Why choose Polar Active Ice 3.0 Universal Cold Therapy System?
- 9-quart cooler comes with an easy carrying handle
- 15-quart cooler comes with wheels and retractable handle
- Specifically designed for post-surgery, where serious pain relief is required
- Universal Therapy Bladder can be applied to any part of the body that needs to be targeted cooling therapy
- Active Ice Cold Therapy System is easy to reuse; simply add ice and water to the cooler
- High-flow, dry and quick disconnect couplings allow for freedom of movement if required
- Cooler lid is hinged and snaps in place, keeping it properly sealed
- Water temperature flow control valve is present in an inline position in the insulated tubing line which keeps it closer to the person for easy adjustment
- Panel mount right angle coupling makes a mistake-proof watertight seal
- On/off switch allows ease of use
- New digital timer facilitates the use of the system as per the doctor's direction
- Improved insulation on all water lines eliminate condensation at the control box and water leakage when directions are followed
- Improved instructions and fill line sticker help eliminate confusion and overfilling the water
- New, quieter, high-performance brush-less pump
- 1 foot of insulated tubing extends from the bladder and the quick-disconnect couplings attach to the tubing from the cooling reservoir
- U-Shaped Bladder is ideal for knees, shoulder, back, ankles, elbows, calves and limbs
- Rectangular Bladder is ideal for full coverage of the back
Note: This item is non-returnable due to hygiene purposes.
Click Here for Polar Active Ice 3.0 Cold Therapy System Compression Wraps
Polar Ice Therapy Machine Features
Compression Wrap Features
- Holds the bladder comfortably in place on the targeted body part
- Insulates the targeted area and controls condensation
- Provides gentle and adjustable compression
- Conveniently attaches to the Universal U-Shaped Bladder and eases its application on the targeted body part with hook and loop tabs
Knee Compression Wrap (KAW) Features
- 12" x 13"
- One size fits most
- Black Color
- Can be used on either knee to deliver comfortable, easy-to-use and portable drug-free pain relief
- Hook and loop tab closure adjusts for a snug, comfortable fit
- 3 elastic straps with hook and loop tabs closures hold the wrap comfortably on the knee
Lumbar or Hip Compression Wrap of Polar Ice Machine For Knees Features
- Fits waists up to 35"
- Black Color
- Position over the desired shoulder, wrap the long elastic strap over arm (across the chest) and the short elastic belt under the arm and secure with hook and loop tab closure
- Can be used on either the back or hip to deliver comfortable, easy-to-use and portable drug-free pain relief
Shoulder Compression Wrap of Polar Ice Machine Features
- 13" x 17"
- Black Color
- One size fits most
- Can be used on either shoulder to deliver comfortable, easy-to-use and portable drug-free pain relief
- Elastic belts with hook and loop tab closures adjust for a snug, comfortable fit
- Includes one 3" x 44" elastic belt and one 3" x 10" elastic belt with hook and loop tabs closures to hold the wrap comfortably on the shoulder
Significance Of The Digital Timer in Polar Ice Machine For Knee Surgery
The Digital Timer allows the user to set the duration of therapy as directed by the doctor. This helps the user to check the skin before resetting. Overuse of cold therapy and failure to properly check the skin can cause injury. This makes timer an essential safety feature.
Also Available Separately
When to use Polar Active Ice 3.0?
What to buy with Polar Active Therapy System?
How to use the Polar Active Ice 3.0?
Setting Up Active Ice Therapy System:
- Always begin with the power supply unplugged. Do not turn on the system until all connections are complete and the hose from the cooler to the therapy bladder is free from bends or restrictions, as this will restrict water flow through the system.
- Open the reservoir and fill with ice to near the top of the cooler. Fill the reservoir with large blocks of ice for an extended cooling time. For example: freeze water in milk cartons, then tear away the carton.
- Add cold tap water to the fill line, approximately 1.5 to 2 quarts. Always ensure the water covers the pump. Do not overfill. Never operate the unit without water! This can cause pump failure.
- Connect the therapy bladder hose to the cooler hose. Depress tabs on couplings before connecting. Couplings click when they are properly locked together.
- Plug power supply into the unit and into a wall outlet. If using a battery pack, follow instructions with the pack.
- Adjust the temperature control to Coldest and turn the timer knob clockwise to turn the unit on. Allow the unit to run a few minutes for the temperature to stabilize before using the system. Always ensure that there is water flowing through the top return tube to the cooling reservoir.
- Use the enclosed elastic belt with hook and loop tabs to hold the universal bladder comfortably on the targeted body part. Always use an insulation barrier such as webril, Kerlix, cast padding, or elastic bandage between the therapy bladder and the skin.
- Adjust the temperature control to the desired level. When the temperature has risen above the desired temperature, refill the reservoir with ice. Drain water if necessary.
- Confirm that water is flowing through the return flow tube at the top of the cooler when the system is on.
Instructions For Use Of Universal Therapy Bladder:
- Do not turn the system on until all connections are complete and the hose from the cooler to the wrap is free from bends or restrictions.
- Place the bladder over the targeted area with the smooth side toward the skin. Always use this bladder with a protective layer of fabric between the bladder and the skin.
- Use the elastic belt, tab or compression wrap to comfortably hold the bladder in place. Place the bladder on the target body part and held in place with the elastic strap.
- Connect the bladder tubes to the Polar Ice Therapy Machine tubes with the quick connect couplings. Depress the tab on the female coupling first, then press the system coupling into the bladder coupling until you hear a click sound. This click is the sound of the couplings connecting and locking into place.
- Be sure the hoses are not restricted or bent, as this will restrict water flow through the entire system.
Ice Active Operating Instructions
Ice Therapy System Specifications
Universal U-Shaped Bladder
10.5" x 12"
Back, Knees, Shoulders, Ankles, Elbows, Calves & Limbs
Universal Rectangular Bladder
12.5" x 22.5"
Post-Surgery cold therapy to the Back, Hips & other large surface areas
12" Heel to Toe, 10" Heel to Ankle
Foot Surgery & Drug-free pain relief
Polar Cold Therapy System Reviews
If the unit is within its 180 day warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced with a new unit at no charge.
Polar Active Ice 3.0 Reviews