Medline Active Liquid Protein Features
- Medline Active Liquid Protein Nutritional Supplement is available in sugar and sugar-free in a variety of flavors
- With better taste and smaller volume, user can experience improved compliance with prescribed dietary needs
- 10gms carbs per serving
- Medline Active Liquid Protein consists of a dual protein source of hydrolyzed collagen and whey protein and is not manufactured with glycerin, a commonly used laxative in many liquid protein formulations.
- A 1-oz. serving of Active Liquid Protein contains 15 to 21 grams of protein, roughly one-quarter of the suggested daily value
- It is easy to use. Active Liquid Protein is in liquid form, there is no need for mixing. Its easy to add Active Liquid Protein to hot or cold food or beverages or to administer it orally or via feeding tube
- Ready-to-use liquid form for oral consumption or tube feeding
Why choose Active Liquid Protein Nutritional Supplement?
When diet alone is not enough, our Active Liquid Protein with high protein content helps residents and patients get back to being themselves. Adequate protein intake plays an important role in improving many conditions commonly found in the elderly. Protein deficiency contributes to:
- Increased skin fragility
- Decreased immune function
- Poorer healing
- Longer recuperation from illness in older adults
Patients who test for poor nutrition when they are admitted to the ICU may benefit most significantly from greater protein and energy intake, especially during longer ICU stays.
Inadequate protein intake can also adversely affect wound healing:
- Protein deficiency has been shown to contribute to poor wound healing rates with reduced collagen formation and can result in wounds rupturing along the surgical incision.
- High wound exudate loss can result in a deficit of as much as 100 grams of protein in one day. This subsequently needs to be replaced with a high protein diet.
What to buy with Medline Nutritional Supplement
- This product contains milk and whey isolate
- Contains phenylalanine and should not be used by phenylketonurics
- Keep out of reach of children
- Not for use by infants, children under age 4, or pregnant or lactating women
- Keep out of the reach of children
- If tamper resistant seal is broken do not use the product
- Do not drink from the bottle or unit dose packs
- This is medical food
- Consult your healthcare professional on use of this product
- Active Liquid Protein is not a sole source for nutrition and should not be used for weight reduction
- Do not refrigerate
- Shelf stable
- 3-month shelf life from date opened