1. Handle: Gives user confidence and aids in initial learning. Often used for longer distances to improve efficiency. Used for short distances to keep crutch aligned and in contact with the user’s leg when walking without straps. Also used when treating the crutch like a cane for assisting in getting up from seated position.
2. Quick Release Buckles: Quick release buckles allow you to quickly put on or take off the crutch. After basic proficiency is achieved, most people can don / doff the crutch in 10-15 seconds. As an additional safety feature, straps must be loosened fully before buckle can disengage. Converts tool-free for Left or Right leg use.
3. Strap - Tighten/Loosen Section (On/Off): Proper tensioning of the strap is essential to give you maximum control and safety. This section, identified by the Blue webbing, is ergonomically positioned on the outside of your leg, which allows you to fully and significantly tension the strap with a quick pull on the end of the strap. A quick lift of the buckle releases tension so you can quickly take the crutch off.
4. Knee Gate Strap: Prevents the lower thigh from going between the two Upper Assembly tubes. This works in conjunction with the Knee Strap to keep the strap fully tensioned. Comes in two styles, plastic and fabric, which function similarly.
5. Platform Pad: High resiliency closed cell foam provides comfort and durability. Closed cell foam material will not absorb liquid. Channels allow air circulation for cooling. Velcro attachment allows for easy replacement.
6. Knee Platform: Anatomically designed structurally reinforced platform is light weight and extremely stiff for maximum control. Your weight is distributed along the length of your shin to allow maximum comfort. Composite reinforced material with structural grid provides exceptional stiffness while maintaining light weight. Ergonomic shape fits the contours of the lower leg.
7. Clamp Nut and Bolt: Tightens and loosens by hand to lock in all upper and lower section height adjustments. When tightened, height adjustments are intentionally difficult or impossible, so loosen before making height adjustments, and always tighten before using the crutch.
8. Foot: Our patented Foot is offset to the outside to provide stability, balance and control. Easy tool free adjustment allows Left or Right foot use. Includes our proprietary Vibram ™ tread for wet and dry traction, long wear and shock absorbing.