DonJoy Knee Osteoarthritis Brace Features
- Silicone web technology for soft, comfortable support
- Breathable, open framework
- Soft silicone condyle pad
- Patented silicone web design to provide shock absorption and mild offload
- Includes undersleeve
Donjoy OA Reaction Web Knee Brace - Instructions for Safer Use
Before using this device, please read the following instructions completely and carefully. Correct application is vital to the proper functioning of the device.
- Intended user profile: The user should be able to read and understand the directions, warnings and cautions.
- Intended use/indications: Aid moderate to severe uni-compartmental osteoarthritis of the knee and patella, and post-operative rehabilitation.
- Contraindications: None
- Material contents: Aluminum, nylon, silicone, lycra, stainless steel, polypropylene, Polylactic Acid (PLA).
- Separate the brace’s removable pads before cleaning.
- Hand washed in water (86°f/30°c) using soap. Air dry.
Note: While every effort has been made in the state of art techniques to obtain the maximum compatibility of function, strength, durability, and comfort, this device is only one element in the overall treatment program administered by a medical professional. There is no guarantee that injury will be prevented through the use of this product.
OA Reaction TriFit Web Patient Application
- Pull-on the optional sleeve.
- Unlace straps from d-rings.
- In a seated position, bend the leg at about 20 degrees. Lay web over the top of the knee joint, centering web over the patella (knee cap). Ensure hinge is placed at the center of the knee joint. The hinge on the affected side of the brace will lie slightly anterior towards the patella, giving the impression that the brace is rotated. This is the intended design of the brace.
- Feed all four straps through d-rings and secure. Adjust straps as needed for a snug fit.
- Optional Custom Fit with heat packs – If required, else skip to step 6.
- Peel off wax paper backing from heat packs and apply to thigh and calf cuffs.
- Pull off PEEL AWAY tab to start heat. Let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Peel off heat pack; Mold thigh and Calf cuffs to leg. Adjust straps to allow cuffs to custom form to leg.
- Press BOA in and rotate to tension web for micro fit adjustments.
- To unfasten brace, first pull out BOA to release then unstrap brace.
Off-Loading Hinge Adjustment
- Place off-loading hinge on the edge of a table.
- Place the thigh upright on the edge of the table about 1” above the hinge and press downward on the calf portion of the upright to create a bend in the upright.
- Repeat on the lower (calf) portion if necessary.
NOTE: Ensure patient has comfortable amount of pressure from the off-loading hinge.
What to buy with DJO Global OA Reaction Brace
Donjoy OA Reaction Web Brace Specification Table
||13" - 15Â½"
||15Â½" - 18Â½"
||18Â½" - 21"
||21" - 23Â½"
||23Â½" - 26Â½"
||26Â½" - 29Â½"
||29Â½" - 32"