A Shower chair is a specially designed chair for patients, the elderly, and bariatric individuals in the shower. They make the bathing experience comfortable and relaxing. Using a bath bench reduces the risk of falling in the bathroom. These chairs make life easy for both the user and the caregiver. Chairs for showering are lightweight, comfortable, and include safety features to ensure protection in the bath. These features include anti-slip handgrips, health-grade rust-proof material, suction cups for firm grip, sturdy construction, and more. Be sure to find shower chairs that will suit your individual needs at HPFY. Browse through our intensive catalog today!
Why choose a Shower Bench?
- Helps Improve safety: A bath bench is useful for elderly patients who have a risk of falling and cannot stand for a long time. Using a bath chair helps to increase safety by decreasing the chance of you falling by providing a secure area in a slippery shower or bath.
- Makes you independent: There are a variety of shower bench seats, and some contain wheels that help you to get to the tub. It makes you independent and makes you free to get access to bathing without the help of a caregiver for your support.
- Helps Maintain Hygiene: Patients with limited mobility often find it difficult to get access to many places on their own. When it comes to bathing, it becomes challenging for them. To resolve this problem, the shower bench seat makes it convenient for the elderly to take a shower and thus helps maintain hygiene with an easy bathing experience.
Types of Bath Chairs
There are several types of bath seats designed to cater to adults and children alike. The types include shower stools, shower benches, mounted chairs, shower seats for bathtubs, removable shower seats, fold-away shower seats, padded shower bath chairs, shower chairs with arms, shower seats with/without back, bariatric bath chairs, and also wheeled/rolling bath chairs.
- Standard Shower Chair or Shower Bench - These are basic shower bench seats with or without a backrest. They have slip-resistant rubber tips and height adjustable legs. The plastic bath bench has firm and sturdily-built shower seats, while the teak shower benches are perfect for the shower room, steam room, or sauna. The standard bath chair or shower bench can fit even into narrow bath areas, taking up little space.
- Shower Stools - Can be accommodated in small spaces and narrow shower stalls. Usually, without a backrest, these shower stools can fit into places where a bath chair will not go. Built to be sturdy and comfortable, the anti-slip tips or suction cups keep the shower stools firmly rooted to the floor of the bathtub or shower area. There are swivel seats and non-swivel shower stools.
- Bath Chairs with Wheels - They provide freedom to those with restricted mobility. These chairs are equipped with wheels that offer wheeled access to the shower or commode. There are rolling chairs, rolling commode and shower chairs, self-propelled shower and commode chairs, moving reclining shower and commode chairs, rolling chairs with seat belts, rolling shower, and transfer chairs, rolling shower seats with an open-front commode seat, and more.
- Folding Shower Chair - A safe and straightforward solution, fold-away chairs are the standard variety with a folding option. They are lightweight and can easily be assembled without the need for tools. Folding bath chairs make for easy storage and portability.
- Bariatric Chair for Shower - These are specially designed items because they are built to accommodate a generous body weight. They have slip-resistant seats to ensure safety in the bath, anti-slip handgrips to allow for comfortable sitting down and getting up, and durable, rust-proof construction.
- Pediatric Bath Chair for Shower - They are meant to make the bathing experience pleasant, safe, and stable for young ones. All sharp points are eliminated from the chairs, allowing secure patient transfers to and from the commode. Pediatric bathroom chairs are built to be lightweight, comfortable, and convenient. A rust-proof construction ensures protection from water while offering maximum support.
- Shower Seat without Back - They make maneuvering easy with quick and convenient storage and portability. These chairs are made of rust-proof material and have a sturdy framework.
- Shower Chair with Back - These are ideal for weak or ill people who need support in the bath. The backrest provides a comfortable and safe bathing experience.
How to use a Shower Seat?
- Place the chair in the tub or shower stall
- Make sure that the bath seat is stable. Put an anti-slip mat underneath for more protection.
- Remove obstructions that can topple and hurt someone or cause them to slip.
- Alter the chair’s height so it can be used for standing and sitting.
- Sit in the center of the chair, never on edge.
Where to buy a Shower Chair Online?
Bath Bench and Shower Chairs are designed to ensure the safety of the person using the toilet for the shower. It makes bathing easier for people at risk of falling or slipping and those who cannot stand for a long time. At Health Products for You, you get a wide range of shower seats that makes the bathing experience pleasant and comfortable for the elderly, bariatric patients, and caregivers in the shower. We bring them from top-selling manufacturers like MJM International, Healthline Medical, Patterson Medical, and more.
Our Best-Selling Bath Chair for Shower
Read About Bath Safety Products
Frequently asked questions
Chairs that are designed for use in the bathroom are robust, well made and suitable for long term use in wet conditions. Therefore you should have no issues with the chairs quality for long term use.
Sometimes, due to an injury, handicap or just age getting in and out of the bath can become a difficult and potentially hazardous experience. In such cases you can use the shower chair
to shower without strain or undue effort.
Wall mounted chairs are convenient when there is lack of enough space in the bathroom. The wall-mounted shower chairs come with many options including the easy height adjustability, and to fold away when they are not required.
A shower stool can bear upto 250 lbs weight safely.
A shower stool will fit into a shower as narrow as 13 inches.
In order to clean the shower chair wipe down with wet cloth and mild soap or disinfectant. Then let it air dry.