Design Attributes of Mepilex Soft Silicone Foam Dressing
- Safetac Technology Layer:
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Seals wound edges
- Does not stick to the moist wound bed, but only to dry skin
- Polyurethane Foam Pad:
- Absorbs exudate
- Can be used under compression
- Polyurethane Backing Film:
- Moisture proof
- Bacteria and viral proof
Mepilex Silicone Foam Dressing Features
- Mepilex Foam Dressing consists of a flexible absorbent pad of polyurethane foam, a soft silicone wound-contact layer and a vapor permeable and moisture proof outer film
- Less pain and trauma during dressing change results in reduced stress and better healing
- Combination of increased breathability and excellent absorption handles up to 3 times more wound fluid
- Mepilex Safetac technology layer reduces the risk of macerating the newly formed tissue
- Gently adheres to intact skin, but not to the moist wound surfaces
- Compatible with secondary and compression bandages
- Available in a wide range of sizes that cover small to large wound areas
- Mepilex wound dressing can stay up to 7 days
- Remains in place to allow easy application of retention and compression bandages
- Can be cut to fit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress areas
- Provides less painful and less stressful care for patients
- Promotes patient comfort during wear
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- May be adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- May remain in place for several days depending on the wound condition
How does Mepilex Dressing work?
Mepilex Safetac Dressing is a highly conformable and soft foam dressing designed to absorb exudate and maintain a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer prevents the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin by sealing the wound edges, thus minimizing the risk of maceration. It allows for trauma-free dressing change without damaging the wound or surrounding skin or putting the patient to additional pain.
When to use Mepilex Foam Dressing?
Molnlycke Mepilex Dressing handles fluid effectively with its absorbent foam and backing film. It is ideal for a wide range of low to medium exuding wounds. Whether it is chronic or acute wounds, like diabetic wounds or post-op wounds, it decreases pain at dressing change.
- Moderately exuding wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Graft and donor sites
- Traumatic wounds
- Under compression
- Red granulated wound
- Low to medium exudation
- Painful wound
- Superficial wound
- Fragile skin
- Traumatic wound
- Skin tear
- Epidermolysis bullosa
- Non-bordered foam dressings
- Absorbent dressings
What to buy with Silicone Dressings
How to Apply Mepilex Foam Dressing?
- Clean the wound area
- Cut for customization, if desired
- Remove the larger release film
- Position Mepilex Soft Silicone Absorbent Foam Dressing in such a way that the dressing overlaps the wound bed by at least 2 cm onto the surrounding skin
- Apply the adherent side to the wound
- Then remove the shorter release film and put the dressing in place
- Do not stretch
- Hold Mepilex Foam Dressing securely in place with a light bandage or other dressing retention method (e.g., Tubigrip, Tubifast, etc.)
Things to remember while using Molnlycke Mepilex Absorbent Foam Dressing
- Do not use oxidizing agents like hydrogen peroxide or hypochlorite solutions with Mepilex Soft Silicone Foam Dressing
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a healthcare professional.
- The dressing should be stored in dry conditions below 35°C (95°F) and be protected from direct sunlight.
- Do not use if inner package is damaged. Sterility is guaranteed if inner package is intact. Do not resterilize.
Mepilex Foam Dressing Reviews