What is an Overbed Table used for?
People who are confined to bed at home or in the hospital will benefit from an overbed table. These tables can be used to store essentials such as medicines, books, TV remote control, etc., for easy access. An overbed table will allow you to eat, read, use a computer and perform other activities without getting out of bed.,
Bedside rolling table is a staple in hospitals, nursing homes, and other medical facilities. Most over bed tables come with wheels allowing you to roll the table away as needed. HPFY hosts high-quality hospital bed tables from various top-selling manufacturers like Medline Industries, Vive Health, Clinton Industries, and many more.
Benefits of Hospital Bed Table
There are various benefits of using overbed tables. Some of them are stated below:
- Easy Recovery from Surgery: Surgeries like knee or back surgery stuck the people in bed, making it difficult for them to move and enjoy their routine life. It is important during the recovery stage that people feel as comfortable as possible both physically and mentally for faster healing. In such cases, overbed tables prove to be useful as they provide a convenient space for carrying on majority of daily activities like reading, eating, working on laptop, and storing books and magazines, etc.
- Work as a Standing Desk: Overbed tables can also work as standing desks. Standing desks help burn calories, reduce back pain and lower blood sugar levels as compared to sitting down desks. Moving on to hospital overbed tables for working can provide all above mentioned benefits. For a break, user can adjust the table height for use over a chair.
- Ideal for Challenging Environments: Overbed tables are generally constructed of wood, metal and other durable materials. These durable materials help the overbed tables hold up in high-use, challenging environments. They prevent peeling, scratching and rolling off of table surface. Overbed tables can be easily maintained using common cleaning products.
- Easy to Adjust: Overbed tables with adjustable settings make it easy for them to adapt to customized user needs. They can be raised to accommodate a hospital bed or lowered down to accommodate a patient sitting in a chair. There are trays that can be tilted and locked in place to provide more space to the users.
- Useful During Pregnancy: Being on bed rest during pregnancy can sometimes be frustrating. The best way to survive bed rest is to keep oneself comfortable and busy with routine activities. Reading, eating, working on laptop, etc. can be done with great ease by using overbed tables. Their adjustable trays provide convenient space to store personal belongings within reach and maintain some independence.
- Quick and Easy Assembly: Simple and straight forward designs of overbed tables make them easy to assemble. Step by step instructions are included to eliminate the need for professional assemblers. Table pieces securely lock in place for efficient use and to ensure stability.
Usually, these tables feature a rectangular table-top and a four-wheeled base that slides under the bed. There are tilt options, right or left hand use adjustments, height variations, etc. to accommodate various user needs. Hospital overbed table with drawer provides an extra space for storing items that frequently come in use. Some of the popular overbed tables are Amfab Economy Overbed Table, Amfab Executive II Split Top Overbed Table, Drive Low Overbed Table, Invacare Tilt Top Overbed Table, etc.
Things to consider while choosing a Bedside Tray Table
- Height adjustability: The majority of overbed tables offer height adjustability to provide varying tabletop levels for the different purposes of the user. Height adjustments are easily made with spring-loaded mechanisms or twist knobs, locking into place to provide a stable tabletop surface.
- Portability: An overbed table should be easy to move around the room or house as needed. Most overbed tables have wheels, making it easier to move around as needed. It is important to look for wheels that can lock to prevent the table from sliding away, which can lead to injuries and falls.
- Tabletop: Some overbed tables come with a tilt-top surface which can tilt at an angle to make reading books or working on laptops easier. Some tabletops can even move up and down or swivel for added convenience. Tabletops come in a U-shape, H-shape or C-shape. Choose one which feels best for you and the bed over which you will place it.
- Weight capacity: Most standard overbed tables can accommodate up to 200 pounds and fit over most regular and hospital beds. Bariatric or heavy-duty overbed tables can accommodate up to 500 pounds and are sized larger to fit over bariatric beds.
Where to buy the Overbed Table online?
Health Products For You carries an extensive range of sturdy and durable hospital overbed tables from leading vendors, such as Amfab, Drive Medical, Dynarex, Graham-Field, etc., at the best prices. Shop now!
Read more about Hospital Bedside Tabl