Hydrofera Blue Classic Antibacterial Wound Dressing Features
- Safe and effective moist wound dressing
- Provides a moist wound environment
- Compatible for use with enzymatic debriders
- Physically binds harmful endotoxins to the dressing and helps in providing patient comfort
- Helps maintain moisture balance
- Does not harm growth factors
- Provides antibacterial protection against microorganisms commonly found in wounds, like MRSA and VRE
- Non-cytotoxic foam dressing
Hydrofera Blue Wound Care Benefits
Management of bioburden, removal of devitalized tissue and maintaining moisture balance is important for successful wound management. Hydrofera Blue Antibacterial dressings provide all these in a single dressing.
- Bioburden Management: Two well-known organic pigments, gentian violet and methylene blue offer broad-spectrum antibacterial protection.
- Autolytic Debridement: Use of Hydrofera dressings promotes autolytic debridement.
- Moisture Management: PVA micro-pore foam structure absorbs and retains fluid. It becomes soft and flexible when moistened and maintains absorbency similar to other highly absorptive dressings.
- Edge Effect: This dressing assists in the resolution of epibole or flattening of wound edges.
When to use Hydrofera Blue Classic Dressing?
Hydrofera Blue wound dressing can be used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Superficial burns
- Donor sites
- Post-surgical incisions
- Trauma wounds
Hydrofera Blue Classic Application Guide
Hydrofera Blue Safety Data Sheet
What to Buy With Hydrofera Blue Foam Dressing?
How to use Hydrofera Blue Classic Dressing?
- Hydrate the Hydrofera Blue Classic antibacterial foam dressing with sterile saline or sterile water.
- Squeeze out excess fluid.
- Hydrofera Blue Dressing may be cut to fit the wound bed.
- If rolled edges are present, the dressing should cover both the wound and peri-wound area.
- Cover the dressing with a secondary dressing.
- Selection of secondary dressing is based on exudate level.
||4. Dressing Changes:
- Change the first dressing at 24 hours.
- If the dressing retained its blue color, the new dressing can be left in place for up to 72 hours.
- If the dressing turned white or lightened in color, continue 24-hour dressing changes until blue color is retained.
||5. Moisture Balance:
- As with many wound care dressings, moisture balance is key. If the dressing is dry, thoroughly re-moisten with sterile saline or water.
- Then gently remove the dressing.
Precautions while using Hydrofera Blue Dressings for wounds
- Eye contact is not considered a potential route of exposure. If in eyes, rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists, get medical advice/attention
- Inhalation is not considered a potential route of exposure. Move to fresh air in case of accidental inhalation. If symptoms persist, get medical attention.
- Ingestion is not considered a potential route of exposure. If this occurs, call a physician or poison control center for advice.
Hydrofera Blue Contraindications
- Hydrofera dressings should not be used on third-degree burns
Hydrofera Blue Classic Dressing Reviews