not place in dryer.
- Do not place near a heater.
- Do not use bleach or strong detergents.
Ossur Americas Square-Toe Post-Op Shoes FAQ
Can I wear a sock with my post-op shoe?
The straps should be tightened until firm but comfortable. Make sure that your foot doesn't slip around in the shoe and that the fit is comfortable. It is okay to wear a sock or stocking.
How do you walk in surgery shoes?
You will notice that the sole of the post-op shoe is very rigid and will not flex. This keeps your foot from flexing, your toes from flexing, etc. You will feel that you need to walk flat-footed; try to roll from heel to toe; it usually feels more comfortable.
Do you sleep in a post-op shoe?
Yes, the post-operative shoe is to be worn at all times, even in bed.
|Size||Men Shoe||Women Shoe|
|Small||6 - 8||4 - 6|
|Medium||8.5 - 10||6.5 - 8|
|Large||10.5 - 12||8.5 - 10|
|X-Large||12.5 - 14||10.5 - 15|