Benefits of Ice Therapy Machine by Polar
- Specifically designed for post-surgery, when serious pain relief is required
- Easy to reuse time and time again; simply add ice and water to the cooler
- Universal bladder can be used on any part of your body that needs target cooling therapy
- High flow, dry, quick disconnect couplings allow for freedom of movement if needed
- Bladder can be secured to the body with an elastic and hook and loop tab belt
- Cooler lid on the unit is hinged and snaps in place, keeping it properly sealed
- Reusable bladder is easy and convenient to use time and time again
- Soft cotton backing absorbs moisture and helps protect the skin while the insulated outer fabric directs maximum cold therapy to the back or hip
- U-Shaped Bladder is ideal for knees, shoulder, back, ankles, elbows, calves and limbs
- Foot-Shaped Bladder fits like a sock with full circulating water coverage of the foot
- Active Cold Therapy System Includes
- 1 Therapy Bladder
- 15-quart cooler with wheels and retractable handle
- 1 Elastic Belt 3" x 44"
- 30-minute timer
- 5 feet of insulated cool water lines
- AC Power Adapter with cord
Why to buy Polar Adjustable Temperature Control Valve?
- Helps to maintain the temperature of a desired process at a specific level
- Provides reliable, automatic and accurate temperature control of fluids
- Adjustable temperature control flow control valve
- Allows for maximum comfort
Compression Wrap Features
- Holds the bladder comfortably in place on the targeted body part
- Insulates the targeted area and controls condensation
- Provides gentle and adjustable compression
- Conveniently attaches to the Universal U-Shaped Bladder and eases its application on the targeted body part with hook and loop tabs
Knee Compression Wrap (KAW)
- 12" x 13"
- One size fits most
- Black Color
- Can be used on either knee to deliver comfortable, easy-to-use and portable drug-free pain relief
- Hook and loop tab closure adjusts for a snug, comfortable fit
- 3 elastic straps with hook and loop tabs closures hold the wrap comfortably on the knee
Lumbar or Hip Compression Wrap (LAW):
- Fits waists up to 35"
- Black Color
- Position over the desired shoulder, wrap the long elastic strap over arm (across the chest) and the short elastic belt under the arm and secure with hook and loop tab closure
- Can be used on either the back or hip to deliver comfortable, easy-to-use and portable drug-free pain relief
Shoulder Compression Wrap (SAW):
- 13" x 17"
- Black Color
- One size fits most
- Can be used on either shoulder to deliver comfortable, easy-to-use and portable drug-free pain relief
- Elastic belts with hook and loop tab closures adjust for a snug, comfortable fit
- Includes one 3" x 44" elastic belt and one 3" x 10" elastic belt with hook and loop tabs closures to hold the wrap comfortably on the shoulder
Significance Of Timer:
Timer allows for 30 minutes of session before it requires resetting. This helps the user to check the skin before resetting. Sometimes it is required to wait before resetting the timer because the skin gets very cold. The cases of people being hurt due to overuse of cold therapy are very common. This makes timer an essential safety feature.
Also Available Separately:
What to buy with Polar Active Ice 3.0 System
How to Operate Active Ice Cold Therapy System?
- Always begin with power supply unplugged. Do not turn on the system until all connections are complete and the hose from the cooler to the therapy bladder is free from bends or restrictions, as this will restrict water flow through the system.
- Open the reservoir and fill with ice to near the top of the cooler. Fill the reservoir with large blocks of ice for an extended cooling time. For example: freeze water in milk cartons, then tear away the carton.
- Add cold tap water to the fill line, approximately 1.5 to 2 quarts. Always ensure the water covers the pump. Do not overfill. Never operate the unit without water! This can cause pump failure.
- Connect the therapy bladder hose to the cooler hose. Depress tabs on couplings before connecting. Couplings “click” when they are properly locked together.
- Plug power supply into the unit and into a wall outlet. If using a battery pack, follow instructions with the pack.
- Use the enclosed elastic belt with hook and loop tabs to hold the universal bladder comfortably on the targeted body part. Always use an insulation barrier such as Webril, Kerlix, cast padding, or elastic bandage between the therapy bladder and the skin.
- Confirm that water is flowing through the return flow tube at the top of the cooler when the system is on.
Instructions for using Universal Therapy Bladder:
- Do not turn the system on until all connections are complete and the hose from the cooler to the wrap is free from bends or restrictions.
- Place the bladder over the targeted area with the smooth side toward the skin. Always use this bladder with a protective layer of fabric between the bladder and the skin.
- Use the elastic belt, tab or compression wrap to comfortably hold the bladder in place. Place the bladder on the target body part and hold in place with the elastic strap.
- Connect the bladder tubes to the Active Ice System tubes with the quick connect couplings. Depress the tab on the female coupling first, then press the system coupling into the bladder coupling until you hear a “click” sound. This click is the sound of the couplings connecting and locking into place.
- Be sure the hoses are not restricted or bent, as this will restrict water flow through the entire system.
Active Ice 3.0 Universal Therapy System Specifications
|Universal U-Shaped Bladder
||10.5" x 12"
||Back, Knees, Shoulders, Ankles, Elbows, Calves & Limbs
|Universal Rectangular Bladder
||12.5" x 22.5"
||Post-Surgery cold therapy to the Back, Hips & other large surface areas
||12" Heel to Toe, 10" Heel to Ankle
||Foot Surgery & Drug-free pain relief
Active Ice 3.0 Warranty
If the unit is within its 180 day warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced with a new unit at no charge.
Polar Cold Therapy System Reviews