Bestmove Manual Stand Aid Transfer Unit Features
- Bestcare Bestmove Manual Stand Aid Transfer fits through narrow door ways
- 400lb safe working load (depending on girth)
- Quick transport functions require minimal caregiver assistance
- Padded seat for safe transports
- Dual knee pads for secure transports
- Option support strap available
- Affordable alternative to electric stand assists
- Excellent alternative to wheelchairs for toileting
Note: Bestmove is designed for residents that have the strength and stability to lift and support themselves. For residents with limited strength and stability an electric stand assist is recommended.
Bestmove Stand Assist Aid Manual
What to buy with Bestmove STA400 Stand Aid Transfer Unit
What does Bestmove Standing Transfer Aid used for?
The BestMove standing transfer aid is suitable for the following types of transfers:
- Bed to Chair/Wheelchair
- Bed/Chair/Wheelchair to commode
- Room to Room
How to assemble Bestmove Spryte Manual Stand Aid?
- Place the base assembly on the floor and lock casters in place for ease of assembly.
- Insert the kneepads into the support bar and secure them in place with bolts and washers(A2 + A5 + A4)
- Cover the two bolt heads with black plastic caps (A7) to complete kneepad assembly.
- Install the knee-pad assembly between the two side support arms as shown. Fasten in place with four carriage bolts, nuts and washers.
- Insert the two cross bars into the holes on the seat and handle bar support units.
- Line up the small holes on the underside of the tubes with the holes in the support units.
- Use the 4 hex screws (A3)with Allen key (T2) to tighten the completed assembly
- Insert the kneepad side support assembly into the base slots and then insert the seat assembly into the kneepad and side support assembly.
- Use the remaining 4 carriage bolt assemblies to securely fasten the two sub assemblies to the base unit.All of the square shoulders of the bolts should be on the inside and the washers and lock nuts on the outside.(A1 + A4 +A5 +A6)
Operating Bestmove Manual Stand-Up Lift
- Raise the two split seat units up and parallel to the side of the BestMove.
- Have the patient positioned at the edge of the surface and move the standing transfer aid in front of the patient so that their feet are firmly on the platform and knees/shins are in contact with the two cupped knee/shin pads.
- Lock the casters by stepping on the caster clip and pushing down.
- Have the patient grasp the cross bar closest to them and using their own strength pull themselves up into a standing position firmly on the platform.
- Lower both of the split seat units down into position to form a complete seat.
- Have the patient lower themselves down onto the seat while keeping their knees/shins in the knee/shin pads and while still holding the cross bar with both hands.
- Unlock the casters and place both hands on the cross bar furthest from the patient and move the standing transfer aid to the new surface. Make sure the patient is secure and in proper position as described in Step 6 above prior and during transfer.
Bestmove Manual Stand Aid Precautions
- Only qualified caregivers familiar with the proper use of the Spryte should attempt to transfer patients.
- Patients unable to pull themselves upright and support their own weight should not be transported with a Stand Aid.
- Never attempt to transfer a patient whose weight exceeds the safe load limit.
- Prior to a transfer check the Bestmove to insure all components are properly and securely assembled and in working order.
- Do not leave a patient unattended during any part of the transport.
Maintenance and Inspection
The BestMove Standing Transfer Aid is a manual unit and therefore requires minimal maintenance on an ongoing basis. However to insure safety and proper use the following steps should be taken on a monthly basis.
- Check all bolt/nut assemblies to make sure they are tight and no wear and tear is evident. Replace and tighten any worn assemblies prior to using the unit.
- Check the two seat assemblies to make sure they are not worn or damaged and that the bolts are tight. Replace any worn or damaged seat components before using the device.
- Check the casters to make sure they are in working order and are secured firmly to the unit. Replace any worn or damaged casters prior to using the BestMove.
|Unit Net Weight
||Product or Component
|Three (3) Years
||Patient lift frame or spreader bar
|Two (2) Years
||Actuator, control box, pendant, charger, weigh scale, Stand Aids ( all components of STA400 & STA450), or casters excluding normal tread wear
|One (1) Year
||Battery or hydraulic pump
|Six (6) Months
||Reusable fabric slings
Click Here For Bestcare Detailed Warranty Information