Ultima 20 Nerve Stimulator TENS Unit Features
- Device has Dual Channels, 12 preset modes, 8 manual, modes, and 3 wave forms.
- LCD screen shows a body part diagram for plug-n-play functionality
- Product has a protective covering over the amplitude controls.
- Labels MANUAL and PRESET on the LCD display, will switch on according to the program.
- Labels ACUTE and CHRONIC will switch on according to the Pulse Width (50 µs = Gate Control, then most suitable to ACUTE pain – Above 50 µs = Endorphins then most suitable to chronic pain), regardless the PW is manually or automatically adjusted.
- Symbols A, B, C will show the occurring phase (if blinking) or the passing phase (if permanently ON) of the PRESET programs.
- Labels CONT, MOD and BURST have not to be shown during the PRESET programs.
- When the mode changes, the intensity will automatically go down to zero;
- When the unit is turned on, it will automatically enter the mode that the unit had worked in before the unit was turned off.
- When the treatment timer is set, it will begin to count down one minute by one minute; Once it counts down to zero, the unit will automatically shut off
- When the pulse rate, pulse width, or intensity is being adjusted, the auto-repeat function is available, when the key is held down over 1 second, it will automatically increased or decreased 1 step per 1/4 second.
- The treatment time will be accumulative recorded when the output level is above zero, by pressing the “Timer” key and “PR-” key for 4 seconds the treatment time accumulated in a minute can be displayed, or return back to the previous normal display in toggle; by pressing the “Timer” key and “PW-” key for 4 seconds will clear the treatment time to zero.
- When the unit intensity levels are 0 on both channels, and it has not been in use for 5 minutes, the unit will be shut off automatically.
Ultima 20 Tens Unit Manual
When to use Ultima 20 Tens Unit?
Tens Unit Ultima 20 offers relief from -
How does T.E.N.S. Ultima 20 Work?
- T.E.N.S. works by stimulating your body's own natural defenses against pain.
- The unit produces a gentle stimulus through pads normally placed over the area of pain. This stimulus helps the body to produce natural pain relievers called endorphins.
- The correct positioning of the pads is important. Some people feel immediate benefit from T.E.N.S. However some may only achieve benefit after repeated treatment sessions and over an extended period of time.
- Ultima 20 is designed for simple and easy pain relief.
How to use Ultima 20 Tens Unit?
Assembly of the Ultima 20 T.E.N.S. Pain Relief Unit is very simple and requires only five steps.
Step 1: Batteries
- Remove the battery cover and insert the two batteries inside the battery compartment.
- Replace the battery cover.
Note: Your unit will not function if the batteries are inserted incorrectly. To check, press the ON/OFF key once and the LCD display will start up. Having made this check, press the ON/OFF key again to switch the unit off.
Caution: There is a risk of explosion if the batteries are fitted incorrectly. Replace with AA Alkaline 1.5 volt batteries (LR6). Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not dispose of the batteries in a fire and keep them out of reach of children. The batteries must be removed from the unit if the unit is not used for a long period of time.
Step 2: Leads
- Decide whether you wish to use the unit with one lead or two.
- If using two leads, insert the plugs into both jacks on the plugs of the unit. If only using one lead, insert into one jack.
Step 3: Pads
- Remove pads from the bag and connect to the leads.
Step 4: Placement of Pads
- Ensure wherever you intend to place the pads where the skin is clean and thoroughly dry.
- Remove the pads from the clean plastic shield and position on your body as required.
Step 5: Reading
- Read the section on “Operation of the T.E.N.S. Unit”, and decide how to use the T.E.N.S. unit for the treatment.
T.E.N.S. Unit for pain : After Use Instructions
- Always ensure that the unit is switched OFF before removing the pads. After use, return the pads to the clear plastic shields. There is no need to separate the pads unit from the leads and pads.
- Life of the pads: When the pads initially lose their adhesive quality, it is possible to reactivate their adhesiveness by applying fine spray of water. Replace the pads when they lose their adhesive quality in order not to affect the efficiency of the unit.
Ultima 20 Indications to use
- Chronic pain
- Acute pain
- Poor blood circulation
- Muscle spasms
- Re-educate and strengthen weak muscles
- Cardiac conditioning
- Denervated muscles
- Systemic Pain: Bursitis, Cancer, Causalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Phantom Limb Syndrome, Raynaud's Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis,Synovitis, Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy.
- Head and Neck Pain: Cluster Headaches, Dental Disorders, Migraine Headaches, Spondylosis, Sprains/Strains, Suboccipital Headaches, TMJ Syndrome, Torticollis, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Whiplash.
TENS Unit- Things to Remember
- Do not use any pad which size is less than 40mm X 40mm.
- Allergic reactions to the self-adhesive pads can occur, eventhough they are hypoallergenic.
- Do not apply to broken skin.
- Do not apply pads to skin that do not have normal sensation.
- If the skin is numb, stimulation will not be felt.
What to buy with Tens Unit Ultima 20
|Product Weight (lbs)
||50 s ~ 250 s; adjustable
||Symmetrical Biphasic Rect, Asymmetrical Biphasic Rect, Monophasic Rectangular
||8 Manual Modes and 12 Preset Modes
||Continuous 15min/30min/45min/60min/90min selectable
||Max 130mA (peak value)
||1 ~ 150 (HZ)
||9V DC Square Shape Battery : 2 Alkaline AA 1.5V LR6 Batteries
|Low Battery Indication
12 Preset Modes Available
They are identified, on the display, directly through the area to be treated on the body. They are:
- P0- Neck Pain
- P1- Torticollis
- P2- Low Back Pain
- P3- Sciatica
- P4- Epicondylitits
- P5- Wrist Pain
- P6- Post-Surgery Knee Pain
- P7- Ankle Sprains
- P8- Gonalgia (Knee Pain)
- P9- Cox Algia (Hip Pain)
- P10- Menses Pain
- P11- Neuralgia