Benefits of Hibiclens Soap
- Reduced C. difficile infections by 70%
- 61% lower incidence of primary bloodstream infections
- Decreased methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) by 32%
- Reduced vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus (VRE) by 50%
- 4% CHG begins to kill pathogens on contact
- Washes clean, leaving a layer of CHG protection without sticky residue
- Continues killing >99% of pathogens for up to 24 hours
- Results in a cumulative effect with repeat use, such as daily bathing
- Incorporates easily into a patient’s usual skin cleansing routine
Features of Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser
- Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser binds to the skin and reduces hand microbial counts further with each use
- Contains 4% Chlorhexidine gluconate which is bactericidal upon contact
- Efficacy is not compromised by contact with organic matter like blood
- Sustains its protection for up to 6 hours
- Effectiveness increases with use, due to a cumulative effect
- Low skin irritation potential
- Repeated daily use
- General skin cleansing helps to kill and remove microbes and pathogens that may cause diseases from the patient's skin potentially reducing the surgical site infection rate
When to use Hibiclens Soap?
Hibiclens have a great deal of utility throughout the hospital facility. The 4% chlorhexidine gluconate solution is in a gentle, skin cleansing base that can be used for:
- Daily patient bed baths, as part of a horizontal infection prevention approach
- Preoperative/postoperative showering and decolonization, as part of surgical site infection prevention bundles
- Surgical hand scrubbing
- Personnel hand washing
- Preoperative skin preparation
What to buy with Hibiclens Body Wash
Ingredients of Antiseptic Skin Cleanser
- Isopropyl Alcohol 4%
- Purified Water, Red 40, and other ingredients in a mild
- Sudsing base adjusted to pH 5.0-6.5 for optimal activity and stability as well as compatibility with the normal pH of the skin
Hibiclens Skin Cleanser Safety Instructions
The extensive use of chlorhexidine gluconate for over 20 years outside the United States has produced no evidence of absorption of the compound through intact skin. The potential for producing skin reactions is extremely low. HIBICLENS can be used many times a day without causing irritation, dryness, or discomfort. Experimental studies indicate that when used for cleaning superficial wounds, it will never cause additional tissue injury or delay healing.
Precautions and Warnings:
- For external use only
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth
- Should not be used as a preoperative skin preparation of the face or head
- Avoid contact with meninges
- Antimicrobial soap should not be used by persons who have a sensitivity to it or its components
- Chlorhexidine gluconate has been reported to cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums
- Irritation, sensitization, and generalized allergic reactions have been reported with chlorhexidine-containing products, especially in the genital areas
- If adverse reactions occur, discontinue use immediately and if severe, contact a physician
- Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children
- In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately
- Chlorhexidine gluconate taken orally is poorly absorbed. Treat with gastric lavage using milk, egg white, gelatin or mild soap. Employ supportive measures as appropriate
- Avoid excessive heat (above 104°F)
Hibiclens User Manuals
Hibiclens Antibacterial Soap FAQ
1. How long do I leave Hibiclens on the skin?
Apply on the skin and rub it gently for five minutes with a washcloth. Next, rinse it well with warm water. Do not use regular soap after using Hibiclens.
2. Does Hibiclens need to be rinsed off?
Yes, you will need to apply Hibiclens directly on the skin or on a wet washcloth and wash gently. After 5 minutes, rinse it thoroughly with warm water. Make sure the antiseptic skin cleanser is kept away from your eyes, ears, and mouth. If it comes in contact with any of these areas, rinse out promptly.
3. Is it OK to use Hibiclens every day?
Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser aids in the reduction of bacteria that can potentially cause disease. One can use it every day or in accordance with the directions of their healthcare professional.
Hibiclens Antibacterial Soap Reviews