How does DFree Incontinence Wearable Device Work?
What does DFree Wearable Device for Incontinence do?
- Notifies when you need to go - DFree predicts urination timing and sends notifications to your phone or tablet.
- Shows how full your bladder is - Whether you are at home or outside, monitor your bladder in real time.
- Keeps track of your bathroom visits - Know the average time in between bathroom visits and how often you need to go.
What does DFree Device include?
What to buy with DFree Incontinence Device
Who can benefit from DFree Bladder Control Device?
DFree wearable bladder scanner for incontinence can help millions of seniors, disabled people and others who need to manage incontinence every day.
DFree can be helpful if you face the following challenges:
- Have difficulty controlling the urge to urinate
- Cannot hold urine to make it to the bathroom
- Worried about overly active bladder and accidents
- Cannot feel the urge to urinate
- Afraid of going outside due to a lack of bladder control
- Worried about bladder control but do not want to rely on pads yet
DFree bladder monitoring wearable device can help you in the following ways:
- Supports independent toileting - DFree supports those who have difficulty going to the toilet on their own. It can help you achieve more independence as well as confidence.
- Helps you live your own life - Having control of your senses is the key to independence and living your life to the fullest with confidence and dignity. Do not let incontinence affect your life.
- Less stress for all - Toilet care can be stressful and burdensome for both caretaker and the care receiver. DFree takes the load off for everyone, bringing more smiles.
DFree Consumer Product Brochure
DFree Professional Product Brochure
How to use DFree Incontinence Device?
Your bladder will expand as you accumulate urine and contract when you urinate. DFree uses ultrasound to measure the size of your bladder and indicates how full it is on a scale of 1-10.
- Place and secure the sensor about 0.5” above the pubis bone.
- Apply gel to the sensor and secure it to the body using a medical tape.
- The wearable device syncs with the app on your phone/tablet to send you notifications when your urinary volume reaches a threshold.
When not to use DFree Toilet Timing Predicting Device?
Ultrasound sensor on DFree may not be able to accurately track and collect data from the bladder with certain types of users. These users may have the following conditions:
- Excessive fat in the lower abdomen area
- Loose or flabby skin in the lower abdomen area
- Scar from previous surgery or injury
- Problems accumulating urine in the bladder
- Prone to rashes from use of medical tape and ultrasound gel
- Underage (6 or younger - bladder may be too small to accurately collect data)
Note: DFree is not a medical device and is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of diseases or medical conditions.
DFree App Compatibility
DFree app currently supports the following devices:
- [iPhone] iPhone 5S or later
- [iPod] iPod Touch 6th gen or later
- [iPad] iPad 5, iPad Air, iPad Mini2, iPad Pro or later
- [Android] phones, tablets
*The DFree app may be downloaded for free from the App Store and Google Play. The app supports iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) running iOS version 11 or later and Android devices (phones, tablets) running Android 4.4 or later. If you have an older version of OS, please be sure to update to the latest version before using the DFree app.
DFree Device Specifications
||Main Unit: 3.27" (W) x 3.15" (D) x 1.30" (H)
Sensor: 2.13" (W) × 1.38" (D) x 0.48" (H)
||Main Unit: 2.56 oz
Sensor: 0.64 oz
||Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
||Approximately 24 hours of use (Fully charged in 4 hours)
|How to wear?
||Apply gel to the sensor and secure it to the body using a medical tape
Products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase.