Benefits of Polar Ice Knee Ice Pack Wrap
- Sealed Ice Polar Ice Standard Knee Wrap is easy to use
- Polar Ice delivers the benefits of cryotherapy with compression for soft tissue trauma
- Use post-surgically, during rehabilitation and following physical activity
- Effective to provide pain relief for bruises, sprains or injuries requiring cold therapy
- Long lasting cold therapy
- Soft fleece covering to protect skin
- Color: Blue/Green
What to buy with Ice Knee Wrap
How to apply Ice CPM Knee Wrap?
For Hospital Patients
- Apply Polar Ice Cold Therapy Support over surgical dressing or injured body area immediately following surgery, strain, or injury, securing with hook and loop for proper fit.
- For initial application, wear ice therapy wrap for up to 45 minutes over soft dressing or lightweight cloth. If applied directly to skin, Polar Ice Cold Therapy Support should be worn about 20 minutes.
- Reapply Polar Ice Cold Therapy support at 20-30 minute intervals during first 24-48 hours. Refreezing period is approximately one hour
- Polar Ice Cold Therapy Support should be applied immediately following surgery to reduce pain and swelling.
- Continue to apply until dressing is removed.
- Following removal of dressing, apply Polar Ice Cold Therapy Support as needed.
How to care for Polar Ice Knee Wrap?Freezing:
Place Polar Ice Cold Therapy Support and Ice Pack (if applicable) in freezer 1 ½ to 2 hours. Optimum freezer temperature is 0º to 15º F (-18º to -10º C). Maintenance:
Hand wash and air dry fabric wrap without ice inserts, where applicable. Polar Ice may be stored indefinitely in the freezer for immediate availability. For shorter duration cold therapy, the unit may also be refrigerated. For transporting to athletic events, a cooler with ice maintains the frozen units. This product intended for single patient use. Warning:
Cold therapy may cause frostbite if used improperly. Discontinue use and call your physician if skin becomes discolored or fails to regain normal color within 20 minutes following use.