Benefits of ALLEVYN LIFE Non Bordered Foam Dressing
- Allevyn Non-bordered dressings by Smith is highly absorbent
- The masking layer minimizes the visual impact of strikethrough, providing the patient with confidence that their dressing may not attract the negative attention of others
- fluid locking under pressure (in vitro)
- Peace of mind leakage prevention for the patient
- Common wound odor absorption when tested (in vitro) on representative compounds
- Multi-layered design provides cushioning and helps to redistribute pressure(in vitro)
- Silicone wound contact layer minimizes trauma to the wound and pain to the patient during dressing changes while allowing the dressing to be repositoned
- Helpful change indicator helps avoid unnecessary dressing change and waste
Allevyn life Foam Dressing Technology
Discretion Layer for Patient Confidence
The masking layer minimizes the visual impact of strike through, providing the patient with confidence that their dressing may not attract the negative attention of others. The masking layer acts as a change indicator which optimizes dressing change frequency and minimizes waste.
Lock-away Layer Providing Patient Peace of Mind
ALLEVYN Life has a hyper-absorber lock away core providing excellent fluid locking under pressure. absorbs common wound odors when tested on representative compounds and provides the patient with peace of mind leakage prevention
Cushioning Layer for Maximum Protection
ALLEVYN Life Dressings’ multi-layered design provide cushioning and help to redistribute pressure so patients can feel comfortable that they are cushioned against everyday trauma.
When to use ALLEVYN Life Dressings?
ALLEVYN Life Dressings provide wound management by secondary intention for:
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full- and partial-thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Skin tears
- Fungating ulcers
What to buy with Allevyn Life Foam Dressing?
How to Use ALLEVYN LIFE Non Bordered Foam Dressing?
- Cleanse the wound according to local protocols.
- Select an appropriate dressing size.
- Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area by removing excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound.
- Remove one of the protector materials from ALLEVYN Life and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin. Smooth the dressing over the wound ensuring there are no creases. When positioning ALLEVYN Life Sacrum dressings, place the narrow end of the dressing a minimum of 3/4 of an inch (2cm) above the anal sphincter, then smooth the dressing over the sacrum.
- Remove the remaining protector material and smooth the dressing over the remainder of the wound without stretching the dressing. The pad area only of the dressing must be adhered across the entire surface of the wound.
- ALLEVYN Life can be used to dress awkward wounds such as heels and elbows, the dressing corner lobes can be overlapped when positioning the dressing, ensuring no creasing or stretching occurs to the dressing.
When to Change ALLEVYN Life Dressings?
ALLEVYN Life Dressings can be left in place for up to 7 days, except the sacral area. Dressings in the sacral area can be left in place for up to 5 days, depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin, or until exudate covers more than 50% of the absorbent pad outside of the central screen.