What does Polar Active Ice 3.0 Includes?
- 9 Quart cooler with an easy carrying handle that measures 11.5" x 9.5" x 8.5" and weighs 5.5 lbs
- 1 Elastic belt, 3" x 44"
- 5 feet of insulated water lines
- 30 Minute timer
- AC 12-volt power adapter with cord
Benefits of the Polar Ice Therapy Machine
- Specifically designed for post-surgery, where serious pain relief is required
- Universal Therapy Bladder can be applied on any part of the body that needs targeting cooling therapy
- Polar Active Cold Therapy Machine has a more consistently quiet pump motor
- Patent Pending Programmable Digital Timer Control allows the unit to be set specifically per your health care professional's recommendation! A Critical Safety Feature! The user can set custom "on" and "off" times. Examples include (but are not limited to) setting our system to cycle throughout the night with 20 minutes on and then 40 minutes off, or on for just 30 minutes and then shut off.
- Whisper quiet, high-efficiency pump circulates cool water throughout the Therapy Pad.
- Convenient on/off switch eliminates the danger of fumbling through the dark to unplug your system
- The market's largest cooling reservoirs hold more ice and allow for more time between adding ice. With twice the reservoir size and twice the ice as our biggest competitors, Active Ice will get you through the night!
- The cold therapy pad is optimized to provide comfortable cold therapy to the desired body part while providing gentle compression. The insulated outer fabric directs maximum cold therapy to the target area.
- Comfortable and easy to reuse time and time again; simply add ice and water to the cooler!
- High flow, dry, quick disconnect couplings allow for freedom of movement if needed.
- The cooler lid on the unit is hinged and snaps in place, keeping it properly sealed. No mess!
Active Ice 3.0 Compression Wrap Features
- Holds the bladder comfortably in place on the targeted body part
- Provides gentle and adjustable compression
- Insulates the targeted area and controls condensation
- Conveniently attaches to the Universal U-Shaped Bladder and eases its application on the targeted body part with hook and loop tabs
Benefits of Polar Adjustable Temperature Control Valve (Not Included)
- Helps to maintain the temperature of the desired process at a specific level
- Provides reliable, automatic and accurate temperature control of fluids
- Adjustable temperature control flow control valve
- Allows for maximum comfort
Significance Of Timer in Polar Active Ice Therapy Machine
The timer allows only 30 minutes session before it requires resetting. This helps the user to check the skin before resetting. Several times it is required to wait before resetting the timer because the skin gets very cold. The cases of people being hurt due to overuse of cold therapy are very common. This makes timer an essential safety feature.
What to buy with Active Ice Cold Therapy System?
How to Set Up Polar Active Cold Therapy Machine System?
- Always begin with power supply unplugged. Do not turn on the system until all connections are complete and the hose from the cooler to the therapy bladder is free from bends or restrictions, as this will restrict water flow through the system.
- Open the reservoir and fill with ice to near the top of the cooler. Fill the reservoir with large blocks of ice for an extended cooling time. For example: freeze water in milk cartons, then tear away the carton.
- Add cold tap water to the fill line, approximately 1.5 to 2 quarts. Always ensure the water covers the pump. Do not overfill. Never operate the unit without water! This can cause pump failure.
- Connect the therapy bladder hose to the cooler hose. Depress tabs on couplings before connecting. Couplings “click” when they are properly locked together.
- Plug power supply into the unit and into a wall outlet. If using a battery pack, follow instructions with the pack.
- Adjust the temperature control to “Coldest” and turn the timer knob clockwise to turn the unit on. Allow the unit to run a few minutes for the temperature to stabilize before using the system. Always ensure that there is water flowing through the top return tube to the cooling reservoir.
- Use the enclosed elastic belt with hook and loop tabs to hold the universal bladder comfortably on the targeted body part. Always use an insulation barrier such as Webril, Kerlix, cast padding, or elastic bandage between the therapy bladder and the skin.
- Adjust the temperature control to the desired level. When the temperature has risen above the desired temperature, refill the reservoir with ice. Drain water if necessary.
- Confirm that water is flowing through the return flow tube at the top of the cooler when the system is on.
How to Use Universal Therapy Bladder?
- Do not turn the system on until all connections are complete and the hose from the cooler to the wrap is free from bends or restrictions.
- Place the bladder over the targeted area with the smooth side toward the skin. Always use this bladder with a protective layer of fabric between the bladder and the skin.
- Use the elastic belt, tab or compression wrap to comfortably hold the bladder in place. Place the bladder on the target body part and hold in place with the elastic strap.
- Connect the bladder tubes to the Active Ice Cold Therapy Machine tubes with the quick connect couplings. Depress the tab on the female coupling first, then press the system coupling into the bladder coupling until you hear a “click” sound. This click is the sound of the couplings connecting and locking into place.
- Be sure the hoses are not restricted or bent, as this will restrict water flow through the entire system.
How to clean Polar Active Ice Cold Therapy System?
Note: It is not possible to remove all of the water from the therapy pad, system and tubing; therefore follow these instructions before extended storage.
- To clean the system after you have finished all of your cold therapy treatments and prior to extended storage, fill the reservoir with water to the fill line and mix in 2 tablespoons of liquid bleach.
- Connect the therapy pad to the system and turn the unit on.
- Allow the water/bleach mixture to circulate for 5 minutes. This will help keep the system clean.
- Turn unit off and unplug the power supply.
- Carefully drain the water and bleach mixture out of the reservoir and wipe dry. Store in a cool dark place leaving the lid slightly open. (Exposure to sunlight and extreme heat may damage hoses and unit.)
- When reusing the unit after extended storage, remove the filter sponge from the pump motor and clean or replace. Then fill the reservoir with clean water, connect the old therapy pad and turn the pump on to circulate the water through the hose and therapy pad and flush remaining water mixture out of the system (use the old therapy pad for this procedure; discard the therapy pad after cleaning is completed). A new therapy pad should be purchased when using the system after extended storage.
- Dispose water and refill the reservoir with fresh ice and water. Follow the operating instructions in this manual before use.
Active Ice 3.0 Operating Instructions
Polar Active 3.0 Ice Machine Specifications
Universal U-Shaped Bladder
10.5" x 12"
Back, Knees, Shoulders, Ankles, Elbows, Calves & Limbs
Universal Rectangular Bladder
12.5" x 22.5"
Post-Surgery cold therapy to the Back, Hips & other large surface areas
12" Heel to Toe, 10" Heel to Ankle
Foot Surgery & Drug-free pain relief
Polar Active Ice 3.0 Warranty
6 Months Warranty - If the unit is within its 180 day warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced with a new unit at no charge.
Polar Active Ice Therapy Reviews