What does MICKey Gastric Tube include?
- (1) MIC-KEY Low-Profile Feeding Tube
- (1) MIC-KEY extension set with SECUR-LOK right angle connector and 2 port Y and clamp 12" length (for continuous feeding)
- (1) MIC-KEY bolus extension set with cath tip, SECUR-LOK straight connector and clamp 12" length (for bolus feeding)
- One 6ml syringe
- One 35ml catheter tip syringe
- (4) gauze pads
- (1) Directions for use
- (1) Patient care guide
MIC KEY Low Profile Gastrostomy Feeding Tube Features
- Mic-Key Gastrostomy Feeding Tube is latex free and sterile
- Less cumbersome than conventional gastrostomy tubes for active patients
- Proximal anti-reflux valve
- Ventilated secur-lok ring, the external retention mechanism designed to allow air to circulate around the stoma site and reduce tube pressure 360º from the sides of the stoma wall
- Radiopaque stripe
- Patented universal connector, designed to preserve tube life and minimize unintentional disconnects
- Mic-Key 20FR Low-Profile Gastrostomy Feeding Tube Kit is a step up from conventional gastrostomy feeding tubes
- Highly popular and widely prescribed and easy to conceal, making it an ideal feeding tube for virtually all individuals
- For single use
When to use MIC KEY Gastrotomy Feeding Tube?
The MIC-KEY Low-Profile Feeding Tubes are indicated for use in patients who require enteral feeding, are unable to tolerate oral feeding, require gastric decompression and/or medication delivery directly into either the stomach, distal to the stomach, distal duodenum or proximal jejunum (tube types vary from G, J, TJ/ GJ & GE depending on what medical professional has prescribed/placed).
Customers Also Bought
How to use Mic Key Low Profile Gastrostomy Feeding Tube 20 Fr?
- Attach - To start, attach the MIC-KEY G Extension Set into the MIC-KEY G feeding port by matching the black lines on the extension set and feeding port. Push the extension set down firmly and “lock” it into place by turning the connector CLOCKWISE until you feel a slight resistance (approximately three-quarters turn).
Note - Do not turn the connector past the stop point. It is important to keep the extension set “locked” into place during feeding.
- Flush - Next, flush your MIC-KEY G Extension Set with water. Use either extension set to flush.
- Begin - Now begin enteral feeding.
- For bolus feeding - Attach a bolus syringe filled with your preferred nutrition
- For continuous feeding- Attach a feeding set to a feeding pump with your preferred nutrition in the bag
How to remove Extension Set From MIC Tube?
- Disconnect the extension set from the MIC-KEY G feeding tube port by rotating it COUNTER-CLOCKWISE until the black line on the feeding port lines up with the black line on the extension set
- Gently detach the extension set and cap the MIC-KEY G Feeding Tube securely with the attached feeding port tube cover
- It is recommended to connect only MIC-KEY Extension Set to the MIC-KEY G Feeding Tube
- To avoid damage, do not insert medication or nutrition directly into the feeding port valve without the use of an extension set
- Flush the feeding tube and extension sets before and after every use to prevent clogging
How to care for MICKEY Gastric Tube?
Cleaning And Caring of MIC-KEY G-Tube for Stoma Site -
- Wash hands thoroughly with warm, soapy water before touching the feeding tube
- Clean the skin around and under MIC-KEY G feeding tube daily using mild soap, water, and a soft lint-free cloth or cotton-tipped applicator
Note - Avoid puncturing or tearing any part of the tube or extension sets
MIC-KEY G Tube & Port Care -
- Clean the external portion of the feeding tube
- Be careful not to pull or manipulate the tube excessively
- Make sure both your tube and stoma are kept clean and dry
Tips for using MIC-KEY 20FR Low-profile G-tube
- To avoid a “balloon burst” use your MIC-KEY G Feeding Tube, as indicated in the Instructions for Use (IFU)
- To avoid damage, always use the correct equipment. Only use the extensions sets as instructed by a clinician. Only use a syringe for its intended purpose.
- Replace extension sets as per the IFU.
- Only use sterile or distilled water to fill your balloon.
- A medical professional will determine the proper length of the tube by using a stoma measuring device and then recommend the proper length. If there are issues with the tube, stoma or significant weight is gained or lost, contact your care team. A new measurement could be required.
- The external base of the feeding tube should rest just above the skin surface. A good fit is considered 1 to 2 mm above the skin, about the thickness of a dime. If the external base is sitting too low or high, contact your clinician to see if you need to be re-measured.
- Refer to the IFU or the first page of this guide for the inflation volumes of your balloon. It will vary based on tube size.
- Only use water-soluble lubricant.
- The MIC-KEY G Feeding Tube features an anti-reflux valve, located toward the top of the feeding port. When you attach the extension set, this valve is opened to allow feeding. It is important to keep both the feeding port and the anti-reflux valve clean with proper flushings.
- To avoid valve damage, do not insert medication or nutrition directly into the feeding port valve.
Contraindications - Contraindications for placement of a feeding tube include, but are not limited to ascites, colonic interposition, portal hypertension, peritonitis, and morbid obesity.
Mickey Feeding Tubes User Manual
MIC-KEY Low-Profile G-tube Kit Reviews