Hibiclens Antiseptic Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser Features
- Antimicrobial action: Hibiclens contains the active ingredient chlorhexidine gluconate, which has been proven to be effective in killing a wide range of microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- Long-lasting protection: Hibiclens provides long-lasting protection against microorganisms for up to 24 hours after application
- Gentle on skin: Despite its antimicrobial properties, Hibiclens is gentle enough to be used on a daily basis, and it will not dry out or irritate the skin like some other antiseptics
- Non-flammable: Hibiclens is non-flammable and does not contain any alcohol, making it safe to use in environments where flammability is a concern
- Versatile: Hibiclens can be used in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and households, and can be used as a surgical hand scrub, patient preoperative skin preparation, or general skin cleanser
- Easy to use: Hibiclens comes in a liquid form that is easy to apply to the skin, and it can be rinsed off with water
What are the Hibiclens Ingredients?
- Isopropyl Alcohol 4%
- Purified Water, Red 40, and other ingredients in a mild
- Sudsing base adjusted to pH 5.0-6.5 for optimal activity and stability as well as compatibility with the normal pH of the skin
How does it works?
The active ingredient in Hibiclens is 4% CHG, which helps reduce bacteria that can potentially cause disease. Proven to be gentle enough for daily use,1 Hibiclens leaves a layer of protection without any sticky residue after it is rinsed off.
When to use Hibiclens Soap?
Hibiclens have a great deal of utility throughout the hospital facility. The 4% chlorhexidine gluconate solution is in a gentle, skin cleansing base that can be used for:
- Daily patient bed baths, as part of a horizontal infection prevention approach
- Preoperative/postoperative showering and decolonization, as part of surgical site infection prevention bundles
- Surgical hand scrubbing
- Personnel hand washing
- Preoperative skin preparation
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser?
- Wet your skin with warm water.
- Pour a small amount of Hibiclens or washcloth onto your hands.
- Rub the Hibiclens onto your skin, covering the entire area you want to cleanse.
- Continue to rub the Hibiclens soap into your skin for at least 15 seconds. If you are using it as a surgical hand scrub, you should scrub for at least 3 minutes.
- Rinse off the Hibiclens with warm water.
- Dry your skin thoroughly with a clean towel.
The extensive use of chlorhexidine gluconate for over 20 years outside the United States has produced no evidence of absorption of the compound through intact skin. The potential for producing skin reactions is extremely low. Hibiclens soap can be used many times a day without causing irritation, dryness, or discomfort. Experimental studies indicate that when used for cleaning superficial wounds, it will never cause additional tissue injury or delay healing.
Precautions and Warnings:
- For external use only
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth
- Should not be used as a preoperative skin preparation of the face or head
- Avoid contact with meninges
- Antimicrobial Hibiclens soap should not be used by persons who have a sensitivity to it or its components
- Chlorhexidine gluconate has been reported to cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums
- Irritation, sensitization, and generalized allergic reactions have been reported with chlorhexidine-containing products, especially in the genital areas
- If adverse reactions occur, discontinue use immediately and if severe, contact a physician
- Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children
- In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately
- Chlorhexidine gluconate taken orally is poorly absorbed. Treat with gastric lavage using milk, egg white, gelatin or mild soap. Employ supportive measures as appropriate
- Avoid excessive heat (above 104°F)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long do I leave Hibiclens on the skin?
Apply on the skin and rub it gently for five minutes with a washcloth. Next, rinse it well with warm water. Do not use regular soap after using Hibiclens.
2. Does Hibiclens need to be rinsed off?
Yes, you will need to apply Hibiclens directly on the skin or on a wet washcloth and wash gently. After 5 minutes, rinse it thoroughly with warm water. Make sure the antiseptic skin cleanser is kept away from your eyes, ears, and mouth. If it comes in contact with any of these areas, rinse out promptly.
3. Is it OK to use Hibiclens every day?
Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser aids in the reduction of bacteria that can potentially cause disease. One can use it every day or in accordance with the directions of their healthcare professional.
Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser Reviews