What are Bathroom Grab Bars And Safety Rails?
Bathroom grab bars and safety rails are important safety devices designed to prevent falls and provide support for individuals with mobility and balance issues in the bathroom. These devices are typically installed in areas where slips and falls are common, such as near toilets, tubs, and showers. The frail and the elderly, children, bariatric, and those with a disability find these helpful.
Grab bars are typically made of metal or sturdy plastic and are designed to be mounted securely to the wall. They provide a stable and secure surface to hold onto while getting in and out of the bathtub or shower or while sitting down or standing up from the toilet.
Safety rails, on the other hand, are freestanding devices that can be placed beside the toilet or bathtub to provide additional support and stability. They typically have adjustable legs and can be customized to fit the individual's height and needs.
A slip or a fall in the bathroom can have hazardous consequences; therefore, bathroom grab bars and safety rails are essential items in a bathroom for those with limited mobility, limited range of motion, or frail health. At HPFY, you will find grab bars and safety rails of varying types to suit your needs. Browse our extensive collection today!
Types of Grab Bars
- Wall grab bars are designed to assist during a bath or when using a commode. They are made of high-quality, heavy-duty steel tubing and offer safety and stability.
- Tub grab bars are fixed to the sides of the bathtub in such a manner that the user can grab them to pull in and out of the tub. These shower safety bars have a locking device to keep them securely attached to the bathtub. Some have multiple grip areas on the handle to provide a non-slip comfort grip to make bathing safer and more comfortable, like the Drive Clamp On Tub Rail
- Knurled grab bars have a knurled finish to provide a firm grasping surface even when wet. These are sturdy stainless steel, rust-proof construction, and include flexibility of horizontal or vertical mounting, grab bar, and horizontal pivoting/locking bar.
- Suction cup grab handles feature two suction cups designed to adhere to most smooth, non-porous surfaces. These shower suction grab handles do not require tools for installation and can be attached without the need to drill holes in the wall. Made of high-quality material that will not rust, these shower suction grab handles are portable and can conveniently be carried around.
- Curved shower grab bars provide multiple gripping options at different heights for the user. Standing and sitting are made easy. They are made of rust-resistant zinc-plated steel and are an excellent option for all bathroom safety needs.
- Security poles provide flexible gripping options from the floor to the ceiling. So standing, sitting, climbing stairs, or transferring is made easy with this grip bar which is made of heavy-duty, durable steel.
Types of Safety Rails for Bathrooms
- Tub safety rails that have an easy-to-adjust locking mechanism and gripping surfaces to allow easy and safe entry and exit from the bathtub.
- Toilet handrails are designed to assist users to sit and stand safely. They are fixed to the floor and built to withstand great weight. They allow the elderly and ill people to lead a more independent lifestyle.
- Toilet safety frames are designed to provide complete protection to the user from accidental falls as well as fool-proof assistance when sitting down and standing up. The frames are height adjustable and have armrests for added comfort.
- Shower support rails have solid construction and mounting and are safe for use in a wet environment. An option is available for wall or floor mounting in safety rails for showers.
How to Choose the Best Bathroom Safety Rails?
- Choose bathroom grab bars and safety rails made of sturdy and durable materials such as stainless steel, chrome, or brass. These materials are rust-resistant, easy to clean, and can support your weight.
- The size of the grab bar or safety rail should fit the space available in your bathroom. Make sure to measure the area where you want to install them to ensure a proper fit.
- Weight capacity:
- Ensure that the grab bar or safety rail you choose can support your weight. Check the weight capacity before purchasing.
- Consider the placement of the grab bar or safety rail. It should be installed in a location where it can provide support for your balance and stability, such as near the shower or bathtub and next to the toilet.
- Choose a style that matches the décor of your bathroom. There are various styles and finishes available, such as brushed nickel, polished chrome, and oil-rubbed bronze.
- Make sure that the grab bars and safety rails are properly installed. It is recommended to hire a professional to install them to ensure they are securely attached to the wall and can support your weight.
By considering these factors, you can choose the appropriate grab bars and safety rails for your bathroom and increase safety and accessibility in your daily life.
Our Best-Selling Grab Bars and Bathroom Rails
Where to Buy Bathroom Grab Bars and Safety Rails Online?
At HPFY, you will get different types of grab bars and bathroom safety rails with specific models to choose from. The collection includes safety rails for showers, shower safety bars, shower suction grab handles, bath handrails, support bars for the bathroom, and handicap toilet grab bars. Buy from top manufacturers of HPFY like Patterson, Drive Medical, and Homecraft Medical.
Other Useful Links