Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack Features
- Reusable hot therapy pads to effectively treat pain caused by muscle strains, muscle spasms, arthritis, back problems, joint pain, and other injuries.
- Choose from seven different therapy pads of ranging sizes, designed to fit every body contour and personalize use to be most effective for the problem area One use provides up to 30 minutes of all natural moist heat for a deep, permeating relief of pain in select areas.
- Easy to use by simply placing Hotpac into your Hydrocollator heating unit or microwave/stovetop, applying to affected area, and adjusting placement with brown pull tabs.
- Terry cloth covers offered for ultimate comfort against skin and durability in repeated use.
- Standard and Cervical Hotpac Sets include a terry cloth cover.
What to buy with Hydrocollator Hot Packs?
Benefits of Hydrocollator Moist Heat HotPac
Soothing Pain Relief
Hydrocollator Moist Heat HotPacs are the perfect way to provide soothing, therapeutic pain relief to many problem areas, including but not limited to: the neck, shoulders, and knees. They are an ideal solution in both clinical and in-home settings because they are so easy, versatile, and effective in use. While doctors and therapists can utilize them as treatment in office, patients and injured persons can readily use the heat packs at home for convenient, moist heat pain relief.
Made to Fit
The HotPacs are offered in a range of seven sizes, all designed to adequately provide heat therapy to various parts and accommodate body contours. The Standard Size, Oversized, and both Spinal Sized HotPacs are rectangular in shape with varying dimensions. The Knee/Shoulder HotPac features a hole in the middle to allow for easy draping among large contours, while the Neck Contour features a U-shape to follow the body’s curve so that users can get ultimate pain relief with every use.
Moist Heat HotPacs are designed to last through hundreds of uses, making them an optimal solution for recurring pain. This product can be used time and time again when stored and heated properly. The HotPacs are made to accompany the Hydrocollator Heating Unit in clinical use; however, they can be heated at home using the stovetop or microwave. After heating, cover with Terry Cover or towels and apply to the problem area for up to 30 minutes.
How to use Hydrocollator Moist Hot Pack?
To Prepare Hot Packs for First Use Only
- Place HotPac in a large pan. Enameled or stainless steel is recommended, as some aluminum pans discolor.
- Cover pack completely with tap water and soak for 2 hours.
- This soaking procedure is only required with a new HotPac.
To heat HotPac for Clinical use
- Place HotPac in Hydrocollator Heating Unit. (Completely cover with water.)
To heat HotPac for Home use
- Place HotPac in a large pan. (Enameled or stainless steel is recommended, as some aluminum pans discolor.)
- Completely cover HotPac with water and increase temperature until water temperature reaches 160° F (71° C).
- The HotPac should remain in the 160° F (71° C) water for 20 minutes before it is ready to be used for treatment.
- Place HotPac in a microwave safe container and cover completely with water.
- Place container in microwave and heat at full power until water temperature reaches 160° F (71° C).
How to Apply Hydrocollator Moist Hot Pack?
- Carefully remove HotPac from water using tabs.
- Place HotPac in a Hydrocollator Terry Cover (purchased separately) with several layers of dry terry toweling between HotPac and skin.
- The steam from the HotPac will penetrate the layers of toweling.
- To vary the heat intensity, increase or decrease the number of toweling layers.
How to Store Hot Pack Between Uses?
For Frequent, Regular Use:
- Keep HotPac in a covered pan of water. Reheat to 160° F (71° C) water temperature when needed.
For Infrequent Use:
- Place HotPac in a sealed plastic bag and store in the freezer section of the refrigerator.
- To reheat frozen HotPac, remove from plastic bag and follow heating instructions.
Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack User Manual