Smith & Nephew Exu Dry Dressing Features
- Non-adherent to the wound
- Designed to cover the wound with reduced friction
- Helps reduce the risk of maceration and irritation to the wound and surrounding tissue
- Wicks away drainage from the wound into the entire dressing, reducing the frequency of dressing changes
- Non-occlusive, soft, and pliable absorbent wound dressing
Smith & Nephew Exu-Dry Wound Dressing is indicated for managing moderate to heavily exuding wounds in the healing process. This includes:
- Pressure ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Traumatic wounds
- Surgical Incisions
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Smith & Nephew Exu Dry Dressing?
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling the dressing.
- Clean the wound with a suitable wound cleanser or saline solution and pat it dry with sterile gauze.
- Choose the appropriate size of the dressing to cover the entire wound area. The dressing should overlap the wound by at least 1-2 cm.
- Place the dressing directly over the wound, ensuring that it covers the entire wound bed.
- Use a secondary dressing to secure the Exu-Dry dressing in place if necessary. The secondary dressing can be a transparent film or adhesive tape.
- The Exu-Dry dressing can be left in place for up to three days or as your healthcare professional recommends.
- When it's time to change the dressing, remove the secondary dressing if used, and gently lift the Exu-Dry dressing from the wound bed.
- Discard the used dressing and clean the wound with a suitable wound cleanser or saline solution before applying a new dressing.
1. How often should I change this absorbent dressing?
The Exu-Dry dressing can be left in place for up to three days or as your healthcare professional recommends. The frequency of dressing changes may vary depending on the type and location of the wound, as well as the amount of exudate produced.
2. Can I use this dressing on a dry wound?
No, this dressing is designed for use on actively healing wounds and producing moderate to heavy levels of exudate. If your wound is dry, a different type of dressing may be more appropriate.
3. Can I cut the Exu-Dry dressing to fit a specific wound size?
Yes, it can be cut to fit the size and shape of the wound. However, it's important to ensure that the dressing covers the entire wound bed and overlaps the wound by at least 1-2 cm.
4. Can I shower or bathe with this dressing in place?
The Exu-Dry dressing is water-resistant, but it's not waterproof. It's best to avoid submerging the dressing in water, such as bathing or swimming. However, you can take a shower while wearing the dressing as long as you protect it from direct water spray.