Features of Ultrasorbs AP Premium Disposable Drypad
- Superior Absorbency: These drypads have a high absorbency capacity, allowing them to quickly and effectively absorb and lock in large volumes of fluid. This feature helps prevent excess moisture from coming into contact with the patient's skin, reduces the risk of skin breakdown and promotes overall skin health
- Moisture Management: The unique air permeable design of these drypads promotes moisture vapor transmission and airflow. This helps to reduce the accumulation of moisture and maintain a drier environment, minimizing the risk of skin maceration and providing a more comfortable experience for the patient
- Skin Protection: By effectively managing moisture,Ultrasorbs Pads help protect the patient's skin from excessive moisture and irritation. This is especially beneficial for individuals with sensitive skin or those at risk of developing pressure ulcers or other skin-related issues
- Odor Control: The absorbent properties of these drypads help in controlling and minimizing unpleasant odors associated with moisture. By effectively trapping and containing fluids, they contribute to a more hygienic and comfortable environment for both patients and healthcare providers.
- Patient Comfort: The soft and gentle materials used in Medline Ultrasorbs Drypads enhance patient comfort. They have a non-woven topsheet that feels smooth against the skin, reducing the risk of irritation and providing a more pleasant experience.
- Convenience and Hygiene: Being disposable, these drypads offer convenience and ease of use. They are designed for single-use and can be easily replaced, promoting a hygienic environment and reducing the risk of cross-contamination.
When to use this Medline Comfort Glide Pads?
- Open-airing incontinence management
- ICU/CCU patients who should not be disrupted/moved more than necessary
- ER for absorbing significant/ongoing fluid loss
- Labor and Delivery Use Low Air Loss Therapy
- Any other area where skin dryness is needed
Bed Pads Technology of Medline Ultrasob Bed Pads
- Fold over edges for added protection against leaks
- Advanced super-absorbent core lies flat when wet without bunching, swelling, or disintegrating
- High-performing, super-absorbent polymer locks in wetness and odor
- Air-permeable cloth-like back sheet for use with low air-loss mattresses, with zero strikes through
- Aquashield film traps moisture for better leakage protection
- High-strength back sheet provides exceptional resistance to tearing
- Ultra-soft and air-permeable materials for comfort and use with specialty mattresses
Benefits for Caregiver
- Micro-pore film protects against leakage for fewer linen changes without double-padding
- Exclusive fold-over edges help prevent fluid overflow
- Compatible with low air-loss mattresses Extra-strong option available for repositioning of individuals weighing up to up to 350-lbs for
How does this work?
Provides a soft feel to product and adds strength/durability
Locks in moisture and provides a dry feeling
Wood pulp fluff
Wicks moisture into product and throughout the core
Allows air flow through the product, but prevents moisture from seeping through
Frequently Bought Together
Comparison between Conventional And Ultrasorbs Drypads
- Shield linens and furniture from fluids, but may hold moisture against skin
- Require frequent changing, adding to caregiver workload and laundry costs
- Linen changes are disruptive to ICU/CCU patients who should not be moved more than necessary
- Layering pads for added absorbency increases the sacral pressure
- May ball up or adhere to skin, putting patient at risk for friction and skin shear
- Offer minimal odor control
- Medline extrasorbs air permeable disposable drypads are less air permeable, preventing heat from escaping
- Wetness, leakage, odor may cause patients discomfort and threaten their dignity
Ultrasorbs Disposable Drypads
- Draw in moisture, lock it away from skin and feel dry to the touch within minutes
- Can manage multiple voids without leaking, minimizing laundry costs
- Do not separate, bunch up or adhere to skin when wet, helping reduce friction and shear
- Offer a soft and low-profile, helping reduce pressure buildup beneath patient body
- Are air permeable for enhanced skin dryness and comfort
- Are effective for use with low air-loss mattresses
- Help improve staff efficiency and reduce laundry costs
- Help enhance patient comfort and preserve patient dignity
10-Minute Test for Dryness:
Ability of a drypad to withstand multiple insults is determined using the “rewet” test. The test is done by pouring 500 milliliters of water onto a drypad, waiting 10 minutes and then measuring how much water returns to the surface. The lower the number, the drier against patient skin.
- Never use more than 1 Ultrasorbs at a time as layering impedes airflow and can create pressure points
- Do not use Ultrasorbs on open wounds or broken skin
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the use of disposable Underpads?
These super absorbent drypads are designed used to protect the mattress from urine damage. The pad is placed above or below the linens (personal preference) and absorbs leaking liquid.
2. How do you use medline ultrasorb pads?
The simplest way is that the pad should be placed underneath or above the linens, depending on personal preference. They're important for absorbing the leaking liquid.
3. What is the material of medline Drypads?
Medline Ultrasorb pads have a super absorbent polymer that locks in wetness and odor.
4. What is the absorbency level of medline ultrasorb air permeable disposable drypads?
It has a super absorbent core that draws moisture away from the skin.
Ultrasorbs Drypads Specifications
||Super Absorbent Polymer
||26" x 36", 30" x 26"
|Back Sheet Color
Medline Ultrasorb Bed Pads Review