Features of Stanzme Prone Standing Frame for Kids
- Improves circulation
- Promotes bone health
- Reduces abnormal muscle tone and spasticity
- Reduces the occurrence of skeletal deformities
- Adjustments are easy, it’s lightweight, sleek & simple
- Provides psychosocial opportunity for better quality of life
- Improves range of motion and reduce the risk of contractures
- Available in two sizes to accommodate children up to 14 years of age
- Ease in anterior prone adaptability with a tilt trigger lever set under the tray
- These standers efficiently benefit those needing lower-limb orthotics to live an active life
- Stanzme Prone Stander promotes vital organ capacity including pulmonary, bowel and bladder functions
- Loosen the 4 screws under the pelvic roll bar to raise the platform higher to the extent the tray height bar can also shift upward
- Modular structure allows for easy removal of attachments to fit a child whose height is small as 2 feet or 17” from heel to chest height
- In size large if you raise the chest board higher and the middle pelvic bar is too high, the pelvic foam roll bar can be attached securely to the lowest hole to allow got accommodation of inseam for the child
- It is important that every child wear an ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) to use a prone or supine stander
- The Pelvic support pad included in the PRONE stander is very critical
- It secures the pelvis in a straight line enabling a symmetrical standing posture for the child
- The Pelvic pad is adjustable horizontally and vertically to provide optimal support
- Top L- bracket behind the chest board can be disconnected off the board but remains connected to the rear spine
Prone Stander Accessories Features
Two pairs of lateral support pads for trunk and hips offer comfort while improving balance, stability and posture
The tray is both height and angle adjustable. To adjust the height and angle, loosen the respective knobs located at the center support bar of the stander.
Padded chest board attached to the tray provides anterior support while leaning forward
Back rest extension to prevent posterior hyper-extension of upper trunk and head
Locking casters prevent roll and swivel during transfers
Lateral knee supports ensure the knees and calf are comfortably supported
Adjustable pelvic support pad provides firm posterior support while standing in an upright or prone position
Shoe holders allow feet to be maintained in a secure and stable position using the ankle and toe straps
Why choose Stanzme Prone Stander?
- Easy To Use: Stanzme standers for child are designed to be easy to use and compact, while providing a comfortable and safe vertical position for children
- Easy To Adjust: The adjustments in Stanzme standers are smooth, via a simple application of the pneumatic piston and adjustable knobs for the various anatomical supports
- Positioning: The child is always low to the ground and the stander can be adjusted using the tilt piston. The standers are adjustable to fit to child’s height, and comes with a tray for upper trunk and arm support. Manages pressure ulcers through changing positions
- Serves Standing Needs: Special Needs Standers are designed for weight bearing and standing needs
- Safe and Reliable: Stanzme standers provide independence, safety and reliability to individuals with mild to severe disabilities
Prone Stander vs Supine Stander
|Support on the front (anterior) of body
||Support on the back (posterior) of body
|Angle adjustable from upright forward towards the horizontal
||Angle adjustable from upright backwards towards the horizontal
|Tray is usually necessary for a support surface for the arms
||Tray is optional
|Tray is usually necessary for a support surface for the arms
||Great position if user has minimum head control
What to buy with Stanzme Stander for Child
Also Available (Sold Separately):
Stanzme Prone Standers Walker Measurement Guide
- A Knee height (floor to mid knee)
- B Hip height (floor to top of hip)
- C Elbow height (floor to bent elbow)
- D Axilla height (floor to armpit)
- E Shoulder height (floor to top of shoulder)
- F Overall height (floor to top of head) (Key Measurement)
- G Hip width (widest location)
- H Trunk width (widest location)
How to assemble Stanzme Prone Stander?
Each child is different so every adjustment should be determined by a therapist or physician. The user is required to wear Ankle Foot Orthosis to successfully use a stander.
- Before you begin to assemble, lock the casters in the rear by pushing the "ON" lever down to ensure the prone stander is stable and will not move while attaching the parts to assemble.
- Insert the silver rod across the frame through the upright bracket as shown in the picture. The silver rod must travel straight through the hole on the other end. Once it is through, use the nut to secure the rod and tighten with the appropriate half-inch size wrench. (Do not overtighten the nuts)
- Secure the round end of the piston to the lower part of the vertical frame with a receiver and cotter pin.
- Mount the foot platform at the location indicated on the frame with black washers against the frame and a silver washer on the other end. Use the two knobs to secure it tightly in place. (The foot platform can be moved higher with the same securing process which allows heel to chest height as short as 19".)
- Secure the two lateral knee pads on to the wooden knee pad frame then mount the entire knee pad on to the stander’s vertical frame with screws and washers. The U-shape of the knee pad must be facing upwards. (Knee pad may not be necessary if a user is short and the foot platform can be mounted higher to accommodate the client.)
- Secure the side pads on to the trunk plate then mount the top of the trunk plate to the vertical section of the stander with 4 sets of screw and washers on the frame at the assigned t-nut receivers.
- Mount the pelvic stabilizer bar (which is adjustable in depth and height to prevent pelvis moving in anterior position and knee-buckling) on to the trunk plate and insert the pelvic pad perpendicular to the frame. The medial roll foam of the pelvic pad can be cut by 2" if the pelvic pad needs to be moved closer to the frame.
- Secure the square-like end of the piston at the location of the vertical frame as shown in the picture.
- Secure the tray into the telescoping part of the vertical blue frame and hold it with a slide-in-cotter pin.
- Mount the tray onto the vertical part of the frame at the desired location with screws on either side. Remove the screw first, then align the tray plates and tightly remount the screws.
- Mount the piston tilt release handle with the C clamp provided separately to secure the handle from loosening.
How to fit and adjust Stanzme Pediatric Prone Stander?
Each child is different so every adjustment should be determined by a therapist or physician. The user is required to wear an Ankle Foot Orthosis to successfully use a stander.
- Height Adjustment: The height of the prone stander is adjusted with the child’s mid-chest length. The top of the chest pad should come up to about the child's armpit or axilla. Additional adjustments should be made by the therapist or physician according to the body structure of the child. Users can change the height of the stander by loosening the height adjustment knobs on the vertical portion of the stander. The upper chest board of the stander can then be elevated up to an additional 9 inches (19" to 28" by removing the top 2 knobs and securely mounting with the remaining 4 knobs). Be sure to retighten the knobs securely.
- Angle Adjustment: Angle adjustment of the stander ranges from an upright 90 Degree position to approximately 30 Degree forward tilt. To change the angle of the stander push toggle upward to allow the piston to move the chest board into the prone position.
- Tray Adjustment: The tray is adjustable for both height and angle. To adjust the tray height/angle, loosen the knobs of the square center bar of the stander and raise or lower the whole tray assembly to the desired height.
What are the uses of Stanzme Prone Standers Walkers?
- Designed to provide the child with the ability to stand and bear the weight of the body in an upright or forward-leaning position
- This allows the user to relieve pressure created from long hours of sitting for better digestion and bowel movements
- The easy adjustment combinations and support accessories of the stander hold the child in good postural alignment and provide overall perks of standing
- The stander should only be used and adjusted according to the guidance of the certified therapist or physician.
- The supervision of an adult is needed when the child is using the stander.
- Stanzme will not be responsible for any damage or injuries resulting from the modification of the stander by anyone other than the manufacturer.
- The company takes no responsibility for the damage and injuries caused by any neglect or misuse of the product.
How to care for Prone Stander?
- Keep regular checks on the product to detect any loose, missing hardware or any signs of cracked or broken parts to avoid unwanted damage to the user or the stander
- All components can be cleaned with mild soapy water or a non-abrasive commercial cleaner approved for use on vinyl, wood, and metal
- Do not use an excessive amount of water, and make sure to wipe the wood and metal dry
Stanzme Prone Stander Package User Manuals
Stanzme Prone Stander Specifications
||33" x 25" x 10"
||46" x 31" x 11"
||58 lbs / 26 kg
||80 lbs / 36 kg
||9 Months to 5 Years
||6 to 13 Years
|User height (approximate)
||24" - 36"
||34" - 48"
|Footrest to the top of the chest board
||19" - 29"/56cm - 74cm
||26" - 36" / 66cm - 92cm
||22"W x 12"D / 56cm x 32cm
||25"W x 16"D / 64cm x 40cm
|Floor to top of chest board
||17" x 24" / 44cm x 61cm
||19" x 28" / 48cm x 70cm
|Base-width X Length (fully extended)
||22" x 33" / 56cm x 82cm
||26" x 45" / 66cm x 115cm
|Footrest to top of axilla
||17" - 29"/ 56cm x 74cm
||26" x 36" / 66cm x 92cm
Prone Standing Frame Prone Stander Warranty
The product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year to the original purchaser.
Note: For more information regarding warranty kindly refer to the last page of Stanzme Prone Stander User Manual