Ultrasorbs AP Premium Disposable Drypad by Medline Features
- Help prevent skin breakdown with a moisture trapping film that protects against leaks, resulting in less frequent full bed linen changes
- Tough and durable with strong backsheet built for Q2 turning, boosting and repositioning protocols for patients up to 300 pounds
- Prevent and manage Moisture-associated skin damage (MASD)
- Does the job of up to 4 regular underpads
- Lay flat when wet with SuperCore technology, without bunching, disintegrating or swelling
- Effective for use with low-air-loss mattress therapy, protects the bedding and permits airflow
- Crinkle-free design is quiet, comfortable and discreet
- Patented super core draws in moisture, locks it away from the skin and feels dry to the touch in just minutes
- Odor control of Medline Ultrasorbs AP Premium Disposable Drypad makes care more pleasant and visits more dignified
- Can manage multiple voids without leaking, minimizing laundry cost
- Advanced polymers help ensure ongoing dryness of skin and reduce friction and shear
- Ultrasorbs Drypads helps improve staff efficiency Fluid Quantity: Maximum
- Exposure Frequency: Continuous
Medline Ultrasorbs Ap Highlights
- Ultra-soft, breathable topsheet for increased patient and resident comfort
- Medline Ultra Absorbent Pads fold-over edges for added protection against leaks
- High-strength backsheet of this Underpad provides exceptional resistance to tearing
- Advanced super absorbent core lies flat when wet without bunching, swelling or disintegrating
- AquaShield film traps moisture for better leakage protection
- High-performing, super-absorbent polymer locks in wetness and odor
- Air-permeable cloth-like backsheet for use with low airloss mattresses, with zero strike through
Importance of Air Permeability in total dry pads
Many patients require the use of specialty support surfaces such as low air-loss mattresses. Using an air-permeable drypad such as Ultrasorbs AP Disposable Underpad helps maximize air circulation, drying the skin and reducing potential maceration from moisture buildup.
Patient and Resident Benefits of Medline Ultrasorbs AP Underpads
- Super absorbent core draws in moisture and locks it away from skin
- Maintains core integrity, reducing friction and shear
- Ultra-soft, non-woven topsheet for greater patient comfort
- Air-permeable backsheet for exceptional skin dryness with zero strike through
- Micro-pore film protects against leakage for fewer linen changes without double-padding
When to use Medline Ultrasorbs ?
- Open airing/incontinence management
- ER/OR for absorbing significant or ongoing fluid loss
- ICU/CCU patients who should not be disrupted
- Any other area where skin dryness is needed
What to buy with Medline Disposable Drypads
Benefits of Ultrasorbs Drypads over Traditional Drypads
Comparison Between Conventional And Ultrasorbs Drypads
- Shield linens and furniture from fluids, but may hold moisture against skin
- Require frequent changing, adding to caregiver workload and laundry costs
- Linen changes are disruptive to ICU/CCU patients who should not be moved more than necessary
- Layering pads for added absorbency increases the sacral pressure
- May ball up or adhere to skin, putting patient at risk for friction and skin shear
- Offer minimal odor control
- Standard disposable pads are less air permeable, preventing heat from escaping
- Wetness, leakage, odor may cause patients discomfort and threaten their dignity
Ultrasorbs Disposable Drypads
- Draw in moisture, lock it away from skin and feel dry to the touch within minutes
- Can manage multiple voids without leaking, minimizing laundry costs
- Do not separate, bunch up or adhere to skin when wet, helping reduce friction and shear
- Offer a soft and low-profile, helping reduce pressure buildup beneath patient body
- Are air permeable for enhanced skin dryness and comfort
- Are effective for use with low air-loss mattresses
- Help improve staff efficiency and reduce laundry costs
- Help enhance patient comfort and preserve patient dignity
10-Minute Test for Dryness:
Ability of a drypad to withstand multiple insults is determined using the “rewet” test. The test is done by pouring 500 milliliters of water onto a drypad, waiting 10 minutes and then measuring how much water returns to the surface. The lower the number, the drier against patient skin.
FAQs About Medline Ultrasorbs Disposable Drypads
How do you use Medline Disposable Drypads?
The pad should be placed underneath or above the linens, depending on personal preference. They're important for absorbing the leaking liquid.
What is the absorbency level of Medline Premium Disposable Drypads?
It has an advanced super absorbent core that wicks moisture away from the skin and offers a dry and comfortable feel.
Is Medline Ultrasorbs Drypads Latex-free?
Yes, this drypad is latex-free and prevents allergic reactions.
What is the material of Medline AP Super Absorbent Premium Drypads?
It has a cloth-like breathable material that feels gentle on the skin.
Medline Ultrasorbs Specifications
|Back sheet Color
||10" x 16", 18" x 24", 23" x 36", 30" x 36"
Medline Disposable Drypad Reviews