Features of Drive Medical Med Aire Low Air Loss Mattress
- Active combination therapy system provides both alternating pressure and low air loss to optimize pressure redistribution, shear/friction reduction, and microclimate control
- Designed to prevent, treat and heal pressure ulcers in the home or long term care setting
- Digital control unit offers 4 cycle times and adjustable comfort weight settings for optimal immersion and patient satisfaction
- 3 diagnostic audio and visual alarms alert for issues with air pressure, the system, or power
- System includes 20 individual air cells to maximize immersion and envelopment with pillow feature for head stability & comfort
- Advanced Clinical and Care Giver Features: Auto-Firm, Seat Inflate, microprocessing feedback, lock-out and more
- Cell-on-cell designed air cells prevent " bottoming out", and provide up to 24 hours of power outage protection
- 8" deep air cells are easily removed with quick disconnects for convenient servicing Removable 4-way stretch PU cover is fluid-resistant, low shear, and vapor permeable helping protect the skin from friction and moisture
- CPR valve allows for rapid deflation
- Tubing quickly and easily disconnects with EZ Lock/Quick Release design
What to buy with Drive Med 14029 Mattress
Installation of 14029 Air Loss Mattress
- Place the mattress flat on the bed frame. The inflation tube should be towards the foot end so that it can be connected to the inflation nozzles on the control unit
- Cover the mattress with a cotton sheet.
- Hang the control unit over the frame or at the foot board of the bed. Make sure the control unit is secured.
- Connect the inflation tubes from the mattress to the control unit’s inflating nozzles. Make sure they are properly attached.
- Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet with grounded AC power.
- Turn on the power by pressing the power switch at the right side of the control unit.
How to clean Alternating Pressure and Low Air Loss Mattress System
- Wipe down the mattress unit with a damp cloth pre-soaked with warm water containing a mild detergent.
- Approved intermediate level disinfectants may be used according to the cover material.
- Please refer to the chart below for recommended disinfectants.
- The mattress top cover can be completely removed for laundry with water temperature up to 95°F; however, it is recommended that the user still check with local policy to determine the time/temperature ratio required to achieve thermal disinfection.
- After cleaning, please avoid dust and proximity to dusty areas.
- All parts should be air dried thoroughly before use.
- It is recommended to clean the cover and mattress system once a week to reduce contaminants.
Control Unit - Wipe down the Control Unit with a damp cloth pre-soaked with a mild detergent. Avoid contact with dust and proximity to dusty areas. Make sure that any cleaning agents you use will not harm or corrode the plastic casing on the Control Unit.
Care Instructions of Med Aire Low Air Loss Mattress
- Handling and storage of Drive Medical Mattress:
- Lay the mattress out flat and upside down
- Roll from the foot end towards the head end, the foot-end strap can then be stretched around the rolled mattress to prevent unrolling
- Do not fold, crease or stack the mattress
- Maintenance of 14029 Air Loss Mattress:
- Check the power cord and plug to see if there are abrasions
- Check the mattress cover for signs of wear or damage
- Ensure the mattress cover and tubes are connected together correctly
- Plug in the pump and check the airflow from the hose connection port
- The airflow should alternate between ports every half-cycle time
- Check the air hoses to see if there are kinks or breaks
- Make sure the mattress tube is well connected
- Check the pump and make sure both power and power indicator are off when the switch is turned off
- Low pressure examination of Med Aire Low Air Mattress:
- Examine if there is air leakage between the pump and the mattress connections or from the air mattress tubes
- Check connectors between the air mattress and pump
- If there is any disconnection, please reconnect it
- Check the CPR valves and ensure their outlets are sealed
- Check the air-connecting tubes
- Ensure each single cell is not broken
- Turn the pressure-adjust knob to Firm
- Keep the tubes fully inflated and inspect for air leakage
- Check if there is any air leakage from cells
- Ensure no leakage occurs
Specifications of Drive Medical 14029
|Control Unit Airflow
||8 LPM (Litres per Minute)
|Control Unit Cycle Time
||10, 15, 20, 25 minutes
|Control Unit Type
|Control Unit Alarms
|Mattress Cover Material
||Fluid Resistant Stretch
Warranty of Drive Med Aire Plus 8 Inch Alternating Pressure and Low Air Loss Mattress System
18 Month limited warranty