Vive Metal Grab Bar Features
- Stabilizing Support: Safely provides added stability in the bathroom, shower or tub
- Versatile Positioning: Secure vertically, horizontally or diagonally for optimal support in any location
- Stainless Steel Construction: Supporting up to 440 pounds, the grab bar is made with stainless steel for exceptional durability
- Stylish Finish: Seamlessly blending with any decor, the metal grab bar is available in a smooth brushed nickel, white or bronze satin finish
- Install on most surfaces: Safely install with included mounting hardware on fiberglass, acrylic, drywall and plaster walls, or on ceramic tiles with additional mounting hardware
- Concealed Mount: Includes decorative flanges to hide mounting hardware for a sleek appearance
Vive Metal Grab Bars User Manual
What to buy with Vive Long Grab Bar
How to install Vive Grab Bars Bath Safety Handles?
- Using the stud finder, locate both edges of the studs behind your wall and mark them using a pencil. Studs are typically spaced 16 inches apart from center to center. This is where you will mount your grab bar. If you are mounting a 12" or 24" grab bar it is recommended to only diagonally or vertically not recommended to mount a grab bar unless mounting both sides into a stud.
- Use mashing tape to cover 4" x 4" area around the marked studs where you plan to mount the grab bar. Masking tape keeps the wall free from markings, makes easier to drill on slippery surfaces, and helps to prevent tile cracking.
- Pull back the covers from the grab bar to expose the mounting flanges. Once this lock, they lock permanently. Position the flanges over the marked studs all 3 screw holes over the stud to ensure a secure installation.
- Holding the grab bar in the desired position, ensue the grab bar is straight or angled properly by using a level. Ensure the grab bar is also of the correct height before proceeding.
- Once you are sure the grab bar is positioned properly use a pencil to mark the locations where the screws will be drilled. Please remember that a minimum of 2 of the 3 screws on each side must be mounted into a wooden stud.
- Using a 1/8th inch drill bit that is suitable for the material you are drilling in, drill in the plot holes. Do not use a drill bit for a different material than you are installing into, as it may damage the surface.
- Remove the masking tape from the wall.
- Caulk the back of the flanges on the grab bar before mounting for added strength and water resistance.
- If you are using wall anchored screws, fit the anchor into the hole and lightly top it into the hole until its flush will the wall. Do not install stud-mounted screws before wall anchors Mount one standard screw through the flange on one side of the bar. Into a hole dared it the stud. and secure A halfway into the hole to allow for positioning adjustments if needed.
- Repeat Step 10 on the other sale of the bar, and secure both screws tightly. Install and fully secure the rest of the screws into the holes drilled to the studs until flush with the metal flange around them.
- If you are using wall anchored screws, you can now secure the screws into the wall anchors.
- Test the grab bar by applying moderate pressure. Slide the covers over the mounting flanges and twist clockwise to lock in place if you are certain you are happy with the placement and secureness of your grab bar.
How to clean Grab Bar?
- Wipe down with a damp cloth and a mild disinfectant solution or disinfectant wipe
- Dry immediately with a lint-free cloth
FAQs About Vive Long Grab Bar
Can I install this on my fiberglass tub surround?
Yes, the metal grab bar is suitable for fiberglass or acrylic surrounds as well as plaster or drywall. With additional hardware the grab bar can also be mounted on ceramic tile surrounds.
How much weight will it hold? Is it a true grab bar or only a stabilizer?
It is a sturdy metal grab bar providing additional stability and securely supporting up to 440 pounds.
Can the grab bar be installed with screws or with suction cups?
The grab bar can only be installed with screws and wall anchors where appropriate.
Does the metal grab bar include screws for installing it?
Yes! The metal grab bar includes six 2” screws and six wall anchors suitable for installing on most surfaces.
Should the grab bar be placed horizontally or vertically?
The metal grab bar can be placed in any position, horizontally, vertically or diagonally for optimal support in the desired location.
Is this grab bar only for the bathroom?
No, the grab bar can be installed on wall surface for additional support where needed.
Is the stainless steel shiny?
The metal grab bar features a brushed nickel finish.
Does the grab bar include flanges to hide the mounting hardware?
Yes! Each grab bar includes decorative flanges that securely lock in place after installation for a clean, sleek appearance.
Is the metal bar rust proof for use in the shower?
Yes! The stainless steel grab bar is resistant to rust and corrosion for use in the bathtub or shower.
Will the metal grab bar work in a tiled bathroom?
Yes! The metal grab bar can safely be installed on tile with additional mounting hardware.
Can I use this to pull myself up from sitting in the tub?
Yes, the metal grab bar can be installed diagonally in most bathtubs for additional assistance in exiting the tub.
Does the bar have to be installed into a stud?
Ideally, the grab bar should be installed into a stud, however, the set includes wall anchors for securing the grab bar to the wall if necessary.
Vive Metal Grab Bar Specification
||12", 16", 24"
|Distance from wall when installed